C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NPP in a box problem

Old 02-24-2017, 07:34 PM
eprest1983
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 72 Posts

Default NPP in a box problem

I recently purchased the NPP in a box kit from nekkid parts and the vacuum solenoid was faulty, so they shipped me a new unit. I assume that solenoid was faulty in the new unit as well because it will not close the valves when it is hooked up. The lines have good vacuum back to the actuators when the solenoid is removed from the line and the valves close in the mufflers immediately when I start the car. Once the solenoid is hooked up, it just clicks and there isn't enough vacuum getting to the actuators to close the valves. I have even closed the actuators by hand with the solenoid hooked up and the valves slowly open once I let go. Does anyone have any ideas on what else I can do? I was thinking of buying the GM vacuum solenoid, but I am not sure if it will be compatible with the aftermarket unit (I know the vacuum lines will work, just not sure on the power supply). Any and all help is appreciated.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:58 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Don't want to come off as high and mighty but the chances of two being bad is really slim , they are not that complex at all
Are you sure you have it hooked up correctly ?

Are you getting 12 volts from the fuse tap , how about the other side of the tap ....

How about at the other end ( open the NPP box and you will see the other end ) Are you getting 12 volts at the solenoid inside the box ?

Do you have it grounded right , Did you use the screw that is recommended in the instructions as the others are not a ground ?

Vacuum from the motor side going into the right port and vacuum from the Actuator side is correct with the " T" fitting correctly ?

Try switch the wires around in the box to have it start OPEN...

If your unit has the start up option you can switch the start up mode by removing the 4
screws on the cover. You will see a metal control valve with a yellow top. Currently you
should have the black and red wires attached (both have a red connector on them), the
black wire always must be attached to the valve. The red wire causes the unit to start
CLOSED. You will also find a white wire (with a red connector on it) that is not used. If
you swap the red wire on the valve with the white wire, the unit will always start OPEN.
Dave
Old 02-24-2017, 09:05 PM
eprest1983
Pro

It has power throughout, but didn't think of the ground being an issue.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:07 PM
eprest1983
Pro

Vacuum is fine all the way to the actuators until the solenoid is thrown back into the mix.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:27 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Yep make sure you are grounding it on the right screw , do u need the instructions ?

Dave
Old 02-24-2017, 09:28 PM
eprest1983
Pro

Yes, the instructions would be great since I don't have have them anymore. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:47 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by eprest1983
Yes, the instructions would be great since I don't have have them anymore. Thanks for the help.
No Problem

here is the link to the instructions
http://www.nakidparts.com/sitebuilde...pplitels3a.pdf

If you have any more questions you can email me at Dcasole at Comcast.net

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To NPP in a box problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NPP in a box problem