C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c6 f55 service traction control

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default c6 f55 service traction control

recently I've developed a concern over the traction control of my c6 f55. I'm in No. va. and it been raining lately. Not alot of rain but enough to keep the roads wet and at times very very slick. The first time the traction disabled itself was when I was driving up 95 playing with a 350 z. All off a sudden it felt like it was missing, kinda like bad gas, acceleration was naught and eventually the service traction control came across the DIC. I eventually had to switch over to competition modee so I could continue to play and finish off the Z. Well needless to say I was concerned since I've only had the car 2 weeks. It happened again last night but this time I was simply pulling away from the side of the road, me and my lady pulled over for a sec. As I pulled away from the curb, accelerating slightly, not agressive but with a bit of throttle. There is goes again, miss miss miss, slip slip, no traction, service traction control. Wel, I switch over to traction off and on down the road we go.

Is this to be expected, is it due to the torque and no traction that causes the traction control to go into a shut down cycle since it can't do anything to help ? Is this normal and should I expect to have to switch into traction off or comp mode when the road conditions are slick ?
Old 12-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Doesn't sound normal at all. Probably a flakey sensor (or the computer input it's connected to). Definately bring it in to have it fixed.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:46 PM
WhiteC5Vette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

It was Service Traction Control and not TRAC/ACT HNDLG-ON/OFF, or something similar? The system flashes a message when the system is active.
If it was Service Traction Control, check for an engine code. Don't have a C6...yet (but I do have the C6 service manual); I assume you can check codes via the IPC as in the C5. Get the codes, if any and post them, it might help. Otherwise, let a dealer look at it.

On a side note, just discovered that the C6 has an added feature in the ABS/Traction Control/Active Handling features; called Dynamic Rear Proportioning (DRP).
The dynamic rear proportioning (DRP) is a control system that replaces the hydraulic proportioning function of the mechanical proportioning valve in the base brake system. The DRP control system is part of the operation software in the EBCM. The DRP uses active control with existing ABS in order to regulate the vehicle's rear brake pressure.

The red brake warning indicator is illuminated when the dynamic rear proportioning function is disabled.

The DRP is not used on a C5.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:02 AM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Default service traction system

yes the error message is / was "service traction system" displayed on the DIC. Also the traction light came on. The message continues to flash until I reboot the car (turn it off and restart it).

I've got an appointment to have it looked at today, OnStar said there was an error with the abs. They pulled it up remotly, I called them when it happened to report the problem.

This is my first vette and I don't knbow all the tricks yet, so I'm not sure how to get the codes to display.

btw: the fricking skip shift is really getting to bug me. During wet weather it kicks in too much. Gotta excellerate slowly during wet weather but it locks out second. I'm thinking about doing the radio shack fix and disable the cags.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Probably a bad sensor.

The active handling and traction control are both disabled on my C5 at the moment because I haven't replaced a bad sensor that I have. With all of this NoVa rain, it's been pretty exciting.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:49 AM
hlv
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Scissors
Probably a bad sensor.

The active handling and traction control are both disabled on my C5 at the moment because I haven't replaced a bad sensor that I have. With all of this NoVa rain, it's been pretty exciting.
I drove in the rain 5 of the 9 days I could drive my c6 now
we have snow so I washed it last night and it will be put away
till spring. I never had any prob like you are haveing.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Zig
Safety Car

Probably a bad sensor.

how did you find out you had a bad sensor ? also do you know how to get the car to display the trouble codes ? the mechanic said he didn't find any stored codes and the system seems to reset itself each time I shut off the car.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude's Donor '06

Originally Posted by Zig
how did you find out you had a bad sensor ? also do you know how to get the car to display the trouble codes ? the mechanic said he didn't find any stored codes and the system seems to reset itself each time I shut off the car.
On the C5 you can hold down DIC button "4" and press button "1" four times in order to enter the error code menu.

I don't know if the C6 allows this. Or, if it does, how you would get into it.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Dannyc
Intermediate

hey zig i have a 2005 sunset orange corvette and my traction light came on to its all messed up and the dealer is stupid they dont know how to fix it they put a new sensor in but my traction control doesnt even work so they didnt fix it but they are stupid theyll never fix it until they get alot of people bring in there cars for it.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Dannyc
Intermediate

yea my cars traction light went off after i shut down my car but as soon as i get on it again like in the rain it comes back on but not anymore now that they put a new censor in it but i still dont have a traction system
Old 12-14-2004, 05:11 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default Over 200 sensors in this car?

Probably a bad sensor.

Driving this 2005 is like operating a computer.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude's Donor '06

Originally Posted by LS WON
Driving this 2005 is like operating a computer.
Blue Screen of Death?
Old 12-14-2004, 05:55 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default I have F-55 suspension

When I am not moving and car is on I can hear some type of noise when I switch back and forth from tour to sport I have to sometime wonder if I can tell the difference on the road when driving and have switched while driving. But no problems thus far..
Old 12-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Z064life
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Dannyc
hey zig i have a 2005 sunset orange corvette and my traction light came on to its all messed up and the dealer is stupid they dont know how to fix it they put a new sensor in but my traction control doesnt even work so they didnt fix it but they are stupid theyll never fix it until they get alot of people bring in there cars for it.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1548953134

He said this car was sold on 11/26/04. I've noticed he doesn't write in English very well, but I won't hold that against him. He has just posted nothing but negative comments and is now contradicting himself

I won't call him any names, but take a look at most of his posts, you'll get the idea
Old 12-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Dannyc
Intermediate

yeah i had all those problem with my c6 that i owned you bitch also yes i did sell it but i tryed to let him know what was going on with my car while i owned it ok
Old 12-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Z064life
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Dannyc
yeah i had all those problem with my c6 that i owned you bitch also yes i did sell it but i tryed to let him know what was going on with my car while i owned it ok

And now everyone can see what I was talking about
Old 12-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Dannyc
Intermediate

Good

Get notified of new replies

To c6 f55 service traction control

Quick Reply: c6 f55 service traction control