Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Dealer allocation letter

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Zivnuska
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dealer allocation letter

Did your dealer get the letter specifying the number of allocations available for the Z06? My dealer doesn't have the letter although the zone rep said they are getting one (Z06) in December or before. What are you guys hearing from your dealers?
Old 07-02-2005, 11:52 AM
vette6799
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Zivnuska
Did your dealer get the letter specifying the number of allocations available for the Z06? My dealer doesn't have the letter although the zone rep said they are getting one (Z06) in December or before. What are you guys hearing from your dealers?
My dealer sells about 40 vettes annually and is the No. 4 dealer in the DC area for vette sales. They are allocated two Z06's for the entire 2006 sales year. Fortunately, I am #1 on their list and really don't care if I have to wait a few months for a car. Bugs and fixes should start showing up a few months later.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Z11409
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Delivery in late OCT or early Nov.--Every dealer recieved the later dated 6-16-05
Old 07-02-2005, 01:12 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I stopped by my local dealer yesterday and asked that question. he said they had seven Z06 allocations and they all had deposits down on them. But, he sure was anxious to get my name & number to inform me when the first one arrives.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:51 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

My dealer is getting one car only for the first 6 months. I am #2. Hopefully GM is being overly cautious and will build more than this first 6 months projection. I wish someone knowledgeable about Kerbeck's, Stanford's or Maxie Price's numbers would give us their first 6 month allocations numbers so we would have a benchmark to compare with. No one has done so to my knowledge.

GOLD72
Old 07-02-2005, 02:01 PM
0SMOKNC6Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GOLD72
My dealer is getting one car only for the first 6 months. I am #2. Hopefully GM is being overly cautious and will build more than this first 6 months projection. I wish someone knowledgeable about Kerbeck's, Stanford's or Maxie Price's numbers would give us their first 6 month allocations numbers so we would have a benchmark to compare with. No one has done so to my knowledge.

GOLD72

I am no. 7 at Maxie. They sold about 344 Corvettes last year and their 6 month allotment is projected around 44.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Hello!

On the top of the big board yesterday was this reminder from forum dealer Ken Fichtner. He originally posted it week of June 15th.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...5&forum_id=100

My dealer kept telling me that he had no letter until I emailed this to him.

Here’s what the letter says:

XXXXXX
XYZ Chevrolet
123 Main Street
Anywhere, MT XXXXX

Attention: Dealer Operator and New Car Sales Manager

Subject: Corvette Z06 Allocation Projection

An integral part of the 2006 Corvette Z06 distribution plan is to provide an extended allocation projection to all eligible Corvette dealers. This is a projection and not a commitment, but is intended to assist dealers in managing customer expectations in line with dealer allocation.

Below is your dealership’s projected allocation of Z06 through December 2005 production. A second extended projection will be provided in December. Please keep in mind that this allocation projection is based on an estimated production schedule and therefore must continue to be considered as a projection and is not to be considered an absolute commitment.

Your Z06 Estimated Allocations:
July August September October November December
# # # # # #

If a dealer chooses not to consent to their Z06 allocation that allocation will be redistributed to another eligible dealer during the variance resolution and will not be rolled forward nor will it be converted to regular Corvette allocation.

Note: Complete details of the Z06 Distribution Plan are available in Chevylaunch.com
Old 07-02-2005, 02:56 PM
sboxs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default kerbeck

i'm 57 on Kerbecks list and they told me november
Old 07-02-2005, 03:32 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Originally Posted by SMOKNC6Z06
I am no. 7 at Maxie. They sold about 344 Corvettes last year and their 6 month allotment is projected around 44.
What is your projected delivery date? Did your order go in yet? Best of luck! I am # 16 at maxie!
Old 07-02-2005, 03:48 PM
camille
Racer

My dealer has been tight-lipped about allocation, among other things. Really no surprise. I'd sure like to see the list of the top 25 dealers - pretty sure my Bay Area dealer didn't make the Tier 1 cut.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:54 PM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

he is blowing smoke up your you know what. ALL dealers were sent the letter on june 16th. that means they got it about 3 days after that,give or take for the postal service. If the manager doesn't have it, the owner does. That is a fact. I deal with 4 dealers in the panhandle of florida, none of whom is in the first tier, but ALL have their allocation letter.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:00 PM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by camille
My dealer has been tight-lipped about allocation, among other things. Really no surprise. I'd sure like to see the list of the top 25 dealers - pretty sure my Bay Area dealer didn't make the Tier 1 cut.
If you are curious, confront him about the letter from chevrolet. That is usually all it takes for them to realize you know more about it than they do, probably. That is how I found out how many my dealer was getting(actually 2 dealers as I have a deposit with 2 dealers) before december. I am 6th in line at one dealer and they are getting 5 thru december. I am 2nd in line at the other dealer, they are getting 1 thru december. Unless someone drops out, I am looking at jan or feb. Oh well, good things come to those that wait.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:12 PM
speedwaylemans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My dealer called me with the allocations. If nothing changes, I have an allocation in Nov, #6 on her list! Bruce Glueck Chevrolet in Jasper, Fla. dealing with Becky Davis, highly recommend her. Tell her Bob Hardt sent you!

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer allocation letter

Quick Reply: [Z06] Dealer allocation letter