Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Dealership Cheated Me Out Of My Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 01:03 AM
MarinCounty
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Cheated Me Out Of My Z06

General Motors Customer Service COMPLAINT

On the 10 June 2005 (approx 4 months ago) we (my father and I) went into Anderson Chevrolet in Menlo Park, CA and had the fleet manager Kurt Mietz accept deposits for two 2006 Z06 Corvettes (one Black and one Silver). We had sold 4ea Dodge Vipers and were excited to become loyal customers of the Z06 Corvette. We placed a 500 USD deposit on each of the cars with a total sales price of 3500 USD each above MSRP (in writing). Shortly after this, the dealership had an allocation to order one of the cars. Approximately 1 month ago, Anderson Chevrolet went out of business, and Kurt Mietz told us that Putnam Chevrolet was going to hire him if he transferred his Corvette database to their company, and that he was going to have our vehicles transferred to Putnam Chevrolet for delivery.

Yesterday (Saturday 01 October 2006) Kurt Mietz called to inform us that Robert P Kinann's vehicle was in (the Silver with Ebony and Red interior). We were actually on the road driving down to the dealership to take delivery of the vehicle, and Rick, the owner of Putnam Chevrolet (Ricks Direct Line 650 642 6835), called us on the cell phone and told us, "Don't bother to come down to pick up your vehicle unless you are prepared to pay 20,000 USD over MSRP." We told him that was not the agreement, that the automobile was ordered for us, not his dealership, that we waited 5 months for it, and that he is screwing us out of the vehicle because he got greedy and wants more money.

This car was not allocated for Putnam's dealership; it was ordered at Anderson Chevrolet’s Dealership for us, and just because it got transferred by Kurt Mietz, the fleet manager of Anderson Chevrolet, this does not give Putnam Chevrolet the right to take the vehicle from us that we ordered and waited for. This is unethical and unprofessional.

This dealership should not be representing your company this way. They are taking advantage of GM's customers for their own financial gain and greed WHEN IT WASN'T THEIR CAR, wasn't their allocation, PUTNAM did not place the order, and they just took advantage of the fact that the fleet manager was transferring the car to their dealership for delivery.

In fear of loosing his job, just recently Kurt Mietz now spinlessly declined any comment to our attorney to collaborate these facts. Kurts Cell phone Number is 650 766 7777.

We request that a demand be put on Putnam Chevrolet from GM Corporate that the very next allocation of ANY corvette Z06 be sold to us for the agreed upon 3500 USD above MSRP. We have already waited for 5 months for this vehicle.

We are a professional engineering and building corporation; if we treated our client base the way Putman has treated us, we would be out of business!

MORAL OF THE STORY, Based off of our experience, DON'T BUY ANTHING FROM PUTNAM CHEVROLET, (www.PutnamGM.com) in Burlingame, CA, or Kurt Mietz, they will screw you!
Old 10-04-2005, 01:09 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default I did not find Menlo Park Andersen Chevrolet helpful at all they wanted $3,000 over

Originally Posted by MarinCounty
General Motors Customer Service COMPLAINT

On the 10 June 2005 (approx 4 months ago) we (my father and I) went into Anderson Chevrolet in Menlo Park, CA and had the fleet manager Kurt Mietz accept deposits for two 2006 Z06 Corvettes (one Black and one Silver). We had sold 4ea Dodge Vipers and were excited to become loyal customers of the Z06 Corvette. We placed a 500 USD deposit on each of the cars with a total sales price of 3500 USD each above MSRP (in writing). Shortly after this, the dealership had an allocation to order one of the cars. Approximately 1 month ago, Anderson Chevrolet went out of business, and Kurt Mietz told us that Putnam Chevrolet was going to hire him if he transferred his Corvette database to their company, and that he was going to have our vehicles transferred to Putnam Chevrolet for delivery.

Yesterday (Saturday 01 October 2006) Kurt Mietz called to inform us that Robert P Kinann's vehicle was in (the Silver with Ebony and Red interior). We were actually on the road driving down to the dealership to take delivery of the vehicle, and Rick, the owner of Putnam Chevrolet (Ricks Direct Line 650 642 6835), called us on the cell phone and told us, "Don't bother to come down to pick up your vehicle unless you are prepared to pay 20,000 USD over MSRP." We told him that was not the agreement, that the automobile was ordered for us, not his dealership, that we waited 5 months for it, and that he is screwing us out of the vehicle because he got greedy and wants more money.

This car was not allocated for Putnam's dealership; it was ordered at Anderson Chevrolet’s Dealership for us, and just because it got transferred by Kurt Mietz, the fleet manager of Anderson Chevrolet, this does not give Putnam Chevrolet the right to take the vehicle from us that we ordered and waited for. This is unethical and unprofessional.

This dealership should not be representing your company this way. They are taking advantage of GM's customers for their own financial gain and greed WHEN IT WASN'T THEIR CAR, wasn't their allocation, PUTNAM did not place the order, and they just took advantage of the fact that the fleet manager was transferring the car to their dealership for delivery.

In fear of loosing his job, just recently Kurt Mietz now spinlessly declined any comment to our attorney to collaborate these facts. Kurts Cell phone Number is 650 766 7777.

We request that a demand be put on Putnam Chevrolet from GM Corporate that the very next allocation of ANY corvette Z06 be sold to us for the agreed upon 3500 USD above MSRP. We have already waited for 5 months for this vehicle.

We are a professional engineering and building corporation; if we treated our client base the way Putman has treated us, we would be out of business!

MORAL OF THE STORY, Based off of our experience, DON'T BUY ANTHING FROM PUTNAM CHEVROLET, (www.PutnamGM.com) in Burlingame, CA, or Kurt Mietz, they will screw you!
sticker no buts ands or if's. You would do better at Los Gatos Chevrolet which also used to be Andersen's. For sure the service at Los Gatos Chevrolet is top notch #1
Old 10-04-2005, 01:13 AM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

I hope GM steps up to the plate and resolve this to your satisfaction. They have got to, if they don't, I will not feel sorry for GM if they keep loosing market shares.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Z06Vettefan
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

A nice Lawsuit should get their attention.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:46 AM
gx624
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Call one of your local tv news teams' "Troubleshooter" reporters. Hang Putnam in Prime Time.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Fleet managers do not "own" allocation and can not transfer anything. They are only employees. When the dealership was sold it included all allocation and ordered cars. A good dealer would have honored past commitments.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:10 AM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Am I the only one who notices a certain quaint language usage in this FIRST post by MarinCounty? Would you write a letter to GM noting that you were referring to "USD" (U.S. dollars) rather than, say, guilders?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:49 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

I think any stealership that charges above MSRP and gets people who will do it will think that the customer is a sucker and they will try to suck as much out of you they can. DO NOT pay above msrp, ever. Period.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:21 AM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

i agree with everything you say and the specific individual(s) and/or entities named...

that's based on my personal history with the aforementioned a few years back...

sorry to hear you're getting hosed. just move on, it ain't worth the hassle (or slander you might face if you carry this further in publilc).

moral of the story: on a new z or any new vette, work with forum dealers first. f&*k the anderson, a.k.a. power chevy folks.

Last edited by SLO VETTE; 10-04-2005 at 04:04 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:44 AM
FFCobra
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

GM better train people to sell $70,000 cars or the Porsche crowd will never know the love of a small block. Someone needs to remind these dealers that they are not selling a Corvette, they are selling a Z06. Its a whole new world. Training is key. Dealerships are so short sighted and don't see the damage they are doing to the long-term brand name.

But then again, maybe they don't care. They sell Chevy's, not Porsche's. So if they can make $20,000 on one car, why not screw the customer? Do you think a guy buying a $70,000 has a need for anther Chevy on the lot? Not likely, unless its a truck.

Did GM offer training for the ZR-1 sales? How about the Z06?

- Bill

Last edited by FFCobra; 10-04-2005 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:00 AM
EHS
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by allanlaw
Am I the only one who notices a certain quaint language usage in this FIRST post by MarinCounty? Would you write a letter to GM noting that you were referring to "USD" (U.S. dollars) rather than, say, guilders?
No, I'd use the $ sign.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:33 AM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by allanlaw
Very perceptive and ACCURATE. After 40 years of dealing in international business, I guarantee that the writer is not American.

Any of us would have said $500 or 500 dollars.

Frank Gonzalez
Old 10-04-2005, 08:40 AM
steve burns
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If (and I realize this is a big if with some people) you have a "signed" agreement, with all the terms and conditions of sale, I would get a lawyer and sue the dealership. There must be something they can do. Usually they will cave in if they see a lawsuit coming. Also..dont pay over msrp....they saw you coming when you did that.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:19 AM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Funny, you passed out a lot of personal information about the people you supposedly dealt with and nothing on yourself. Pretty hard to verify your one sided story.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:28 AM
rich_r31
Advanced

First of all, these guys are not your friends. $3500 over MSRP after buying 4 Vipers??? F' 'em
Old 10-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

I wish everyone could calm down a bit on the "gotta have it today" attitude. Some people are worse than kids in a candy store. Paying these creeps anything over MSRP is just plain stupid, I don't care how much money you have, and when you, do it simply fosters more of this activity. This car is going to be around a while,it's not rare and never will be, and everyone WILL get one that wants one, so relax.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:04 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rich_r31
First of all, these guys are not your friends. $3500 over MSRP after buying 4 Vipers??? F' 'em
Didn't he also say he had an agreement in writing? Wouldn't that constitute for something?

Get notified of new replies

To Dealership Cheated Me Out Of My Z06

Old 10-04-2005, 10:23 AM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
Didn't he also say he had an agreement in writing? Wouldn't that constitute for something?
But, the agreement was with the "old" dealership, no longer in business.

They "should" be made liable to uphold the contract. It all depends on how California law is written, and they are usually the best when siding with consumers.

When they bought the dealership, they assumed all assets & liabilities...this includes contracts for cars already purchased from the old dealership (in my opinion).

At least you got it in writing....there are a lot of these guys who did it on a handshake and got royally screwed by the greed of the owners.

Who CARES if he is foreign...there are THOUSANDS of foreign workers with international corporations working in the good ole US of A, and their money spends just as well as mine.

Bottom line is...take it to an attorney familiar with consumer law. I'm SURE that somewhere there is a clause that states that the "purchaser" of the dealership needed to inform the contractee IN WRITING that there was a change in their order status. If they didn't, then "I think" you have them by the short-curlies...

I'd also try to contact the regional GM office and take it up with them...I'm sure they know what the dealers exposure is and can exert some "pressure" from above...if their CSI is adversely affected, it directly impacts allocation of vehicles....they can get screwed for not taking care of their customers. GM CAN carry a big stick when they need to get these mavericks in line....

Might even get some of that $20k graft back to YOU as "pain & suffering" compensation...good luck!!!!

Last edited by 1991Z07; 10-04-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:29 AM
BHP
Le Mans Master

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

GM's 1950s attitude is that dealers are "independent businesses" and they have no legal control over them. One reason GM is losing market share.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Fleet1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Another Yellow
Fleet managers do not "own" allocation and can not transfer anything. They are only employees. When the dealership was sold it included all allocation and ordered cars. A good dealer would have honored past commitments.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Dealership Cheated Me Out Of My Z06