Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Saw One!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Saw One!

A local dealership has one Yellow C6 Z06 and it's not even a Chevy dealership. It's new with 9 miles, had the NAV system and gray seat bolsters. I must say though I'm not really sure I like the Velocity Yellow compared to my 2003 Z06's Millenium Yellow. It's brighter and not as deep as my Z06. But it's still a nice car. Of course the dealership wanted $15K over MSRP. I just laughed and told them I wouldn't even consider paying MSRP much less over it. As I can wait out the pricing wars. While I was there I got lots of compliments by other customers about my car, one even asked if I was interested in selling it and gave me his card.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:21 PM
vstella
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shylor
..I can wait out the pricing wars.
I understand your principles..but it could be a long wait considering the constraints issue and the general knowledge that GM is going through some tough times..just my .02

There ARE dealers out there that will sell to for MSRP...if..you don't mind waiting til summer or fal '06 for a '07..just a thought.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We heard the same thing when the 2001 C5 Z06 first came out. Then a few years later they were discounting. I'm not willing to pay MSRP for any car! I can wait it out and will continue to enjoy my 2003 Z06 until then.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:11 PM
EHS
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shylor
We heard the same thing when the 2001 C5 Z06 first came out. Then a few years later they were discounting. I'm not willing to pay MSRP for any car! I can wait it out and will continue to enjoy my 2003 Z06 until then.
And it'll come sooner than vstella thinks. He'll just be taking a bigger hit on his depreciation.

Get notified of new replies

To Saw One!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Saw One!