Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] clutch fluid restrictor

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:11 AM
patton
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default clutch fluid restrictor

the c5's used a restrictor in the line to go easy on drive train. is it still in the new z06's
Old 06-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Lot of bad info out there on this subject. No one I know of ever cured pedal woes on a C5 by changing the MC line. Ditto the C6.

If you keep your clutch fluid clean on a C5 and C6, the pedal will behave normally.

On the C6Z, the pedal behaves badly on a drag strip launch if the clutch release is not extremely quick. Said another way...without slip.

The are usually a couple threads a week on this topic.

Ranger
Old 06-28-2006, 02:31 PM
patton
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

my bad the restrictor [if true] is in the master cylinder
Old 06-28-2006, 02:48 PM
patton
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

oops not my bad its in the line near the master just drill it out 1/8 bit about 1 inch till it goes in free. no more please release me at 7 grand
Old 06-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by patton
oops not my bad its in the line near the master just drill it out 1/8 bit about 1 inch till it goes in free. no more please release me at 7 grand
Good luck with your proposed mod to the hydraulic line. Hasn't changed the clutch behavior of anyone I know or have read about. Perhaps your outcome will, somehow, be different.

C6Z owners who keep their clutch fluid clean are not having any trouble with their pedal behavior at high rpm. I've got 33 passes in mine, zero pedal issues on the shifts.

Ranger
Old 06-28-2006, 03:40 PM
cbgpe
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default restrictors

Originally Posted by Ranger
Lot of bad info out there on this subject. No one I know of ever cured pedal woes on a C5 by changing the MC line. Ditto the C6.

If you keep your clutch fluid clean on a C5 and C6, the pedal will behave normally.

On the C6Z, the pedal behaves badly on a drag strip launch if the clutch release is not extremely quick. Said another way...without slip.

The are usually a couple threads a week on this topic.

Ranger
Ranger
Flow restrictors are usually not installed in the brake line. Sometimes in the master cylinder outlet port. Some outlet ports have a check valve which will hold a little pressure in the system down stream of the master cylinder ....maybe this is what is being refered to...???
Is there a bleed screw at the slave cylinder for the clutch? Advise
Old 06-28-2006, 03:43 PM
patton
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

www.installuniversity.com go to INSTALL then TRANSMISSION. I'M not trying to be a pain about this it's just me thinking i read about this 5 yrs. ago
Old 06-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cbgpe
Ranger
Flow restrictors are usually not installed in the brake line. Sometimes in the master cylinder outlet port. Some outlet ports have a check valve which will hold a little pressure in the system down stream of the master cylinder ....maybe this is what is being refered to...???
Is there a bleed screw at the slave cylinder for the clutch? Advise
cbgpe , Believe Patton is talking about a restriction that some parties report exists in the clutch hydraulic line from the master to the actuator (slave). It's a carry-over thought from F-bodies.

Bunch of folks hoped that installing a restrictor-less line would solve their clutch pedal woes. Some vendors custom-made and sold these restrictor-less lines. And owners tried them on C5s. Unofrtunately, didn't solve their clutch pedal woes.

BTW, hoping you'll follow-up on the dead-battery thread you started.

Ranger
Old 06-28-2006, 04:08 PM
patton
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

no no no i dont mean this will fix any clutch problem. This just improves what is working right
Old 06-28-2006, 04:31 PM
cbgpe
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger
cbgpe , Believe Patton is talking about a restriction that some parties report exists in the clutch hydraulic line from the master to the actuator (slave). It's a carry-over thought from F-bodies.

Bunch of folks hoped that installing a restrictor-less line would solve their clutch pedal woes. Some vendors custom-made and sold these restrictor-less lines. And owners tried them on C5s. Unofrtunately, didn't solve their clutch pedal woes.

BTW, hoping you'll follow-up on the dead-battery thread you started.

Ranger
Ranger
DBS went away as qickly as it came. Could be a key fob stored too close to the car... will keep you posted on that one....
Old 06-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cbgpe
Ranger
DBS went away as qickly as it came. Could be a key fob stored too close to the car... will keep you posted on that one....

cbgpe, That would be a good outcome. If you get a chance to post that again on that dangling thread, t'would be good.

Ranger

Get notified of new replies

To clutch fluid restrictor

Quick Reply: [Z06] clutch fluid restrictor