Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Don't EVER go to Multi Chevrolet in Union, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:48 PM
withrow79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't EVER go to Multi Chevrolet in Union, NJ

My check engine light came on on my new Z06 (4,000 miles). I took it in to a local dealer to get it checked out - Multi Chevrolet in Union, NJ. The Service Advisor called to tell me that the problem was MY FAULT! He said I had overfilled the oil and drove the car too hard causing the oil to overflow which ruined my Air Filter, Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor and Snorkel. All in including parts, labor and tax was ~$850 and was NOT covered under Warranty because it was MY FAULT that I had Overfilled the oil... Therefore I would have to foot the bill!

I absolutely 100% denied that my oil was ever overfilled... I know exactly every inch of my car and know exactly how hi my oil wasa filled... The service manager raised an attitude with me and continued to insist that it was not a warranty issue. I disputed the issue with GM who eventually after a lot of runaround said that they defer to the area service mgr for my dispute... Long story longer, the service mgr at Multi Chevrolet told the same story to the regional service manager who denied my my appeal that this should be a warranty claim...

I decided that I did not trust the dealer and went in around 7:30PM on a friday to get my car. The Service Dept. was closed at that hour so I went to the pickup desk to ask for my car. The woman said she didn't have paper work for my car. I told her that I decided not to get any work done there and that it had to be the only Red '06 Z06 in the back... After about 10 minutes of waiting she got a call from the back and told me they would pull my car around. When they pulled it around it was wet and dirty (it had obviously been left outside in the back through a very big thunderstorm). The guy got out, tossed me the keys and walked away. I drove off and thought to myself "Did they really just give me an $80,000 car with no paperwork, no ID, nothing???" I hadn't even given them my name and had never seen anyone in that dealership before???

Okay, almost to the point of the story. I took the car down to KERBECK in Atlantic City where I had bought the car. KERBECK is AWESOME by the way. Jack, the Service mgr at Kerbeck called me today to tell me that the MAF and Snorkel were absolutely fine other than the fact that the MAF had been unhooked (probably by the other dealer in an attempt to make sure my check engine light stayed on). The filter was dirty and had a couple of drops of oil on it, but nothing major. They replaced the air filter reset the engine light code and plugged the MAF back in and I'm picking my car back up in a couple of days!

Bottom line, MULTI CHEVROLET in Union, NJ was trying to charge me for stuff that wasn't even wrong with my car. They said it was my fault and wasn't covered under warranty because they were simply trying to STEAL MY MONEY!!!! Watch where you take your cars for service because there are a lot of scumbags out there.

I have been nothing but pleased with Kerbeck - I'll be driving the 100 miles from now on every time something happens with my car in the future!
Old 08-03-2006, 01:02 AM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Contact the BBB?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:09 AM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Happy ending . . . BUT either check the lower emission pad in the air bridge yourself, or take it back to Kerbeck to check, or call and ask them if they checked it. If you got oil on the air filter, it passed over the lower pad which has a tendency to loosen it up. This can cause REAL problems down the road. So, check it (or have it checked) now!!
Old 08-03-2006, 05:47 AM
Stage7
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about your experience, but glad it had a good ending.

FYI: Multi was trying to charge me $15k over msrp for a Z06. Didn't matter if I financed or brought cash. They would not BUDGE. This was in May.

They did not give me the "warm and fuzzies", and your story SEALED it for me.

Luckily, Cartek is near me, and I go there for all service, including fluid changes. My powertrain warranty is dead anyway with my 402 stroker.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:49 AM
withrow79
Instructor

Default Go to Kerbeck

Stage7--
If you're considering buying a Z06, call Dave at Kerbeck 877-537-2325 or shoot him an email dave@kerbeck.com

I've bought 2 Corvettes from them in the past 1.5 yrs and they are totally professional and easy to deal with... Not to mention they have the best selection around. Trust me, it's worth the 100 mile drive to deal with the best!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Mr. Wob
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by withrow79
Stage7--
If you're considering buying a Z06, call Dave at Kerbeck 877-537-2325 or shoot him an email dave@kerbeck.com

I've bought 2 Corvettes from them in the past 1.5 yrs and they are totally professional and easy to deal with... Not to mention they have the best selection around. Trust me, it's worth the 100 mile drive to deal with the best!

always opt for Kerbeck - Frank and especially George are good guys and really go out of their way for their customers.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:07 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

It is such a shame that these dealerships sour the "Corvette Experience" and pull crap like that. I had a similiar experience with Thomas Chevrolet in Media. When my headlight motor went bad they told me they would need my car for a few days and that it needed a motor and a regulator and a few other parts and that the entire assembly had to come out and then it would need to go to the body shop to get realigned etc etc. I ended up doing it myself and all it was was the motor just like I told them and I did it in my driveway in twenty minutes. It is a shame but I would rather pay for the part and do it myself than take it to a dealer for warranty work.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:10 AM
thedak
Advanced

Up yours Multi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont even know this place but I thought I would give u some props....
Old 08-03-2006, 10:15 AM
PeterK
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

Sounds like a regular chevy dealer to me.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:22 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterK
Sounds like a regular car dealer to me.
Fixed it for you! All car brands have dealers in their network like this just like they all have good dealers. I can tell you a few stories about the others, some much worse than this.

Unless you have proof that GM tells all dealerships to act this way, this is just a regular negative, biased, pathetic post from you. But have a good day anyway!
Old 08-03-2006, 01:15 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by glass slipper
Fixed it for you! All car brands have dealers in their network like this just like they all have good dealers. I can tell you a few stories about the others, some much worse than this.

Unless you have proof that GM tells all dealerships to act this way, this is just a regular negative, biased, pathetic post from you. But have a good day anyway!
Peter never misses a chance to slam Chevy or GM.

Frank Gonzalez
Old 08-03-2006, 01:32 PM
mvcrash
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guy got out, tossed me the keys and walked away. I drove off and thought to myself "Did they really just give me an $80,000 car with no paperwork, no ID, nothing???" I hadn't even given them my name and had never seen anyone in that dealership before???

Give them a heart attack, call and ask for your car!!
Old 08-03-2006, 01:34 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mvcrash
Old 08-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by allanlaw
Happy ending . . . BUT either check the lower emission pad in the air bridge yourself, or take it back to Kerbeck to check, or call and ask them if they checked it. If you got oil on the air filter, it passed over the lower pad which has a tendency to loosen it up. This can cause REAL problems down the road. So, check it (or have it checked) now!!
Good call Allan! We did check this before we let John come get the car. Even though this was the first case of this we've seen at our shop, our service guys do stay abreast of things by cruising the forum when they get some time!
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 08-03-2006, 02:06 PM
withrow79
Instructor

Default I did!

Originally Posted by mvcrash
The Service advisor from Multi called the monday morning after I took the car home and asked if GM Customer Assistance had helped. I told them they didn't help but to go ahead and fix the car and I would just pay cash... He said "that's what I thought they'd say, we'll get to work on the car..."

The guy called me back 5 minutes later and I had my secretary tell him I was off the desk... I never called them back!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:58 PM
PeterK
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by glass slipper
:
Well, I'm just reflecting upon my direct experience with 5-to-7 chevy dealers in south texas. In fact, I don't think I've ever met a chevy dealer who I feel was competent to sell and service a $60+K car.

Last edited by PeterK; 08-03-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:00 PM
PeterK
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '12

The guy called me back 5 minutes later and I had my secretary tell him I was off the desk... I never called them back!
I'd say call them after buis. hours and say something "Yeah, I'm returning this call, please do call me when the car is ready"

Get notified of new replies

To Don't EVER go to Multi Chevrolet in Union, NJ

Old 08-03-2006, 04:04 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Well, I'm just reflecting upon my direct experience with 5-to-7 chevy dealers in south texas. In fact, I don't think I've ever met a chevy dealer who I feel was competent to sell and service a $60+K car.
Then say "Sounds like the chevy dealers I've experienced to me". Your original statement disparages all Chevy dealers with no proof...also known as slanderous.

All my experiences with Nissan, Volvo, Jaguar, and Honda dealerships have been nightmares...doesn't mean I can say all of those brands dealerships are horrible. I don't now or ever will own any of those brands of car so I won't have to subject myself to the torture you do everyday, I am a happy man for not owning any of the aforementioned cars. I would recommend you sell your Chevy to restore sanity and peace of mind to yourself. I'm very happy with my four Chevys and the work GM does on them. Sorry you choose to be a miserable person, but really, it's getting pretty old around here having to listen to your miserable, whiney drivel.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:06 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

I'd say call them after buis. hours and say something "Yeah, I'm returning this call, please do call me when the car is ready"
He told them Monday morning, it's now Thursday afternoon. I think they've figured it out by now even if you haven't.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:53 PM
GS0821
Cruising

Default L&S Chevrolet?

Was this dealer formerly called L&S Chevrolet? I bought my new 1963 340HP Stingray convert from them many years ago. As I recall they gave me grief when the clutch failed - I had to talk to the area service manager. I believe they fixed it for me under warranty - but that was then.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Don't EVER go to Multi Chevrolet in Union, NJ