Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LG G7X-3 and G7X-5 Cam/head/header package. Still the best

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:13 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default LG G7X-3 and G7X-5 Cam/head/header package. Still the best

Hi Guys,

625rwhp 550 rwtq with the G7X-5 LG Cam, Header, head package with un matched TORQUE

WE are getting ready to do a special on our Z06 packages. We will NOT do a cam package without removing the heads because of valve issues. So our price includes cylinder head R&R, competition valve job with head work and new valves to avoid any issues from the inevitable mistake on a shift.

Complete price including installation and head work with new valves: $6995.00 (headers extra)

We have two packages that are working well right now that we have been putting out for a while now. The G7X-3 puts out over 543rwhp but it is up to 508 rwtq!

That torque gives about 25 more hp at 5500 than the competition, and about 40 more torque at 3800 than the competiton. Stump pulling earth pounding power!

Then if you want to get more out of the package, you can step up to the G7X-4 or G7X-5 package with our LG Headers also. That power will now reach over 625 with 550 rwtq. That is about 735 flywheel hp and almost 650 flywheel torque!!

The drivability of the G7X-3 is like a baby cam. You would hardly know it is there if it weren't for the power. and all the way up to the G7X-5 with all that hp, the car still provides "Daily Driver" Manners.

Give us a call and we can discuss your needs, but remember that changing a cam without addressing the valve issues is not a good idea.

Feel free to call me or my sales dept.

We offer pick up and delivery to anywhere in the lower 48.

Notice the huge torque numbers from the LG Pro Long Tube Headers also!!Thanks
Lou gigliotti LGM

G7X-3 Cam,LG header package (Do it once, do it right)

G7X-5 Cam package: Notice the torque near 550 for about 500 rpms And over 625rwhp from 6250rpms up to 7000rpms! This is a real package to be proud of

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 11-09-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:22 PM
jrz1
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

setting myself up for a slam here but I just had LG headers, new intake & tune done and while I'm just shy of 500 rwhp the car is stupid fast. Almost to the point where it's silly on the street unless you want to risk some seriously high insurance bills (some of my friends - non car people - would say I've gone well past the point of silliness). Just can't imagine having THAT much more power unless you're really into drag racing. Never thought I'd say that but holy cow the car is fast now.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:30 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by jrz1
setting myself up for a slam here but I just had LG headers, new intake & tune done and while I'm just shy of 500 rwhp the car is stupid fast. Almost to the point where it's silly on the street unless you want to risk some seriously high insurance bills (some of my friends - non car people - would say I've gone well past the point of silliness). Just can't imagine having THAT much more power unless you're really into drag racing. Never thought I'd say that but holy cow the car is fast now.

I agree But I am silly. And I take my cars to the race track where I won't get into trouble.

And with the low end torque to pull your head off, I don't have to go 120mph to have fun. Our power comes in early, so just pushing the pedal after you leave the stop light is fun enough without exceeding the speed limit (too much) until I take it to the road course.

Here is an early exhaust switch video that will show the idle quality. With the switch closed, the stock mufflers are extremely quiet so as to not draw much attention.

video link
http://www.lgmracing.com/lgm-g7x4-idle.wmv

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM
Old 10-25-2006, 09:41 PM
jrz1
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah, can't wait to get the car to VIR in early December. Lou, what's your experience with various exhaust systems? Since I put the headers on the car is too loud above 3500 when the stock butterfly valves open. Wouldn't mind it louder than stock at idle (butterfly closed) to quiet things down a bit under heavy throttle/RPM. Don't want to draw too much unwanted attention to myself!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
JOETWINT
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I lived closer to Texas!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:48 PM
TetraU
Drifting

Over 600 rwhp from 5,900 to 7,000+ ...... OMG!

Lou:

Did you guys raise the redline on this bad boy setup?
Old 10-25-2006, 11:02 PM
StreetRacingGuy
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great packages...

what all is needed in the -5 cam package to get the 625 rwhp besides the headers, vavle upgrade, tuning, and cam? Ay TB work, intake porting, fuel system upgrade, electric water pump? How much is the -5 cam package complete to get the 625 rwhp?

Man, 625 rwhp with basic mods....unreal!

SRG
Old 10-26-2006, 04:20 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

How's the stock clutch holding up with that much at the wheels?

Great job Lou looks like a nice upgrade package.

Keep pushing the R&D and finding out more about the Z's potential for us performace guys.

Last edited by 07zo6; 10-26-2006 at 04:27 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Stage7
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

How is the performance for these packages off of the dyno? Do you have any quarter mile performance figures? Specifically mph at a specific race weight w/driver, as that's a better indicator of hp than a dyno is.

I've seen MANY cars dyno a HIGH # and not show it at in mph at the track, and I've seen cars that don't have an eye popping dyno # match or better the expected mph of cars that dynoed higher. I'm not specifically speaking of Corvettes, I'm talking about my experiences with many types of cars over the years.

I'm not insinuating anything about your packages, I'm merely asking the question of other performance data besides dyno #s at your facility.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:42 PM
scoop123
Heel & Toe

Having LG do this package to my motor now. Many other mods as well.

Last edited by scoop123; 10-28-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Z O SICK
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great numbers Lou!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:32 PM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

that is a great sound....
Old 11-01-2006, 03:54 PM
ZR1Pete
Pro

Originally Posted by Stage7
How is the performance for these packages off of the dyno? Do you have any quarter mile performance figures? Specifically mph at a specific race weight w/driver, as that's a better indicator of hp than a dyno is.

I've seen MANY cars dyno a HIGH # and not show it at in mph at the track, and I've seen cars that don't have an eye popping dyno # match or better the expected mph of cars that dynoed higher. I'm not specifically speaking of Corvettes, I'm talking about my experiences with many types of cars over the years.

I'm not insinuating anything about your packages, I'm merely asking the question of other performance data besides dyno #s at your facility.

Thanks in advance.

What he said.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:02 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I should have some more package numbers for you in a short bit as well. I have one on the dyno ready to go that is being setup as a street/track car and the other is going to be an absolute street terror.

Pictures, and dyno numbers coming soon!!

And as always, please feel free to call, or email anyone of us here with any questions or comments you might have about any of our Corvette and Z06 products!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Zlicious
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, for the people that have gone with the G7X-3 cam package, how do you like it? How is the every day driveability? How does the power feel over stock? Some info from any people that have gone with this G7X-3 package would be highly appreciated. TIA
Old 11-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlicious
So, for the people that have gone with the G7X-3 cam package, how do you like it? How is the every day driveability? How does the power feel over stock? Some info from any people that have gone with this G7X-3 package would be highly appreciated. TIA

second that

Rune
Old 11-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Stage7
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
I should have some more package numbers for you in a short bit as well. I have one on the dyno ready to go that is being setup as a street/track car and the other is going to be an absolute street terror.

Pictures, and dyno numbers coming soon!!

And as always, please feel free to call, or email anyone of us here with any questions or comments you might have about any of our Corvette and Z06 products!
Looking forward to the results. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To LG G7X-3 and G7X-5 Cam/head/header package. Still the best

Old 11-08-2006, 09:34 AM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=LG Motorsports]Hi Guys,

625rwhp 550 rwtq with the G7X-5 LG Cam, Header, head package with un matched TORQUE

WE are getting ready to do a special on our Z06 packages. We will NOT do a cam package without removing the heads because of valve issues. So our price includes cylinder head R&R, competition valve job with head work and new valves to avoid any issues from the inevitable mistake on a shift.

Complete price including installation and head work with new valves: $6995.00

Hhmmmm Lou... what are you replacing the Titanium intake & sodium filled exhaust valves with ?

Seems like you may be adding weight to the valve train ?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:05 AM
gtovan
Instructor

[QUOTE=trumper Z06]
Originally Posted by LG Motorsports

Hhmmmm Lou... what are you replacing the Titanium intake & sodium filled exhaust valves with ?

They are replacing the LS7 ti intake valves w/ lash caps for aftermarket ti valves w/o lash caps. No increased weight. There have been incidences of the caps coming off the stock valves causing havoc.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:47 PM
LG Motorsports

[QUOTE=trumper Z06]
Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi Guys,

We would never add weight to anything on a Z06

We just don't want to allow the door to be open for any issues with the lash pads. I would not use them in my race car, so I don't want to use them in the high performance street cars.

In fact we use a special back cut for more flow and low lift flow numbers.

Thanks
LG

PS, We don't drag race much here, so I don't have any 1/4 mile numbers for you. I do know that in a well driven Z06 you will get a good ET in the quarter mile. THen if you add more hp and torque, your times will get better.
Drag racing, like road racing is so "Driver dependent" that sometimes a lower power car can out ET a higher powered car. LG

Quick Reply: [Z06] LG G7X-3 and G7X-5 Cam/head/header package. Still the best