Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Clutch Pack Service-reverse gear?

Old 12-24-2006, 12:47 PM
JLANN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pack Service-reverse gear?

Took my Z to the dealership because of clunking noise coming from right rear when making left turns. Dealer replaced clutch pack and replaced gear lube. Noise is gone, but when I went to pick the car up at the dealership, I could not get the tranny into reverse gear. Service tech moved the car back to the garage and after 10 minutes brought the car back and said they did not have any trouble getting it into reverse???? Any ideas about the reverse gear issue? Of course, when I tried it again, I was able to shift into reverse, but it was pretty tough. After I drove it awhile, reverse gear was easier to shift into.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:52 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe they forgot to reconnect the reverse lockout solenoid wiring harness, or the shifter needed a little adjustment.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:25 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,787 Likes on 1,139 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by allanlaw
Maybe they forgot to reconnect the reverse lockout solenoid wiring harness, or the shifter needed a little adjustment.
I'm with Allan. I'll bet they forgot to connect the solenoid. When they pulled it in, they realized it was still disconnected, reconnected it, and said, "Um... no troubles here..."

jas

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch Pack Service-reverse gear?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Clutch Pack Service-reverse gear?