Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Redline Motorsports/ZO6 VARARAM VR-SCR..final testing!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Redline Motorsports/ZO6 VARARAM VR-SCR..final testing!

We'll we just received one of the proto-type VARARAM VR-SCR units for the new ZO6! We are one of three shops that are involved with final "field" testing to ensure that the final product is up to VARARAM's high standards. The system is very similar to the C6 version with the addition of the billet MAF housing that is needed for the new style MAF.

We will be testing to see the effects to fuel trims and other related PCM items so when final production is started there will be no issues.

Based upon what we have seen thus far with the LS7, it really likes air and we expect this new system to really give the Z some additional hard charge on the big end! The gains we have seen from air filter swaps and intake porting can only excite us for what we can expect!

Here are some shots of the system!

Nice job on the billet MAF housing. Might be nice polished!

As soon as we get thru our testing and talk with the other shops we will post some updates!

Stay tuned!

Howard
Old 02-16-2007, 02:54 PM
ayousef
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great, this is something im sure waiting for, just a question would it be compatible with halltech's F1 race replacement filter? I hope it does ^_^

good luck!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:15 PM
jwaked
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice, please keep us posted about gains and price.

Jay
Old 02-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Pat07c6z
Pro

Old 02-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ayousef
Great, this is something im sure waiting for, just a question would it be compatible with halltech's F1 race replacement filter? I hope it does ^_^

good luck!
I didn't have a F1 Filter around but here is the VR-SCR filter next to a stock filter.

Doesn't look like it would seal to good unfortunately!

Old 02-16-2007, 07:02 PM
jimsalone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bad place for the air inlet

Alot of your customers live in two license plate states. I won't be able to buy your product wi that design. It's a shame too because I had Vararm on my 2002 Z06 and really loved it. Is there a way to move the nose over ???

Jim
Old 02-16-2007, 08:52 PM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jimsalone
Alot of your customers live in two license plate states. I won't be able to buy your product wi that design. It's a shame too because I had Vararm on my 2002 Z06 and really loved it. Is there a way to move the nose over ???

Jim
Old 02-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jimsalone

Jim
Good point but no one every really has had a problem missing the front plate unless they asked for trouble! Non-moving violation and most guys would rather not have the plate for the cleaner look and performance gain!

A twin feed setup, from both sides of the plate, is not out of the question......let me see what can be done......

Howard
Old 02-17-2007, 12:33 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
We'll we just received one of the proto-type VARARAM VR-SCR units for the new ZO6! We are one of three shops that are involved with final "field" testing to ensure that the final product is up to VARARAM's high standards. The system is very similar to the C6 version with the addition of the billet MAF housing that is needed for the new style MAF.

We will be testing to see the effects to fuel trims and other related PCM items so when final production is started there will be no issues.

Based upon what we have seen thus far with the LS7, it really likes air and we expect this new system to really give the Z some additional hard charge on the big end! The gains we have seen from air filter swaps and intake porting can only excite us for what we can expect!

Here are some shots of the system!

Nice job on the billet MAF housing. Might be nice polished!

As soon as we get thru our testing and talk with the other shops we will post some updates!

Stay tuned!

Howard

Hey Howard... Nice ad...... But, "Stay Tuned"...... Come on now.... You know that's my tag!

Chuck CoW
Old 02-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Hey Howard... Nice ad...... But, "Stay Tuned"...... Come on now.... You know that's my tag!

Chuck CoW
Chuck,

To be honest with you.............I didn't pay much attention that " that's your tag!".

Kind of a routine statement when you plan on getting back to someone......

CoW is the one of the three also involved with pre-production testing. Look foward in sharing our thoughts so we can help Vararam get there new kit out for final production!

HT
Old 02-17-2007, 07:08 AM
ayousef
Drifting

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
I didn't have a F1 Filter around but here is the VR-SCR filter next to a stock filter.

Doesn't look like it would seal to good unfortunately!

Im afraid the race filter's shape is quite similar to the street version, I still didn't get you though, the bottom one is the halltech foamicomb street filter next to?

So are you saying that there is absolutely no chance for this to work? Im willing to try, cause I think its going to be a GREAT combination
Old 02-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ayousef
Im afraid the race filter's shape is quite similar to the street version, I still didn't get you though, the bottom one is the halltech foamicomb street filter next to?

So are you saying that there is absolutely no chance for this to work? Im willing to try, cause I think its going to be a GREAT combination
The bottom filter is the stock ZO6 filter. I didn't have a F1 filter in the shop. I showed it because the F1 is the same shape as the stock. The Green filter is with the Vararam unit.

I know the F1 filter is a great filter but the entire induction system needs to be viewed as more then a filter change.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Jim Shearer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

I would be very interested in what the fuel trims are showing at idle and low RPS's (without tuning!). A guy in Texas I know cut a hole in his Z06 radiator shroud to allow more air to get to the stock filter and his fuel trims went crazy at idle. If I remember correctly, he said they were +20 even after driving a couple of hundred miles.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jim Shearer
I would be very interested in what the fuel trims are showing at idle and low RPS's (without tuning!). A guy in Texas I know cut a hole in his Z06 radiator shroud to allow more air to get to the stock filter and his fuel trims went crazy at idle. If I remember correctly, he said they were +20 even after driving a couple of hundred miles.
Thats why we are doing this preliminary testing. Direction of air has a lot more to do then volume with this new MAF design. If the air is not not channeled properly that condition can exist.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:49 PM
jimsalone
Instructor

Default front license plates....

I for one always run the front plate cuz I live in upstate NY and the car(velocity yellow 2007 Z) draws all the attention(and more) than sometimes i might want. I would be willing to pay a little extra if VR came up with a downspout piece that drew air from each side of the plate. I understand that alot of time, work, and money goes in to making these products and trust me...that's what made me love the vararam I had on my 02 Z. I am by no means complaining or trying to take anything away from this product.....i just really want one. I guess we'll just wait and see...afterall you are just testing this version.

Hurry up though...spring is coming jk take your time..we'll be here

A satisfied Vararam customer......Jim
Old 02-19-2007, 12:20 PM
VaraRam Industries
Supporting Vendor

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'11-'12

We too are anxiously awaiting the results of testing!!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:58 PM
TypeR0149
Racer

any updates?

Get notified of new replies

To Redline Motorsports/ZO6 VARARAM VR-SCR..final testing!

Old 03-05-2007, 10:52 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Old 03-05-2007, 10:57 AM
TypeR0149
Racer

Originally Posted by NC_EB_Z06
you calling me stupid...bastard
Old 03-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Pat07c6z
Pro

Yeh...post up cuz the K&Ns are becoming available for $359. I'm torn.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Redline Motorsports/ZO6 VARARAM VR-SCR..final testing!