Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Wheel locks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 05:13 PM
smarcus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel locks?

Was suprised that there were no wheels locks on my chrome wheels. How many of you put locks on them?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Slow Poke
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Living in S. FL, I certainly did. You can find GM factory wheel locks on e-bay for about $40 bucks.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:10 AM
skudlw
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing I did. Ordered from the web for about $20. All Chrome to match exiting lugs.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by smarcus
Was suprised that there were no wheels locks on my chrome wheels. How many of you put locks on them?
They're supposed to be provided free by the dealership as part of "dealer prep". Most people have to ask for them. My brother asked for them for his C6 Z51 and got them with no problem. The part # was in a thread about a year ago...do a search and see if you can find it.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Mr. Scary
Instructor

Originally Posted by glass slipper
They're supposed to be provided free by the dealership as part of "dealer prep". Most people have to ask for them. My brother asked for them for his C6 Z51 and got them with no problem. The part # was in a thread about a year ago...do a search and see if you can find it.
Really? I had no idea. I just sent me dealer an email inquiring about the wheel locks. It can't hurt to ask.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 PM
catbert
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really! I've never seen a dealer put them on.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:14 AM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Scary
Really? I had no idea. I just sent me dealer an email inquiring about the wheel locks. It can't hurt to ask.
Yes, the dealership won't tell you though so they can make a few extra bucks...GM reimburses them as part of the delivery prep. If they don't give them to you, complain to GM. Oh yeah, I found the part number: 12498078, just tell them to order a set because they neglected to provide it during their dealer prep as reqiured by GM.

Good luck with it!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:25 AM
Mr. Scary
Instructor

Yes, the dealership won't tell you though so they can make a few extra bucks...GM reimburses them as part of the delivery prep. If they don't give them to you, complain to GM. Oh yeah, I found the part number: 12498078, just tell them to order a set because they neglected to provide it during their dealer prep as reqiured by GM.

Good luck with it!
Thanks a lot for the info! My dealer emailed back and said that he had never heard of the wheel locks being included in the dealer prep. Go figure! I'll complain to GM, I have some extra time this week.

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel locks?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Wheel locks?