Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What Jeremy Clarkson thinks of America and the Z06

Old 08-27-2007, 06:35 PM
The DBK
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Lau
You are correct, but he doesn't deny it. It's because he usually does the talking and a dirver hired by him drives the car for action shots. He's done it before. He did it with the Veyron numerous times. Hes admitted to it. Don't be such an ***.
Boo hoo hoo for you. The fact of the matter is, if it's another guy, just say it. Putting a driver in a curly wig and uh, "simulating" that it's you driving is completely useless.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by pajohns
The howling noise on certain pavements is common with many cars.

I would agree that Clarkson thinks he is a comedian.. but he should concentrate himself on his strengths.
I think he is. Others just take it too seriously. He actually finds something to trash on just about everything. He's been ruthless on most German cars lately.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Toxic Z
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I think he is. Others just take it too seriously. He actually finds something to trash on just about everything. He's been ruthless on most German cars lately.
I guess that is why he is still on the air.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:26 PM
scootguy58
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Trash talk

OK guys. Let me just say that I love our 07Z. It now is 11months old and has more that 14k on the clock.
We recently returned from a 22 day tour around the good old USA (7200+ miles), so I think that I can speak to the issue of noise, vibration and harshness.
I will not comment on the perceived SIZE of the American public, as that is a separate issue that should be taken up in earnest by the Surgeon General....

The stereo does not suit the vehicle. For the first time in my 43 years behind the wheel, I bumped up the wattage by 500 and did some speaker changes. No, it's not a boom box on wheels, but it better suits the ears when out on the open road.

On many interstate roads, it is difficult to carry on a conversation. Add in the expansion joints and you just grin and bear it until you return to some new tarmac, which seems to be the new road surface of choice in many states west of the Mississippi.

As far as comfort, we spent some long days behind the wheel with just some minor adjustments to the seat position. It was not until day 17 or 18 that I made a MAJOR adjustment, which was to tilt the back of the seat forward two notches to redistribute the weight off my lower back. One can't complain about that!

On fuel economy, our fuel economy meter said 25 mpg at the end of the trip. That included plenty of sight seeing at the national parks (for those who have been to Yellowstone, you know the drill), Black hills, the usual mid-summer interstate trafic tie-ups due to constrution. Pretty good mileage, I'd say. Of course, upon return to Long Island, we are back down to the usual 16.5, which is about what the Pathfinder gets with the V6.

That guy can say what he wants, but you just can't get any better bang for the buck. Just put your foot in it once and you will know!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Yep, we know that, but I don't think Clarkson spent as much time with the car as we have.

Again, Clarkson is doing a show intended as entertainment............don't take things so seriously and look at what he does to everything else. Most people don't care when he flames a Porsche. His Z06 review was actually REALLY GOOD!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

He was in another video saying how great the Z06 was I thought!!!!????

Ron
Old 08-28-2007, 08:17 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray23
Screw those british bastards!
You must be a redneck if. Your comment is like saying all Americans are scum like OJ Simpson and Michael Vick. Nothing like generalizations huh? Have a nice day.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Toxic Z
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Yep, we know that, but I don't think Clarkson spent as much time with the car as we have.

Again, Clarkson is doing a show intended as entertainment............don't take things so seriously and look at what he does to everything else. Most people don't care when he flames a Porsche. His Z06 review was actually REALLY GOOD!

He slammed America and Slammed America's sports car.. Comedy?

I guess to his countrymen..
Old 08-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Verrückt
Burning Brakes

So you're implying he HATES FREEDOM?

Old 08-28-2007, 10:41 AM
SAN_man
Drifting

Lighten up.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

I don't see it that way, Phil. If you call that "slamming," some of his funniest bits are about the British. Relax, take some deep breaths.......ahm.........ahm........... ahm.................
Old 08-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Futfixr
Burning Brakes

Clarkson sounds like he knows alot about living with herpes.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:56 PM
jfreez
Pro

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by vegasdude
Spoken like a true Democrat...........
LOL, just because I live on the left coast dosent mean my opinions swing that way.
Only problem is that in CA im an indangered species.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM
jswatek
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 110 Posts

I enjoyed the review. No car is perfect. I don't think mine is. I might be even more harsh than he was. The only thing he was dead wrong on is the gas mileage. The rest was pretty much right on IMHO.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Toxic Z
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I don't see it that way, Phil. If you call that "slamming," some of his funniest bits are about the British. Relax, take some deep breaths.......ahm.........ahm........... ahm.................
We agree to disagree. ahm... ahm...

Old 08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
2KZ28CAM
Drifting

Originally Posted by car95
There's a lot of sensitive people round here!

Clarkson is entertainment
..<......> He does like to goad people, and that includes the entire USofA. 'Cos he gets a reaction, right? But it's only TV.

The anti-British comments on this thread are pretty un-necessary.
Like 'im or hate 'im, JC is entertaining to watch -- even if you don't understand some of the cultural references.

All's I can say is, I am very glad that Top Gear and Fifth Gear were ever produced. They are finally beginning to run some Top Gear reruns on BBC-America. Hopefully the ratings will warrant further broadcasts (and on-demand options) here on this side of the pond.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:41 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I enjoy Top Gear and Clarkson can be hilarious.

Get notified of new replies

To What Jeremy Clarkson thinks of America and the Z06

Old 08-29-2007, 01:51 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KZ28CAM
Like 'im or hate 'im, JC is entertaining to watch -- even if you don't understand some of the cultural references.

All's I can say is, I am very glad that Top Gear and Fifth Gear were ever produced. They are finally beginning to run some Top Gear reruns on BBC-America. Hopefully the ratings will warrant further broadcasts (and on-demand options) here on this side of the pond.

I find Top Gear quite entertaining, and a great way to see a very large variety of cars in different situations. He's obviously WAY off base on the gas mileage, however on the rest of it... Not as much.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Toxic Z
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Tiff is a driver

Originally Posted by 2KZ28CAM

I agree with Fifth gear

Tiff Needell is a driver.. Clarkson is a comedian who acts like he is a driver.

Check this out:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/w...5FF26054D1.htm
Old 08-29-2007, 09:40 AM
docb
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

They hate us for our horsepower.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] What Jeremy Clarkson thinks of America and the Z06