Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is Here! The First RPM adjustable Exhaust Controller!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:05 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is Here! The First RPM adjustable Exhaust Controller!

The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is HERE, Click Here to go to the WEBSITE!!

So you want more than just a Basic On / Off switch for your Bi-Mode Exhaust?

The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is the First RPM adjustable Bi-Mode exhaust controller for the Corvette C6 and C6 Z06.

With the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander kit, you take full Command of your Bi-Mode exhaust system by choosing what RPM the butterfly valves open at, as well as the ability to choose a Full Open mode.

You select between Full Open mode and RPM Opening mode via the supplied wireless remotes.

You select the RPM at which the muffler butterflies open by setting the dip switches on the RPM Command unit.

YOU take Full Command of Your Bi-Mode Exhaust!

Do you want the muffler butterfly valves to open at 1800 RPM so that the mufflers remain open the longest time possible, while eliminating the "Drone Zone" Rpms? NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is for YOU!

Do you want the butterfly valves to open just a little sooner? Set the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander to open at 2600 RPM's. You decide when you want the butterfly valves to open, not GM's engineers!

With the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander, You select the RPM at which the butterfly valves open. The RPM choices at which the valves open are: 1800, 2000, 2200, 2400, 2600, 2800, 3000, and 3200 RPM on the standard unit. (Custom Rpm settings are available)

You also can choose the Full Open mode for those times where you want it Loud all the time! And can switch back on forth between the two modes instantly with the wireless remote.

The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander will NOT drain your battery when the car is Off.
NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander starts in the Quiet rpm mode, so you dont have to push the button everytime to close the valves on startup!

This Product works on any 08 NPP Bi-Mode Exhaust system or Z06 Bi-Mode Exhaust system.

It also gives full control to C6 cars that have retrofitted the NPP / Z06 Mufflers and want a RPM opening mode!

It allows users who have retrofitted Z06 or NPP mufflers to a C6 to have a user selectable RPM opening mode, as well as the Full Open mode. Thus making the retrofitted system work similarly to a Factory system, only Better as the user Commands the valves to open at the user selected RPM. The retrofittted systems do need to have the vacuum control solenoid in place for the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander to have the ability to control the Butterfly Valves.

NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander uses the Tachometer signal and a RPM control unit to tell the Butterfly Valves to open.

The system is 95% plug and Play. Full, Detailed Installation instructions with pictures included.

Finding the Tachomoter signal wire is the only part of the install that is not a direct plug and play. With full detailed instructions on how to find the Tachometer signal wire that is just above the fuse panel in the passenger footwell area, and a supplied bed of nails test clip, the process of finding and testing the tachometer signal wire is easily accomplished by anyone. You can also tap the tachometer signal wire directly behind the tachometer gauge itself if you choose.

Why let Gm's engineers control your exhaust?

Order yourself a NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander and take Full Command of your Exhaust Today !

All my products now carry a lifetime warranty. [/B]

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 09-20-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm the first to own one! Yea! Thanks Ben for offering such a great product. Now I have full control over my butterflies.

I installed mine in about 20 minutes. And that's working fairly slow. Actually I think it could be installed in 5 minutes if you have the instructions down before starting. And the instructions are really good with pics.

I've tried three setting so far and it works just like Ben say it does. First time to open all the time. Then I connected the necessary wire, started the engine, punched the remote and presto, opened right at 1800 rpm as I brought the revs up. That's the way it came set. Flipped two switches as indicated in the instructions and it open right on 2800 rpm. I'll be playing with it and decide which setting I like best for myself for street. 3500 is just not going to get it! At the track I'll let the remote keep it open from zero rpm.

Thanks again Ben for such a great product!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,092 Likes on 576 Posts

Just curious.... What's the longevity of the actual OEM bi-modal actuator assembly with so many valve openings and closings during (potentially) every time you accelerate? Has anyone considered that??
Old 09-10-2007, 09:27 AM
GrillnZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Undy
Just curious.... What's the longevity of the actual OEM bi-modal actuator assembly with so many valve openings and closings during (potentially) every time you accelerate? Has anyone considered that??
I couldn't sleep last night thinking about that.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:25 AM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can it be set to an "always closed" mode?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:54 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

"Always Closed" mode is posible but is a bit more involved on a stock z06 or npp car, easier on a retrofittted car.

Because the gm computer opens the valves at 3000-3500 rpms for a z06 or 2800-3500 rpms on a npp car, you need to bypass the gm computer by running a wire from the fuse panel area to the vacuum solenoid behind the rear facia.

For a retrofitted car like mine is does work that way, because I had to run a wire to power the vacuum solenoid from the fuse panel area.

To get full closed mode, you take away the RPM signal from Exhaust Commander and now you have full open and full closed modes. Then to go back to rpm mode you plug in the rpm signal again and you are back to rpm open mode and full open mode.

Running the wire to the vacuum solenoid wasnt too hard, and only took about 15 minutes. If you buy a spare connector from gm for the vacuum solenoid you could leave the stock vacuum solenoid connector in place but disconnected,and then put it back to stock if you ever wanted too.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 09-11-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 PM
1stZ
Drifting

Default Tachometer wire signal, where & how to connect to it?

Would you mind sharing with me as to how do I find the tachometer wire signal and how to go about connecting into it? If you would be so kind to share the instruction, it would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Patrick
Old 09-10-2007, 03:32 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by 1stZ
Would you mind sharing with me as to how do I find the tachometer wire signal and how to go about connecting into it? If you would be so kind to share the instruction, it would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

The tach wire is located in the bundle of wires above the passneger fuse block that comes through the firewall and continues to the driver side. It is a solid white wire.

There are 4 white wires in this area. Two of them go to the fuse block, these are NOT the tach wire. Which leaves you 2 to choose from in the big bundle.

You will need to tap the white wire and test for rpm signal, if you get no rpm signal try the other white wire and you should have it.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 09-10-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:14 PM
1stZ
Drifting

Thanks a bunch Ben!

Originally Posted by SunsetOrangeDream
Hi Patrick,

The tach wire is located in the bundle of wires above the passneger fuse block that comes through the firewall and continues to the driver side. It is a solid white wire.

There are 4 white wires in this area. Two of them go to the fuse block, these are NOT the tach wire. Which leaves you 2 to choose from in the big bundle.

You will need to tap the white wire and test for rpm signal, if you get no rpm signal try the other white wire and you should have it.

Let m eknow if you need any more info.

Ben
Old 09-11-2007, 12:31 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by 1stZ
Thanks a bunch Ben!
No Prob!

Old 09-12-2007, 03:44 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks for all the inqueries, questions and suggestions! Keep them coming!

If you need any additional info, feel free to pm me, post in this thread or contact me on my website with any questions.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

For Those looking for a solution to the drone when wide open. Take a look at the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander!

It gives you the ability to go full open when you want to and also set the rpm at which the butterflies open just past the " Drone Zone " Rpm's. You get the best of both worlds, full open when you want it, and opening the soonest possible while eliminating the drone zone!

Pm, post or email me if you have any questions.

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 09-13-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm sure enjoying your Commander Ben. Thanks again for a super product and excellent support even after the sale.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:19 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by 8850
I'm sure enjoying your Commander Ben. Thanks again for a super product and excellent support even after the sale.
Glad your enjoying it!

Ben
Old 09-16-2007, 07:07 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

TTT

Still have both styles of kits on sale and available!

Get notified of new replies

To The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is Here! The First RPM adjustable Exhaust Controller!

Quick Reply: [Z06] The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is Here! The First RPM adjustable Exhaust Controller!