Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Gigliotti and LG Motorsports join ALMS Series in GT2 Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:44 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default Gigliotti and LG Motorsports join ALMS Series in GT2 Corvettes

Gigliotti and LG Motorsports join ALMS Series in GT2 Corvettes
Posted on 10.5.2007 in Team News • ALMS

Photo by John Thawley Braselton Georgia (October 5, 2007):

Lou Gigliotti, 3 time World Challenge Champion, and LGM Motorsports of Dallas Texas announced that they will be fielding a two car team of Chevrolet Corvette C6s in the GT2 Classification in the American Le Mans Series beginning in 2008.

“This is an exciting time for our team as we are anxious to step up and compete with the best road racing has to offer in the American LeMans Series,” said Lou Gigliotti. “We realize that it will take a great effort to compete against the great teams that run Ferraris, Porsches and Panoz cars in GT2 but I feel that we are up to the challenge.”

The Corvettes are being built by Riley Technologies and will be powered by CRD built Chevrolet engines. The cars are in the process of gaining ACO homologation in GT2.

“Riley Technologies has been involved in successful efforts in many types of cars and Riley cars are the current champions in the Daytona Prototype class,” Gigliotti said. “We feel honored to be associated with Riley Technologies as we move forward into the ALMS GT2 series.”

The engine program will be handled by CRD engines in Concord, NC which is also the engine supplier for the current Daytona Prototype champions. CRD built the engines for Gigliotti’s Trans Am Series race wins as well as many other racing successes that Gigliotti and LG Motorsports has enjoyed.

At this juncture Lou Gigliotti and Doug Peterson, of 3 Dimensional Services (a Michigan based Rapid Prototyping Firm using 3 dimensional design technology) have been named as drivers. Negotiations are underway to fill the other available seats and the driver line up should be announced soon. The effort will include 4 regular drivers and two more world class drivers for the longer races.

“I believe that GM and Chevrolet have developed an interest in seeing the Corvette compete in the very tough GT2 competition and I believe that our team can make Corvette a competitive package!”

From Gigliotti’s point of view, “Corvettes are our business and our passion. We have been racing Corvettes since the 1988 Corvette Challenge series with only a couple of years out of Chevrolet race cars. So we plan on continuing the tradition of Corvette racing and we hope to carry the banner with pride.”

LG Motorsports is one of America’s leading Corvette performance tuners and aftermarket parts suppliers, shipping world wide. Go to www.LGMotorsports.com for more information about their parts or racing. And go to www.lgmracing.com to download in car video footage of many LG Motorsports races.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

As always, we try to break new ground, and we accept challenges and risks on our own which will surely benefit the Corvette community that we are a part of.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...0001/1024/FREE

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 10-07-2007, 12:40 PM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

This is GREAT news, Lou. While I've enjoyed the Speed GT series, their constant attempts at "equalizing" the field were ridiculous.

I can't wait to see you take on the Porsches, Ferraris, et al in this field.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Awesome, about time a Corvette ends up in GT2. Good luck!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:06 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

That is great news.... Congrats and I wish you guys all the luck. It will be fun seeing you guys lay it down especially at the Grand Prix of Houston

Carlos
Old 10-07-2007, 02:30 PM
slomarsh
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great News!
We all wish you the best of luck and we'll be following the races next year.
GT2 is where Corvette belongs - that is where it's real world market competition runs. Race on Sunday-sell on Monday.

Congrats on your decision Lou.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
TeddyFreddy
Drifting

This is great news. ALMS will be definitely more interesting next year!
Good luck LG!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:44 PM
1stZ
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Getting any support w/GM racing program?

I'm curious to know if GM is giving you guys some support? I understand that you'll using some of the R&D from the C6R team (GT1 Class) but just curious if you'll (LG & Riley Tech.) be doing most/all of the build. I'm happy to see corvette in the GT2 class nonetheless. I wish you guys the best! IMHO, the GT2 class is the most competetive in the ALMS series.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Bronzevette85
Racer

So does it mean that corvette is not in the GT1 class anymore?
Old 10-07-2007, 05:06 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bronzevette85
So does it mean that corvette is not in the GT1 class anymore?

If they have no confirmed competition this year it is over for the C6R except for LeMans.

should be awesome for LGM this coming year. Hopefully your at LeMans also.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:06 PM
micro
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dicecal
Awesome, about time a Corvette ends up in GT2. Good luck!
A team from Denmark has raced a Z06 in the Le Mans Series this year.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:43 PM
4pipes
Racer

Congratulations Lou, I can't wait to watch the series with you in it. Could you briefly outline the differences in rules between GT1 and GT2 and how they affect the two different Corvettes? I know the GT1 Corvette is a purpose built race car that only looks like a Corvette and want to know how radical a GT2 Corvette is compared to a production car.

Thanks, Dave.

Last edited by 4pipes; 10-07-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Bills Z06
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by 4pipes
Congratulations Lou, I can't wait to watch the series with you in it. Could you briefly outline the differences in rules between GT1 and GT2 and how they affect the two different Corvettes? I know the GT1 Corvette is a purpose built race car that only looks like a Corvette and want to know how a radical a GT2 Corvette is compared to a production car.

Thanks, Dave.
Great question.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Z O SICK
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats Lou!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:23 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is wonderful news.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:28 PM
AZ FASTEST
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

This is very cool! I will be eager to see how the GT2 Corvette competes with the Risi Competitzione Ferraris. There are numerous excellent drivers in GT2!

Best of luck - see you on the podium!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Operations
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 132 Posts

Awesome!!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Kingpin
Instructor

Outstanding, Lou.

I'm assuming Speed will continue to broadcast several of the ALMS races, so this is also great news.....

SPEED goes High-Def in 2008: SPEED will make its move to High Definition in 2008, beginning Feb. 7 with 100 hours of NASCAR on SPEED HD from Daytona Speedweeks. Topping the 70-million U.S. household mark and coming off four consecutive years of ratings growth in 2007, the move to High Definition is the next step in the evolution of a network that has added more than 30 million homes since being fully acquired by Fox Cable Networks in 2001. (SPEED PR)(10-6-2007)

Get notified of new replies

To Gigliotti and LG Motorsports join ALMS Series in GT2 Corvettes

Old 10-08-2007, 03:18 PM
dark_phantom
Le Mans Master

Location: Central Florida. Black Sheep Squadron Member. 465 rwhp & 477 rwtq
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Congrats and good luck.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:01 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Thanks guys,

This is truly a giant step and with GM and Riley behind us plus the quality drivers that we have coming in to fill the spots, we should have a great chance at success.

The Riley organization combined with our Corvette knowledge and the tech help from GM should be a powerful and effective combination.

Thanks for the props. We won't let you down.

We will be having some special deals for those who support our Corvette LeMans effort by being our customers.

We will keep you posted.

Lou Gigliotti #28 GT2 Corvette C6.R
Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Lou, sorry about the wreck. The guy pulled right in front of you and you had no place to go but hit him.

It was good to see you again. If I was not so old and broken I would definately consider buying your car. I looked it over good and as a ex-racer it is truly first class and with the right driver has a lot of wins in it.

It was neat to meet you son. I remember him as just a little kid in the Midwest region. You should be very proud of him.

Thanks for bringing your race car to the Corvette Coral. You made a pile of friends with that move. Tom Wallace complemented you Sunday about bringing it to the Coral and said they were very glad you were going into GT-2. I hope you are getting some support from GM. You sure deserve it.

Best of luck!

Jim Painter

Quick Reply: [Z06] Gigliotti and LG Motorsports join ALMS Series in GT2 Corvettes