Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] More information on the C6RS dynamic Height Control Suspension System

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Default More information on the C6RS dynamic Height Control Suspension System

I thought you guys might like this. This is the press release from ArvinMeritor, supplier of the Dynamic Height Control Suspension System used on the C6RS.

ArvinMeritor Supplies Dynamic Height Control System for the C6RS Chevrolet Corvette Concept Car at the SEMA Show
PR Newswire
October 30, 2007: 11:00 AM EST

TROY, Mich., Oct. 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- ArvinMeritor, Inc. announced today that it is the supplier of the Dynamic Height Control (DHC) suspension system used on the Pratt & Miller C6RS Chevrolet Corvette concept car on display at the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) Show in Las Vegas.

"Ride and handling are key elements of a successful vehicle design," said Ed Frutig, vice president and general manager of Light Vehicle System (LVS) Chassis Systems for ArvinMeritor. "SEMA provides a glimpse of the future chassis technologies you may see on tomorrow's production vehicles as it relates to styling, performance, and even fuel economy. The Dynamic Height Control system is one example of the new products ArvinMeritor is now bringing to market that will significantly enhance a vehicle's ride, stability, safety and performance capabilities."

The DHC system incorporates an electronically controlled air shock system and features light-weight, aluminum monotube air shocks and a state-of-the-art controller with proprietary software. The controller and software feature the most advanced control strategies which interface with the car's ECU to automatically provide optimum ride height under all driving conditions.

The ArvinMeritor control logic in the DHC system automatically lowers and rakes the vehicle at higher speed for increased stability and improved aerodynamics, increasing vehicle performance. For aesthetic purposes, the system can also be driver-controlled at lower speeds, allowing the driver to "slam" the vehicle (lower to the ground) for low-speed cruising or parking. It also provides the ability to raise the vehicle for improved ground clearance to reduce the chance of dragging the car's ground effects when negotiating steep inclines in driveways and parking situations. When the vehicle is not running, it can still be raised and lowered with a control mounted in the key fob.

The DHC system is part of ArvinMeritor's light vehicle smart systems(TM) portfolio, which also includes two- and four-corner standard air-suspension systems, an innovative active air-suspension system, adaptive damping and active roll-control systems. Focused on vehicle stability, ArvinMeritor's chassis systems solutions are scalable in performance, yet modular in design. The company's unique, modular products can be applied independently or in combination to provide an integrated chassis for active vehicle dynamic control. This gives the OEM greater value through flexibility in design, manufacturing and opportunities for incremental layers of performance on a single platform.

The Corvette C6RS was designed, developed and constructed by championship winning Pratt & Miller Engineering. Inspired by the company's Le Mans-winning Corvette C6.R race cars, the new Pratt & Miller Corvette C6RS supercar combines advanced racing technology with everyday drivability. It produces 600 horsepower and employs a carbon-fiber body, custom interior and sound system, and upgraded tires, wheels, brakes and suspension system.

Also at the SEMA Show, ArvinMeritor will highlight its RydeFX(TM) brand of high-performance shock absorbers in booth 32403. RydeFX is one of the leading high-performance OEM and aftermarket brands of shock absorbers in the snowmobile and ATV market. ArvinMeritor will bring this product line to the light-truck and SUV off-road market.

About Pratt & Miller Engineering

Founded in 1989 by Gary Pratt and Jim Miller, Pratt & Miller Engineering & Fabrication provides automotive and non-automotive clients with leading-edge engineering and low-volume manufacturing solutions. For more information, visit the Pratt & Miller website at www.prattmiller.com.

About Light Vehicle Systems

ArvinMeritor's LVS business group is a market leader in the product categories it serves, supplying integrated systems and modules to the world's leading passenger car and light truck OEMs. With advanced technology and systems design expertise in body, chassis and wheels, LVS combines high- quality components into cost-effective, performance-based solutions for virtually every car and light truck on the road today.

About ArvinMeritor

ArvinMeritor, Inc. is a premier global supplier of a broad range of integrated systems, modules and components to the motor vehicle industry. The company serves light vehicle, commercial truck, trailer and specialty original equipment manufacturers and certain aftermarkets. Headquartered in Troy, Mich., ArvinMeritor employs approximately 19,000 people in 25 countries. ArvinMeritor common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ARM. For more information, visit the company's Web site at: http://www.arvinmeritor.com/.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 11-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I *really* want this for my Z! I live a couple miles down a gravel road that can get pretty torn up - especially in the Winter. Being able to raise the suspension to get down my road and then lower it again when I hit tarmac is something I'd love to have.

Any chance ArvinMeritor could use some real world stress testing? I have just the commute and am the perfect driver to abuse stuff
Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 PM
RossN
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put that on the C6 Z06 as a Option and I will pay extra for it.

Hope you listening GM......?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:58 PM
KeithKman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds similar to the Porsche 959 system back in 1989.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

WOW, Jason. Sounds complicated. What happens if something goes wrong? I would sure be concerned getting one of the first ones.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:18 PM
clevay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree PAINRACE, although the gadget sounds

I'd also like to know how much weight this Dynamic Height Control System adds to our run-of-the-mill C6Z

Last edited by clevay; 11-08-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To More information on the C6RS dynamic Height Control Suspension System

Quick Reply: [Z06] More information on the C6RS dynamic Height Control Suspension System