Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Charlotte, NC - Beastly Red ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:35 PM
FASST LN
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Charlotte, NC - Beastly Red ZO6

I was at City Chevrolet to pickup some limited-slip additive and there was a gorgeous red C6ZO6 inside the garage waiting area. The raised center portion of the hood was painted black with 427 emblems on either side. Very nice looking.

While buying the additive, I heard what sounded like a burst of thunder from behind the cinder block wall of the parts shop. I quickly signed my receipt thinking they hard just started up the 60's Corvette that was also sitting out there. I figured it had to be the older vette to get away with that much sound and still have an inspection sticker on it. To my surprise, it was the ZO6. Man that thing sounded so freaking tough!

It had a nice deep sound with some good lope to it, but I was most surprised at how freaking loud the car was. It definately had the cats on given the quality of the sound but I don't know what all was done to it. (I couldn't find the owner) Curious if anyone here might know whose car that was and what they had done. It was a freaking BEAST!!! Kudos!!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:46 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Old 01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
jrubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in charlotte too, is this thing still there or its someones actual car. We need to get a Z ride group together in charlotte!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Painrace has a red Katech Z but lives in S.C.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Frenchican
Painrace has a red Katech Z but lives in S.C.
It was not mine. But mine is 139 db at WOT! It is not quite that loud at idle!

My wife and I went to Lowe's today and when we came out five guys were around the car with all kinds of car jackets. They were loaded with questions and I answered what I could. Everyone wants to see and hear a Katech car!

Last edited by Painrace; 01-26-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Painrace
It was not mine. But mine is 139 db at WOT! It is not quite that loud at idle!

My wife and I went to Lowe's today and when we came out five guys were around the car with all kinds of car jackets. They were loaded with questions and I answered what I could. Everyone wants to see and hear a Katech car!

Katech made me a rock star too!
Old 01-27-2008, 10:44 PM
FASST LN
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Heard some information about that ZO6!

Surprising thing happened.

I attended a baby shower Saturday night and one of the guys there works at City Chevrolet. He was familiar with the car and apparently Rick Hendrick Motorsports owns it. He said every few years RHMS comes down and buys a few Corvettes and then takes them back to their shop and soups them up. This was apparently one of their creations. He didn't seem to know the specifics of the modifications though.

Pretty sweet car. Sure wish I could have gotten a ride in that thing...or any ZO6 actually!!

Get notified of new replies

To Charlotte, NC - Beastly Red ZO6

Quick Reply: [Z06] Charlotte, NC - Beastly Red ZO6