Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Car still at the dealer for over a week

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:49 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'08-'09-'10

Default Car still at the dealer for over a week

*Cliff Notes*

20 May 08: Took my 2006 Z in to have the CD player replaced and check engine light issue resolved
20 May 08: Dealer damages my car (scraped the paint on the nose when overhead door was lowered). Turns out the door sensors were not installed properly.
21 May 08: Dealer calls and tells me about the damage
21 May 08: Check out the damage. Nose will need to be repainted and chin spoiler replaced. Dealer promises to make good.
22 May 08: New CD player arrives damaged. Have to order another one.
22 May 08: Check engine light is right bank running rich. Dealer replaces MAF. Doesn't solve problem. Dealer calls GM. GM says it could be the oil I use. I tell them I run Mobile 1 5W-30. They decide to replace oil. No luck.
22 May 08: Friend is in a car accident. Car no longer a priority. Tell dealer to get it fixed and let me know. I could truly care less about the car at this point.
28 May 08: Friend is back home and getting better. Dealer calls me. GM says it may be the intake gasket. The check engine light is no longer coming on, but fuel trim numbers are still not where they should be. The tech working on the car doesn't want to let it go until it's perfect. New parts on order, car torn apart. Still waiting to get into the body shop to fix nose damage. Parts won't be in until Friday. Lucky to have the car back next week.

The good news is the dealer is working very hard to make things right. All things considered I really can't be to upset. They even replaced a fuel rail cover under warranty that I cracked replacing spark plugs. (Yes, I told them I cracked it). Funny, Wednesday I was very mad about the car, after my friend's wreck my entire perspective has changed. There are much more important things in life than a car. Decided to let the dealer do their job and not worry about it.

I just want to drive my car.

*UPDATE (9 Jun 08)* Car is still at the dealer. They are flying in a GM engineer to look at my car. Oh great.

*UPDATE (12 Jun 08)* GM Tech has solved the problem. Oil in the intake. How that happened I haven't got a clue. Took the car in running rich on 4 cylinders, dealer changes the oil, starts running rich on 8. I'm guessing they over filled it. That's the good news. Bad news...dealer hit my car with another car. Fascia, fender and wheel. I'm going in tomorrow to look at it and talk to the dealership owner.

Last edited by NavyC5; 06-12-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:53 PM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I feel for you!! But the worst part of owning a Corvette is Chevy's service depatment!!! Best of luck!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:48 PM
LT5corsa
1994 Admiral Blue ZZZZZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Northeast Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

NavyC5...

That dealership must LOVE you and I hope will really take care of you for being so considerate.

I must admit I would be a little different, but with what happened in your life I understand your feelings.

You must be a class Vette Owner!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:58 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by LT5corsa
NavyC5...

That dealership must LOVE you and I hope will really take care of you for being so considerate.

I must admit I would be a little different, but with what happened in your life I understand your feelings.

You must be a class Vette Owner!
6 days ago might have been a different story. But with everything that has happened it kind of put things in perspective. Bottom line, it's a car. Yes it's my vette but there are so many things in life that are more important. The dealer is doing the best they can and are working very hard to correct all the issues. Can't ask for any more.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 PM
GottaBeAC3
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor

Originally Posted by NavyC5
6 days ago might have been a different story. But with everything that has happened it kind of put things in perspective. Bottom line, it's a car. Yes it's my vette but there are so many things in life that are more important. The dealer is doing the best they can and are working very hard to correct all the issues. Can't ask for any more.
Yep...it only takes a couple of life threatening things in your life to realize a car is a car and it's not the most important thing in your life
Old 05-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Way2Slow
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

22 May 08: Check engine light is right bank running rich. Dealer calls GM. GM says it could be the oil I use.
Man I know for sure Ill never take my Z in for work now. Even an intake gasket wont cause a car to run rich. I wish you the best of luck with your car and I hope your friend is alright.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:45 PM
marcosis1972
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand your position... My Z is in for some dealer caused damage after a new motor install at 3000 miles. They basically blamed me for the engine damage. Long story short.... frustrating, but definately just a car. Life has a funny way of showing us what is really important, one way or the other.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:21 AM
patton
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

good attitude pardner. i think the car will be fine when they are done and a get well to your wingman
Old 05-30-2008, 07:31 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by patton
good attitude pardner. i think the car will be fine when they are done and a get well to your wingman
I will pass that along.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:16 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran

Well, today makes 2 weeks the car has been at the dealer with no luck. So far they have:

-Replaced the MAF
-Changed the oil (not sure why they did that)
-Replaced intake manifold gasket

Still no luck. They are going to try to re-flash the computer back to factory settings and putting fresh gas in it. I told them the problem has been around for multiple tanks of gas from multiple stations. Oh well, have to wait and see.

They still haven't fixed the damage they caused but that should be a day or two tops.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:57 PM
jfreez
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Well, today makes 2 weeks the car has been at the dealer with no luck. So far they have:

-Replaced the MAF
-Changed the oil (not sure why they did that)
-Replaced intake manifold gasket

Still no luck. They are going to try to re-flash the computer back to factory settings and putting fresh gas in it. I told them the problem has been around for multiple tanks of gas from multiple stations. Oh well, have to wait and see.

They still haven't fixed the damage they caused but that should be a day or two tops.
I know it sucks to have your car gone that long, but it is good to hear you have a dealer that is looking to make things right. Most I have delt with are just looking to get car out of the shop.
The paint dammage is the biggest problem, it is just so hard to get paint to stick, reflect light, and ware like the factory paint. Its not that the factory paint is that great, its just having two diffret applications on the car is almost alway a problem years later.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:08 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by jfreez
I know it sucks to have your car gone that long, but it is good to hear you have a dealer that is looking to make things right. Most I have delt with are just looking to get car out of the shop.
The paint dammage is the biggest problem, it is just so hard to get paint to stick, reflect light, and ware like the factory paint. Its not that the factory paint is that great, its just having two diffret applications on the car is almost alway a problem years later.
I plan on getting something in writing about the paint repair. That shouldn't be a problem. If the dealer can't fix the problem they I guess I'm looking at a buy-back.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:57 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran

*update*
Old 06-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13