Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Experience with Pfadt or LG bushing kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:03 PM
patABQ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Pfadt or LG bushing kit?

Does anyone have experience with the Pfadt bushing kit or the LG bushing kit?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Similar question just posted
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2064825

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 06-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I just had the Pfadt Polybushing Kit installed in my C5 - quality kit but took a lot of time and effort for the tech to install - approx. 11 hours.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:36 PM
patABQ
Instructor

Let me be a little more direct. I am not reffering to installation and I am not interested in sales pitches.

Has anyone had problems with Pfadt bushings? Have you tracked the car and had any long term issues?

The same question for LG bushings.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:41 PM
1stZ
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patABQ
Let me be a little more direct. I am not reffering to installation and I am not interested in sales pitches.

Has anyone had problems with Pfadt bushings? Have you tracked the car and had any long term issues?

I've had pfadt poly bushing kit for about a year now. No issues whatsoever. A bit more stiff--but no issues. Love it!
Old 06-29-2008, 02:01 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Recently I drove a 2008 C6 at Spring Mountain with Pfadt coilovers and swaybars and IMHO it was the best handling car there that I drove, including 2008 C6Z. The bushings were noisy at times, but when at speed I never notice these things...only the precise & stable handling characteristics.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor

Originally Posted by patABQ

Pat,

If there is any limitation to the kit it is the weak upper front control arms. Under brake torque, the front 'leg' of the upper control arm deflects enough that the bushings can't hold things in place. There are lots of photos out there of stock bushings that get destroyed under this loading.

Any poly bushings are susceptible to this as well. We've never seen this on any of our cars, but anything is possible. If you are tearing up poly bushings, the right answer is to go to a kit like our spherical kit. No more problems.

Here is a photo of a stock C6Z bushing after a track day at Reno Fernley

Old 06-30-2008, 06:26 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

If you have an issue with a vendor please comply to the sites guidelines.

Unresolved disputes

The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Z06KahunaCanuck
Instructor

I have the Pfadt bushings installed with their phaffdy sway bars and stock shocks/springs. I drove the car to Portland and back and tracked it while there. The car has better steering feel, has much less body way and felt fantastic. I never even felt like I was pushing that hard, it was a huge step up from stock. I have no additional noise either...
Old 07-02-2008, 07:46 PM
patABQ
Instructor

I do not any poly bushings yet and never said I had an issue with them. "Steve" had the issue and responded. That is what these forums are for. If not, they are worthless!!!!

I know enough not to listen to one bad report. But how many others have been quashed and are now gone?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:57 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt
Pat,

If there is any limitation to the kit it is the weak upper front control arms. Under brake torque, the front 'leg' of the upper control arm deflects enough that the bushings can't hold things in place. There are lots of photos out there of stock bushings that get destroyed under this loading.

Any poly bushings are susceptible to this as well. We've never seen this on any of our cars, but anything is possible. If you are tearing up poly bushings, the right answer is to go to a kit like our spherical kit. No more problems.

Here is a photo of a stock C6Z bushing after a track day at Reno Fernley

My stock bushings aren't that bad yet but looks like I will be calling you soon.
I guess an alignment will be required after the install?

Get notified of new replies

To Experience with Pfadt or LG bushing kit?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Experience with Pfadt or LG bushing kit?