Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Ragin' Racin' Tuning with EFI Live!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Ragin' Racin' Tuning with EFI Live!!

As a tuner I see lots of different tuning software and I just wanted to chime in on EFI Live for a second. I have been using this software for a long time now. It is definately one of the best programs out there and IMHO is easy to use.

We will be offering this software through my site for $749.00 When you buy the software from Ragin Racin you will recieve our Lifetime Tunes with the purchase free of charge. For those of you that already have EFI Live our E-mail tunes are $150.00 for lifetime tunes.

That means as you make upgrades then I will make upgrades for you as well at no charge. I will also help you if you want to make minor changes on your own with your purchase.

Also anyone that purchases the EFI live program with CAI, Headers, or any of our Power packages will recieve free shipping with your purchase.

Here is list of everything that Ragin Racin Offers and a list of whatEFI Live offers.

Basic Tuning Includes:
• Setting desired idle speed
• Setting desired shift points
• Setting rev limiter
• Speedometer recalibration for different gear ratios
• Speed limiter delete
• Setting desired fan temperature activation
• Torque management delete
• Skip shift delete
• Rear O2 delete (OFF-ROAD use only)
• AIR/EGR Delete (OFF-ROAD use only)
• Performance Spark Table
• Performance Fuel Curve

Custom Tuning includes all of the above in addition to custom programming to optimize drivability. The custom tune also has fuel and spark curves that are customized to the specific combination of parts and not just generic fuel and spark curves for a stock engine. Many aftermarket cylinder head and camshaft combinations require custom tuning in order to run properly.

EFILive's FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune package is all you need to start scanning, diagnosing and tuning your high performance GM gas or diesel engine and transmission.
The base package ships with two VIN licenses as standard which means you can tune two engines and two transmissions (up to four controllers) out of the box. If you need to tune more vehicles, simply purchase additional VIN Licenses for $99. Each VIN license allows you to tune one engine and one transmission.

EFILive is proud to announce the public release of FlashScan V2 and EFILive V7.3.3. FlashScan V2 delivers unrivalled features that set a new benchmark in the GM performance-tuning world. Features include:
  • Handheld and/or pass-through FlashScan V2 Interface.
  • Field Upgradeable Firmware.
  • FlashScan V1 to V2 License transfer option.
  • GM Gen-III and groundbreaking Gen-IV tuning support.
  • Additional support and features for existing platforms.
  • New licensing options support single VIN licensing and cost effective, unlimited stream licensing, on a single FlashScan V2 interface.
This second generation hardware from EFILive creates the platform to deliver the first multi functional, PC based and standalone data logger and ECM reprogramming system for GM high performance engines. FlashScan V2 combines EFILive’s powerful PC based scanning and tuning tools with the simplicity of a handheld programmer. It has been designed to support many late model, OBDII gas and diesel GM engines including LS2 and LBZ.
Hardware Features of FlashScan V2 include:
  • Infineon XC161 40MHz CPU
  • 512K on board RAM
  • Capacity for Secure Digital (SD) memory card up to 2Gb.
  • 16 key polycarbonate keypad
  • 5 status LED’s
  • High Speed USB 2.0
  • RS232 digital interface
  • 2 x 12V digital input switches
  • Communications protocols: OBDI/ALDL; OBDII/VPW, OBDII/CAN; GMLAN
  • Ergonomic shape for easy operation in one hand
Field Upgradeable Firmware
Field upgradeable firmware allows EFILive to develop and deliver outstanding features to users without the need to return your FlashScan V2 interface for upgrade or replace it to gain feature enhancements. This functionality makes futuristic features possible and extends the life of your hardware investment. Future firmware updates will provide users with features including:
  • Standalone black box logging to FlashScan V2 internal memory and SD memory card
  • Standalone reading and flashing of ECMs
  • Standalone scanning/logging of data to LCD screen
  • Storage of tunes to SD memory card
  • Audible alarms when PIDs go out of user defined ranges
  • High Speed USB 2.0
  • Power off button and/or timer based sleep mode
  • 4 x 5v analog inputs
  • LCD backlight brightness control
  • Data logging from external serial input. i.e. Supported Dyno software, WBO2
Gen IV Vehicle Support

FlashScan V2 delivers the much-anticipated communications protocol for Gen IV platform support. The first release of EFILive’s Gen-IV support delivers the most comprehensive list of tuning features ever offered for GM’s high performance engines.
Features Available On Day One Include:
  • 600+ engine calibrations
  • ECM recovery from failed programming event
  • Secure ECM locking
  • Software fixes and patches to fix the following Gen-IV issues:
  • MAF Fault
  • TCS Fault
  • VAT problems
6.0L V8 Engines
  • 05 Chevrolet Corvette
  • 05-06 Chevrolet SSR
  • 05-06 Pontiac GTO
  • 05-06 HSV range of vehicles
  • 06 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS
5.3L V8 Engines
  • 06 Chevrolet Impala SS/Monte Carlo
  • 05-06 Pontiac Grand Prix GPX
  • 05-06 Chevrolet Trailblazer05-06 Chevrolet Trailblazer
  • 05-06 GMC Envoy
  • 05-06 Buick Rainer
  • 05-06 Saab 9-7X
  • 05-06 Isuzu Ascender

Scheduled Enhancements (not included in the initial V2 release)
  • 2 Bar Custom Operating Systems for E40 applications are currently in Beta test. It is expected that this functionality will be released within weeks of the initial release.
  • Support for other Gen IV engines and transmissions, including LS7, E38, E67 and T43 are currently in development and will be available in future EFILive software releases. Other engines within the Gen IV family will be added over time.
  • LBZ Scanning and Tuning:
  • LBZ scanning support is scheduled as the first update to FlashScan V2.
  • LBZ Tuning will follow shortly after.
  • Standalone black box logging to SD memory card.
  • Standalone reading and flashing of ECM’s.
  • Standalone scanning/logging of data to LCD screen.
  • Storage of tunes to SD memory card.
  • Audible alarms when PIDs go out of user-defined ranges.
  • Power off button and/or timer based sleep mode.
  • Data input/output from/to the RS232 serial input. I.e. to support dyno controllers and WBO2 serial interfaces.
  • ALDL protocol support for scanning and logging OBD-I based GM vehicles.
These enhancements will be made available free to all FlashScan V2 customers as they are released by EFILive.

Thanks Guys. I know this was a long post, but its well worth it. Thank you for all your support of Ragin Racin.

http://shop.raginracin.com/product.s...3&productId=27

RAGIN RACIN
Randy Leger
337-278-8397
sales@raginracin.com
http://www.raginracin.com

Last edited by Randy@RaginRacin; 07-08-2008 at 02:00 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Ragin' Racin' Tuning with EFI Live!!