Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] '08 shifter vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 AM
jwmgr8
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
jwmgr8,

If your Corvette is brand new I would take it back to your Chevrolet Dealership to have this issue diagnosed. Please let me know what you decided to do?

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service
I have taken to Parkway Chevy in Tomball. A dealer tech and I test drove car. Tech response to vibration was - Thats odd, I don't think it should do that. The dealer service manager has been waiting for well over a week for response from GM engineering? At this point I do not know if they have heard anything?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by jwmgr8
I have taken to Parkway Chevy in Tomball. A dealer tech and I test drove car. Tech response to vibration was - Thats odd, I don't think it should do that. The dealer service manager has been waiting for well over a week for response from GM engineering? At this point I do not know if they have heard anything?
jwmgr8,

Could you send me your information (full name, number, address, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer) so I can look into your situation?

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Per forum rules, you should start your own thread. This thing is over 4 years old.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 AM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Jwmgr8, did GM resolve the issue?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 AM
jwmgr8
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bluewasp
Jwmgr8, did GM resolve the issue?
I Thought I posted resolution.
GM first authorized transmission rebuild with new 5th gear- this did not fix it.
Then GM authorized new transmission. This seems to have fixed the vibration and it seems the new transmission shifts better in all gears? I've got about 1500 miles on new transmission and it is much better.
Still feel slight vibration in clutch, like it has a rough spot or high spot.
Parkway has done a good job, even though it has been slow.
I am waiting on a meeting with regional GM person, but it appears they don't like to meet customers?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

I Thought I posted resolution.
GM first authorized transmission rebuild with new 5th gear- this did not fix it.
Then GM authorized new transmission. This seems to have fixed the vibration and it seems the new transmission shifts better in all gears? I've got about 1500 miles on new transmission and it is much better.
Still feel slight vibration in clutch, like it has a rough spot or high spot.
Parkway has done a good job, even though it has been slow.
I am waiting on a meeting with regional GM person, but it appears they don't like to meet customers?
My 427 has a similar issue and I'm wondering if I should leave it alone vs having the dealer rip it apart.

Why are you trying to meet with the regional rep because of the clutch vibration?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 AM
jwmgr8
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I had same concern about a brand new car having to be torn apart. In my case twice. I do not believe having a vibration in the drive train of any car let along a brand new one is right? it needs to be fixed.
If GM wants customer loyalty to remain high they should welcome a chance to meet with customers that have invested in their product. I personally like my dealer because of the service manager. But the dealer is the dealer. The customer surveys are junk. This is my second C6 Z06, third C6 and 4th vette. I think GM owes me a visit so we can discuss all the issues with the new Vette.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:45 PM
Jriso
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 5th gear vibration

I've seen a lot of older threads pertaining to 5th gear vibration issues on C6 manuals, but I haven't seen anyone writing in about a successful cure. Was it ever determined officially from Chevy that there is a problem? And more importantly, is there a solution in place that my local dealer can access? I just purchased a certified preowned 2013 GS with this same problem, and I'm trying to gather some background info before approaching the dealer. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:13 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Jriso
I've seen a lot of older threads pertaining to 5th gear vibration issues on C6 manuals, but I haven't seen anyone writing in about a successful cure. Was it ever determined officially from Chevy that there is a problem? And more importantly, is there a solution in place that my local dealer can access? I just purchased a certified preowned 2013 GS with this same problem, and I'm trying to gather some background info before approaching the dealer. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Most of the remedies I've read about at the dealership required pulling the trans apart and replacing the 5th gear.

Quick Reply: [Z06] '08 shifter vibration