Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] B&B Fusion is the system to have for the Z06!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 04:41 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by 79inSD
I love the sound of them!
Old 12-27-2014, 03:22 AM
1972bluelt1
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
We all have read the posts asking "which is the best exhaust system to have on my Vette?" Well I am not going to ask this question, but rather share with you my opinion. Being in the Corvette Parts business, I have the luxury of being able to try different systems on my car and evaluate the exhaust note, build quality, and attention to detail. I have personally installed the Corsa C6 Z06 system, the Borla Stinger C6 Z06 system and now the B&B Fusion system.

Let me also preface this opinion with the assumption that all the three systems I tested have equal performance gains as I do not have a dyno to test differences, but I would be willing to bet they are all within a few HP of each other.

All three systems had excellent build quality, but with the Corsa there were some installation enigmas that had me wondering "why in the heck did they engineer a band clamp there, could it not be the worse place to try and tighten". The Corsa sounded good, but the difference was not different enough from Stock at all RPM's to really give me what I was looking for. It also took away the multi mode exhaust function.

The Borla C6 Corvette Z06 Exhaust system installed pretty easy and sounded awesome at idle and driving around town. But damn, the highway was a different story. I had Borla stingers on my C5 Z06 and there was some drone, which I could live with. Maybe I have just lost my tolerance too it, but the drone on the C6 Z06 with Borla's was unbearable (for me and just about any other passenger I took for a ride). I had to get them off the car.....Take a look on any forum at the C6 Z06 parts for sale...You will see C6 Z06 Borla's used for sale on every forum. I think I am not the only one that had this issue. Also, like the Corsa, no more multi mode exhaust.

I had never heard the BB Corvette C6 Z06 Fusion System nor had I had any experience with Billy Boat Systems. I figured I would give it a try, but really did not think it was going to be what I wanted, but I did like the idea of keeping my multi mode exhaust. Upon opening the box, I was very impressed with the quality of the parts. Installation was a breeze, very logical engineering. Everything was easy to access and tighten down. The sound at idle is a bit more aggressive than stock, on acceleration and when you pass the magic RPM point for the Multi Mode to kick in, Oh my god.....the perfect sound. Just what I was looking for. Toss in a Mild to Wild switch, so that I can control the Multi Mode and finally, exhaust Nirvana.

The cool thing is that you can control the exhaust note. So if you are cruising down the highway, you can shut the baffles in the exhaust and enjoy quiet drone free driving. Open the baffles, and Bam, the thrill of driving a muscle car is back in your face (and ears). Not an obnoxious sound, but a throaty muscle car sound.

Anyway, trust me....If you have a C6 Z06 and are considering an after market exhaust the B&B Fusion Corvette Z06 system is worth a look. I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but I sell all of the above mentioned systems. I just am that excited about the fusion system that I thought I would share my thoughts with the board.

Pictures below are some shots of the B&B Fusion system on my car...

Thanks,

David
David, Is the Fusion you refer to the GEN 2? I see lots of comments on here about drone with the valves closed.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:14 AM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by 1972bluelt1
Did you ever get a replacement system and if so was it better?
I'm not sure what model Vette you're putting these on but I've had both the Gen II and now have the gen III on a modified ZO6. Both of these had zero drone when closed. You mentioned that you were going to switch to the GM actuators? Didn't know there were any others. That may be your problem, or in my case the vacuum hose was broken to one of them. As far as the install goes after seeing two set's of these put on I don't think there's hardly any way to install these without a lift that the car's tires sit on so it's just like it is when it's going down the road. There is zero room for error as they're pretty large muffs and take up all the space there is under there.

I hope this helps you.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:18 AM
1972bluelt1
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by meanjoe
I'm not sure what model Vette you're putting these on but I've had both the Gen II and now have the gen III on a modified ZO6. Both of these had zero drone when closed. You mentioned that you were going to switch to the GM actuators? Didn't know there were any others. That may be your problem, or in my case the vacuum hose was broken to one of them. As far as the install goes after seeing two set's of these put on I don't think there's hardly any way to install these without a lift that the car's tires sit on so it's just like it is when it's going down the road. There is zero room for error as they're pretty large muffs and take up all the space there is under there.

I hope this helps you.
My post was to 4wheels. He hasn't answered, but I saw this post.

Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post

Fusions sound quite a bit different. I had them & switched to Corsa to get rid of the drone the Fusions had, even with the flaps closed. Corsa doesn't drone on the fwy in 6th (long as you don't have headers & cam), the Fusions did, even with flaps closed (and my flaps would stick closed many times). With windows closed the Fusion drone was louder than with the windows open! The Corsa is quiet with the windows closed & you're putting around (just like it should be) and loud when you step on it and/or roll down the windows.

My car is a bone stock 07 Z06. I have a 2 post lift and a 4 post (mostly used for storage). My only concern with using a 2 post would be tightening the lower control bushing with the wheels hanging.
The rest of the differential is bolted to the frame.

Last edited by 1972bluelt1; 12-27-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:31 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by meanjoe
I'm not sure what model Vette you're putting these on but I've had both the Gen II and now have the gen III on a modified ZO6. Both of these had zero drone when closed. You mentioned that you were going to switch to the GM actuators? Didn't know there were any others. That may be your problem, or in my case the vacuum hose was broken to one of them. As far as the install goes after seeing two set's of these put on I don't think there's hardly any way to install these without a lift that the car's tires sit on so it's just like it is when it's going down the road. There is zero room for error as they're pretty large muffs and take up all the space there is under there. I hope this helps you.
How would you describe the difference between the second and third Gen?
Old 01-31-2015, 05:46 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

David, thanks for the B&B Fusion review. What gen Fusion did you install? And, what gen Fusion do you recommend?
Also, does your car have headers and/or a cam?
Old 02-12-2015, 09:43 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Vito.A
David, thanks for the B&B Fusion review. What gen Fusion did you install? And, what gen Fusion do you recommend?
Also, does your car have headers and/or a cam?
We used the Gen2 system which is optimal for an otherwise stock car (like the one in the review). B&B recommends the Gen3 system for heavily modified 700+hp cars.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-15-2015, 01:34 PM
v8sten
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts

I love my B&B Fusions, the quality, the sounds, everything

There was one extremely minor issue worth mentioning. The diaphragms are not covered under the "lifetime warranty". One of mine tore and I couldn't close my exhaust. So I took one vacuum line off and put my thumb over it and the other muffler closed, so I did it again with the other vacuum line with no avail. So I took the actuator off and tore it apart and found the tore diaphragm. So I called B&B and at first it seemed like they were going to cover it under the warranty, they didn't ask for any payment info. A few days pass and I get a text from a number I don't know saying I need to call B&B and make a payment for the diaphragms. It wasn't a lot ($35 for 2 diaphragms) it just took me by surprise. I just figured I would post it just so no one else will expect the same.

Like I said ........ minor

One question though. How can I tell the difference between the 3 generations?
Old 03-15-2015, 10:12 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

The first Gen has the exhaust pipe that enters in at the top of the muffler and not in the middle, it's also a larger can.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:51 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by vertC6
The first Gen has the exhaust pipe that enters in at the top of the muffler and not in the middle, it's also a larger can.
Thank you.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:02 PM
myvette_99
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Can you pm me a price on a set of Fusion extreme gen III round tips for 07 ZO6 shipped to 54758?
Thanks a bunch, Cory
Old 04-12-2015, 12:46 PM
HVDT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the offer also for the fusion gen 3 ?
I have a z06 with a Katech street attack engine and a new Burns exhaust. The sound of the car is great only the drone i can`t live with.
I think the gen 3 muffler is better for a high output engine.

A friend of my is going to Los Angeles in two weeks so is there a possibility to ship it to a shop that you do business with?
My friend can take it to The Netherlands with him.

Is this a option to purchase the exhaust?

Grtz, Hans
Old 04-14-2015, 02:21 PM
HVDT
Instructor

Is David on a vacation?

Grtz, Hans
Old 04-27-2015, 10:58 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by HVDT
Is the offer also for the fusion gen 3 ?
I have a z06 with a Katech street attack engine and a new Burns exhaust. The sound of the car is great only the drone i can`t live with.
I think the gen 3 muffler is better for a high output engine.

A friend of my is going to Los Angeles in two weeks so is there a possibility to ship it to a shop that you do business with?
My friend can take it to The Netherlands with him.

Is this a option to purchase the exhaust?

Grtz, Hans

Please give us a call toll free so we can discuss, it would be much easier then typing all.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Andy_greyz06
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spent quite some time on youtube listening to various systems for the Z06. It came down to corsa or BB fusion extreme. I went with the fusion extreme and never looked back. I'm running 2 inch primary long tubes, x pipe no cats along with the B&B set up. Car gets compliments where ever I go.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:28 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Andy_greyz06
I spent quite some time on youtube listening to various systems for the Z06. It came down to corsa or BB fusion extreme. I went with the fusion extreme and never looked back. I'm running 2 inch primary long tubes, x pipe no cats along with the B&B set up. Car gets compliments where ever I go.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:21 AM
Down2BDirty
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2011 Z06 with Z07 pkg. Seems like the B&B Fusions would be a nice addition. I have mild to wild switch which I really like (although VERY rarely go mild). I was wondering how the Akrapovic compares?. Pros/Cons? I read that you can keep multi mode exhaust with them as well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. So hard to decide when I've never heard them (except Borla's) in real life. BTW the Borla's was amazing but the owner admitted the drone was too much for him and advised against it.

Get notified of new replies

To B&B Fusion is the system to have for the Z06!!!

Old 08-20-2015, 10:55 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Down2BDirty
I have a 2011 Z06 with Z07 pkg. Seems like the B&B Fusions would be a nice addition. I have mild to wild switch which I really like (although VERY rarely go mild). I was wondering how the Akrapovic compares?. Pros/Cons? I read that you can keep multi mode exhaust with them as well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. So hard to decide when I've never heard them (except Borla's) in real life. BTW the Borla's was amazing but the owner admitted the drone was too much for him and advised against it.
Please give us a call...there is quite a bit to talk about and much easier on the phone

Old 11-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Venom Snake
Advanced

I don't know if this is something normal but I got the Gen II fusion too that came with the car already from the previous owner and the weird thing is, the valve inside keeps hitting the exhaust with a weird "crank crank" sound from time to time when the car is idle. That is when the valves are opened but whenever they're closed, I heard zero noise. What do you think I should do here? Is this something normal with you all or is it just me?

Sorry to bump this old thread but I really need some help because this is so annoying when it happens.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:21 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Venom Snake
I don't know if this is something normal but I got the Gen II fusion too that came with the car already from the previous owner and the weird thing is, the valve inside keeps hitting the exhaust with a weird "crank crank" sound from time to time when the car is idle. That is when the valves are opened but whenever they're closed, I heard zero noise. What do you think I should do here? Is this something normal with you all or is it just me?

Sorry to bump this old thread but I really need some help because this is so annoying when it happens.
No, this is not normal...someone messed up something during the installation. I'd take them off and see what is going on....

Quick Reply: [Z06] B&B Fusion is the system to have for the Z06!!!