Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] need c6 drivers side wiring harness diagram

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:14 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Default need c6 drivers side wiring harness diagram

was installing my caravaggio race seats and need the driver side wiring diagram if anyone has the service manuals

well would have been done about 1.5 hours ago but cannot for the life of me get the damn drivers side seat to move, there is 1 green plug it looks like a 4-6 pin connector i cannot find out where it goes, everything else is plugged in and when i originally powered up the car the seat moved fully forward then stopped so i am stuck there,

email it to dvandentop@msn.com if you have it thanks

pretty straightforward install otherwise
Old 08-28-2008, 10:26 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

circled is the connector i cant seem to find where it goes

Old 08-28-2008, 11:03 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just tie it out of the way - it doesn't connect to anything (I just looked under my seat with a flashlight). I believe it is the harness for the seat heating module, which you don't have any more unless you had Caravaggio build one in.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:05 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

**** then i still need to figure out why my seat wont move then

i am sure it will be clear in the morning but who knows

maybe a fuse burnt out or someting even though i had that battert disco'd

i appreciate you going to look!

any other ones you saw? i know on passneger side there is 2 from the heated seat module +1 that doesnt get connected to the seat pressure module. + 1 that goes up to heated seat wires inside the seats tha all arent plugged in

Last edited by dvandentop; 08-28-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Dont have a Caravaggio seat, but have taken my stock seat out and have the manual in front of me... what exactly did you need?
All of the wiring pin-outs? Troubleshooting procedures?

That green connect is the lumbar control - not used as Allan mentioned.

The wider black/purple connect is for the seat memory.

The black connector close to the black/purple connector is for the Seat adjustor motor.

I have a yellow connector and a white connector left... can't figure out where they go right now.

Last edited by Dreamin; 08-29-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:34 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

headed out to go work on it again so i will post up what happens it has to be something simple
Old 08-29-2008, 11:21 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

any gm techs on this board??

ok well here is a pic of the connections i have left

allan said to rule out the green one

and the 2 smaller ones are for heated seats

i cannot figure out what the white one is for ?

i have narrowed down that all fuses are working and everything i can tell is plugged in, when i plug in the memory module i can hear the motors click but when i try to move the switch nothing happens. i have went over the connections many times and verified with a volt meter i am getting power to each motor.

is it possible the seat moved too far ahead and no wont go back due to it is past the sensors?? a cts-v i had one time did that

right now i have just the power seat track sitting on the floor where it is supposed to go so i can troubleshoot with it all plugged up

Last edited by dvandentop; 08-29-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 AM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Go back and look at the seat cushions that you removed and check the connectors that went with them - then figure out what would have connected to them from the seat base and you can rule those out. For example, I'm pretty sure the small green connector is for the seat back heater. I can't quite make out the other one - what color is it and the wires connected to it? My service manual is for '06, and it doesn't show a purple plug . . . but based on the shape, it looks like the connector for the heated seat cushion (wires would be yellow, yellow/black, light green and pink).

Do you get any other movement with the seat motor (up/down/tilt)?

Last edited by allanlaw; 08-29-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:57 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 834 Likes on 594 Posts

Hey Derek

Is this a new memory module, or at least a different one than on your original seats?

When I did my seat swap of C6 seats into my Z to get adjustable lumbar and bolster bladders, I was advised that if I used a different memory module that I would need to go to the dealer and have them use a Tech 2 so the car would recognize the different memory module.

I ended up just swapping the memory module from my Z seats into the C6 seats before I installed them in the car and everything worked fine.

I don't know whether that's true or not, but I had no issues when I used my original memory module. I don't know what would have happened if I had used a different one.

Maybe your car doesn't recognize it if it's not the original one from your original seats.

Good luck!!

Bob
Old 08-29-2008, 12:12 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

no it is the same memory module as i was using so no change there.
which is why i am stumped!

no other motor movement at all on any of the positions i try to move it to which is strange

allan the 2 small ones are green and a black 4 pin connector they are on both of the olde seats and are both for heated seats it looks like. so yeah i already ruled out the ones that match up on the old seat bottoms

i am stumped on the bigger white connector i must be for a lumbar motor connector or somethign which the z06 doesnt come with that is the only thing i can think of
Old 08-29-2008, 12:40 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Derek

Take a look at this picture:

There are 2 white connectors that hook to the memory module. I think maybe you only hooked up one. I think the loose one needs to be attached and you'll be in business!

Bob
Old 08-29-2008, 12:41 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

found this on a cadillac service manual i have access to online it uses prety much the same control box as the Z06

still doesnt explain why the seat is stuck

Memory Seat Calibration Procedure

The memory seat module uses position sensor inputs to establish soft stop locations for the adjuster motors several millimeters ahead of the physical limits of the adjuster assembly. After replacing a memory seat module or adjuster components, it may be necessary to reset the adjuster motor soft stop locations. When the repair procedure has been completed, operate the seat adjuster switch in every direction until the seat adjuster reaches its mechanical hard stop by repeatedly pressing and releasing the switch as necessary.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:43 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Derek

Take a look at this picture:

There are 2 white connectors that hook to the memory module. I think maybe you only hooked up one. I think the loose one needs to be attached and you'll be in business!

Bob
bob there is 2 plugs into the tan box which is the heated seat module (which i have plugged in)

the one white connector i have left is a female conenctor with pins in it. wires on that is a red/white a pink a purple and i cant recall what others

the black box is the mem module which i have all 3 plugged in.

also each motor has a plug going to that so i am stumped also there is a plug i have into the rail closest to the outside

maybe i will leave my battery disconnected over the weekend while i am gone and it will work when i come home (wishful thinking )
Old 08-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Check your PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:28 PM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I recall I think there is one plug that does not go in, the white one. Here is some pics of mine.

Try removing the 4 bolts holding down the seat and leave the plugs on and see if it moves.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:07 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

ISSUE SOLVED!!!

there is 2 black plugs that look the same. they both fit into the seat switch so i think you have them swapped around.

i did that one mine and it worked all of a sudden!
Old 09-01-2008, 04:23 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

EXCELLENT!!!

Glad to hear you got it working.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To need c6 drivers side wiring harness diagram

Quick Reply: [Z06] need c6 drivers side wiring harness diagram