Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Bend Pak

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:01 PM
ldimm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bend Pak

I know another lift post! I've run a search and can't find anyone who seems to have the Bend Pak LR60 low rise lift. As anyone used this lift on a "Z" and if so what do you think. The lift seems it would be easy to use, just put your jacking pucks on and lift. It raises about 26" or so which would be very usable and the center seems fairly open.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:58 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I looked at these before I bought my scissor lift (MD-6XP).

Write Up of the MD-6XP

My Z lifted: http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...C/IMG_0784.jpg

A couple of things that you may want to know.
  • The LR lifts must be bolted to the floor.
  • They have 1 hydraulic cylinder - as opposed to 2 on other 'scissor-type' lifts
  • Lift locations are not adjustable - use pads down the 'ramp' lengths
I needed something mobile, wanted to get the car higher (50"), and didn't mind the crossbeams on the underside.

The upside of the LR is that it's 4" high, has built-in entrance ramps, no crossbeams down the center, and it's is a little less $$.

GL w/ your search.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:22 AM
ldimm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't realize that you have to bolt the LR models to the floor. That could be a deal breaker for me. How stable is your car on your lift? Is there play in the scissor mechanism when in the air? Does it wreck the concrete floor going up and down? Do you fell safe under it?
Thanks much!
Larry
Old 11-29-2008, 10:20 AM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by ldimm
I didn't realize that you have to bolt the LR models to the floor. That could be a deal breaker for me. How stable is your car on your lift? Is there play in the scissor mechanism when in the air? Does it wreck the concrete floor going up and down? Do you fell safe under it?
Thanks much!
Larry
A lot of people are concerned about the stability.

The lift is perfectly stable. The BendPak scissor lift weighs nearly 1000 lbs and is very, very beefy.

Doesn't hurt the flooring at all underneath - not so much as a scratch. It 'rolls' up from the non-hydraulic side.

The lift has a very substantial mechanical lock. I sit under my Vette and my big block '69 Camaro & never give it a second thought.

More info:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1567954199-post9.html

Old 11-29-2008, 02:17 PM
MikeP
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the LR60 lift. I had it for 4 years know and love it. I don't have to build any ramps to drive up on. The lifting area is rubber paded to not to scratch the underside of my body panels. I have the mobil lift not mounted to the floor that allows me to park over top of the lift when no in use. Then reposition it in my garage to allow 360 access to my Z while airborn. Excellent lift for us wrenchers/waxers. Let me know if you need pic's I'll send a couple in action. Can't post on forum no skills!!

Mike P.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:15 PM
BenThere
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeP
I have the LR60 lift. I had it for 4 years know and love it. I don't have to build any ramps to drive up on. The lifting area is rubber paded to not to scratch the underside of my body panels. I have the mobil lift not mounted to the floor that allows me to park over top of the lift when no in use. Then reposition it in my garage to allow 360 access to my Z while airborn. Excellent lift for us wrenchers/waxers. Let me know if you need pic's I'll send a couple in action. Can't post on forum no skills!!

Mike P.
I would appreciate some pics if you can, please.

Thanks!!

Get notified of new replies

To Bend Pak

Quick Reply: [Z06] Bend Pak