Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 2 simple questions... kind of

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 08:39 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

Default 2 simple questions... kind of

I'm changing the clutch fluid the Ranger way today because spring came for a couple days, and decided to leave here on the east coast and I had the day off. In my boredom, I noticed on the passengers side of the hood (underside of course), there is a hole and then a rectangular cut out. On the drivers side, it appears the same, except, there is a rubber type piece that lays on the tray, just inside the fender well when closed. Can someone check theirs please and see if its the same. If mine is missing, I have no idea why, and I will have to order one. There is no play when the hood is down.

The second thing I noticed, the passengers side windshield wiper does not have the air dam like the drivers side. It appears they are the same length. I understand that it is on there to keep it against the windshield at high speeds, but why not on the passengers side also?
Old 04-04-2016, 08:44 PM
got2hav1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,041 Likes on 592 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods)

Originally Posted by psp6158
I'm changing the clutch fluid the Ranger way today because spring came for a couple days, and decided to leave here on the east coast and I had the day off. In my boredom, I noticed on the passengers side of the hood (underside of course), there is a hole and then a rectangular cut out. On the drivers side, it appears the same, except, there is a rubber type piece that lays on the tray, just inside the fender well when closed. Can someone check theirs please and see if its the same. If mine is missing, I have no idea why, and I will have to order one. There is no play when the hood is down.

The second thing I noticed, the passengers side windshield wiper does not have the air dam like the drivers side. It appears they are the same length. I understand that it is on there to keep it against the windshield at high speeds, but why not on the passengers side also?

On the passenger side the bumper is mounted on the car near the oil tank instead of on the hood.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:57 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by got2hav1
On the passenger side the bumper is mounted on the car near the oil tank instead of on the hood.
Thank You sir, I did see that but wanted to make sure nothing was missing.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:49 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Nothing is missing. The wiper is like that because of optimum vision for the driver.

Clif

Get notified of new replies

To 2 simple questions... kind of

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2 simple questions... kind of