Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] County Corvette, West Chester PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:59 PM
beden1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default County Corvette, West Chester PA

I went to County Corvette, 315 Westtown Rd in West Chester today (610) 696-7888. This is the first time I have been there, and had a Mild-to-Wild installed, and they did my PA State Inspection.

I've lived in the surrounding area since 1982, and as this is my third Corvette, I'm sorry to say that I never knew of them before. I only learned about County Corvette through a local magazine ad that was delivered recently, but just in time to get some toys for my new car. I guess I should get out more often.

We hear about bad service all too often, but in this case, I wanted to say something positive about the great reception and service I received. I was met by James who took me for a guided tour through their expansive showroom, paint booth, ground up restoration shops, customizing shop, and maintenance shop. The facilities look relatively new, and the place is like a candy store for Corvette owners.

They were restoring quite a number of late 50's and 60's Corvettes, as well as modifying some real track monsters. They also had quite a few older Vettes for sale. The shops are very well laid out and organized, and the people working there appear top notch.

I appreciated my time spent while waiting for my car to be completed, after they took it right in for the service. I'm also glad I found them, and feel much better about where I will take my ZO6 whenever I want to upgrade something, or, and hopefully not, something happens to my car. Their workmanship is top shelf!

Last edited by beden1; 03-26-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:01 PM
gregmopp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i live in media and want to do a bunch of bolt on when i get back from college in may... was there labor expensive?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:17 PM
DEL_FRC
Instructor

Beden1;
Excellent shop. I've used County Corvette many times in the past and will gladly use them again in the future. I have nothing but good things to say about them.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:49 PM
beden1
Drifting

Originally Posted by gregmopp
i live in media and want to do a bunch of bolt on when i get back from college in may... was there labor expensive?
You will have to speak with them about the labor rates, but I did not find them unreasonable.

I think most importantly though, their facilities and equipment are very impressive, and they are able to do just about anything you could dream up for modifying and/or restoring your car. This is the third Corvette specialty center I've been to, including one in South Florida that has specialized in servicing /modifying nothing but Vettes since 1971, and the County Corvette facilities are the best I've seen by far.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Live2Redline
Burning Brakes

http://www.countycorvette.com/
Old 03-25-2009, 10:12 AM
camaross621
Pro

any chance you are the guy with the JSB z that parks in WC with the Comp Grey wheels are you?? I see that car out almost every weekend night. that thing is sick!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
beden1
Drifting

Originally Posted by camaross621
any chance you are the guy with the JSB z that parks in WC with the Comp Grey wheels are you?? I see that car out almost every weekend night. that thing is sick!
No, but they were mentioning that car as the only other one they have seen to my JSB ZO6 in the area. The shop foreman asked how much they should charge me for their guys spending too much time checking out my car.

I bought mine in the Palm Beach, FL area this January, and recently had it transported up here for the summer. I have the new chrome spyder wheels that I really like as well.

Driving back from their shop heading on 202 North, a 5 Series BMW raced up along side me to check out my car, and gave me a thumbs up. I thought this was interesting behavior from a BMW guy, and it's nice to see that many people just love cars regardless.

Last edited by beden1; 03-25-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
camaross621
Pro

wow. funny. I got my 08 from FL as well. drove it straight home. played with a few cars on the way If you ever see a Yellow C6Z with black rims and headlights, or you the yellow T-rex.. def stop and say HI
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I never realized so many C6Z's were so local. We need to get a meet one nice weekend.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
beden1
Drifting

Originally Posted by camaross621
wow. funny. I got my 08 from FL as well. drove it straight home. played with a few cars on the way If you ever see a Yellow C6Z with black rims and headlights, or you the yellow T-rex.. def stop and say HI
I really like those T-Rex. I saw them at an exotic car dealership on US1 in Delray? I've seen a number of them on the roads around Jupiter. Is that you I have seen down there driving on Indiantown Rd?

I loved driving my C5 coupe back and forth to Florida, and I look forward to some trips with the ZO6 as well. I'm just trying to get it ready for road trips, like getting clear bra protection, etc.

I'll definitely stop and say hello if I see you around the area! I just ordered a new vanity tag - USA ZO6.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
beden1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
I never realized so many C6Z's were so local. We need to get a meet one nice weekend.
Definitely!

The guys at County Corvette said they sponsored some get togethers as well. They also mentioned an all Corvette show in the Atlantic City Convention Center coming up during April 18-19. I was going to try and check out some information on-line.

Last edited by beden1; 03-25-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by beden1
Definitely!

The guys at County Corvette said they sponsored some get togethers as well. They also mentioned an all Corvette show in the Atlantic City Convention Center coming up during April 17-19. I was going to try and check out some information on-line.
That show is call Strictly Corvette. http://www.strictlycorvette.com/

There are tons of Z06's in the greater Philly area, I see 'em all the time. I passed 2 on Monday evening just driving up 73 from Blue Bell to Schwenksville, and one of them was a Ron Fellows edition.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 AM
0James@CountyCorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Corvette Sales, Service, Parts & Restoration West Chester Pa

Thanks for the kind words Brooks! We are glad you were happy with our work!

It always amazes us how many local Corvette owners have never even heard of us! With 40-50 cars being worked on at any given time, the shop is a Corvette owner's dream.

That being said, if anyone is ever in the area, please stop in and Ill give you a tour of our facility.

As Brooks said - we are a FULL service Corvette facility - we try and accomidate our customers from oil changes and inspections to full restorations and forced induction work. We get the majority of our great reputation from our paint work which is always top notch. We also do work on many other vehicles - right now we are rebuilding a Cobra kit car with a 550hp LS2, a 68 Z28 Camaro, paint work on a F-2 Race car, and service on a 32 Ford Coupe Street Rod.

Strictly Corvettes will be a great show in April, we are really looking forward to it!

and Brooks, anything else you need just let me know. Your car looked and sounded AMAZING pulling out onto Westtown Road yesterday!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
beden1
Drifting

Originally Posted by James@CountyCorvette
Thanks for the kind words Brooks! We are glad you were happy with our work!

and Brooks, anything else you need just let me know. Your car looked and sounded AMAZING pulling out onto Westtown Road yesterday!
James,

Your welcome. I like to give credit where credit is due.

By the way, I really like the Adams Spray Detailer that I picked up yesterday. Real easy to use and the finish is super slick, just like I like it! I'll be down in a week or so to pick up a gallon size container.

Thanks again.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:20 AM
0James@CountyCorvette
Former Vendor

Sounds good - I knew you'd like that stuff!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:39 PM
camaross621
Pro

[QUOTE=beden1;1569435225]I really like those T-Rex. I saw them at an exotic car dealership on US1 in Delray? I've seen a number of them on the roads around Jupiter. Is that you I have seen down there driving on Indiantown Rd?
[QUOTE]

nope wasnt me. I live about 10 mins from west chester. we should def have a meet sometime when its nice out!!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 PM
camaross621
Pro

Originally Posted by James@CountyCorvette
Sounds good - I knew you'd like that stuff!
my crazy neighbor steve's corvette looks great in that sig!!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 PM
petefias
Burning Brakes

You can expect the highest quality work from County Corvette. Those guys are fantastic. If you're from the NE, it is worth the drive. One of the best shop in the region (heck, country).
Old 03-30-2009, 04:14 PM
0James@CountyCorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by petefias
You can expect the highest quality work from County Corvette. Those guys are fantastic. If you're from the NE, it is worth the drive. One of the best shop in the region (heck, country).
Thanks for the great compliments

Get notified of new replies

To County Corvette, West Chester PA

Quick Reply: [Z06] County Corvette, West Chester PA