Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 08 ZO6 repair manual?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:10 PM
3000hp
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 ZO6 repair manual?

Hello Boys and Girls.. Im looking for the ZO6 repair manual, and i wonder if any body of CF members can share me a copy :P.

Im mainly interested in the AC system, id do have a little problem with the AC system and i cant locate the gas dryer tank, i tried looking for it but i cant find the dam thing.

I tried ordering it from the dealer and they told me the 08 zo6 dosnt have a dryer :O. I cant believe it dosnt have a dryer. every ac system in the world must have a dryer, it like the engine oil filter, you cant have an engine with out oil filer.

The system has some blockage in the lines and i think the dryer "filter" is blocked, some ac systems have the dryer built in with condenser and i started to think that's the case here... me dosnt want to believe that idea, cuz in that case i will need a new condenser .

i already changed the expansion valve with no luck "had to order it and wait for two weeks".

If anybody have a schematic diagram for the ac system and will to share it with me that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:44 PM
CudjoeScott
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

You can order a service manual from http://www.GMPartsDirect.com. Gene will make sure you get what you need.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:44 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Originally Posted by 3000hp
Hello Boys and Girls.. Im looking for the ZO6 repair manual, and i wonder if any body of CF members can share me a copy :P.

Im mainly interested in the AC system, id do have a little problem with the AC system and i cant locate the gas dryer tank, i tried looking for it but i cant find the dam thing.

I tried ordering it from the dealer and they told me the 08 zo6 dosnt have a dryer :O. I cant believe it dosnt have a dryer. every ac system in the world must have a dryer, it like the engine oil filter, you cant have an engine with out oil filer.

The system has some blockage in the lines and i think the dryer "filter" is blocked, some ac systems have the dryer built in with condenser and i started to think that's the case here... me dosnt want to believe that idea, cuz in that case i will need a new condenser .

i already changed the expansion valve with no luck "had to order it and wait for two weeks".

If anybody have a schematic diagram for the ac system and will to share it with me that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
Shouldn't this stuff be covered under warranty?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:46 PM
3000hp
8th Gear

Originally Posted by 383vett
Shouldn't this stuff be covered under warranty?
Unfortunately the car has no warranty and the owner is not interested about warranty at all .
Old 06-20-2009, 05:59 PM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Unfortunately the car has no warranty and the owner is not interested about warranty at all .
A 2008 should still be under warranty.

I'm sure one exists but I can't imagine what mod you could do that would void the A/C system warranty.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:00 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Don't mean to argue, but how can an 08 not have a warranty? Even if the motor has 3000 hp, the air conditioning system should be covered.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
bluemagoo
Pro

Default Refrigerant filter

I looked through my 2008 manual and it doesn't look like there is a dryer like my '70 Corvette had (large cylinder with the sight glass - near the condenser). The only thing I see that fits the description of what you might be looking for is the "AC Refrigerant Filter". It appears to be a pencil-like affair that slips in to the front evaporator inlet line where this line goes into the A/C condenser. Hope that helps.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:14 AM
3000hp
8th Gear

Originally Posted by bluemagoo
I looked through my 2008 manual and it doesn't look like there is a dryer like my '70 Corvette had (large cylinder with the sight glass - near the condenser). The only thing I see that fits the description of what you might be looking for is the "AC Refrigerant Filter". It appears to be a pencil-like affair that slips in to the front evaporator inlet line where this line goes into the A/C condenser. Hope that helps.
Can you please post that picture, I would really appreciated .
Old 06-21-2009, 04:10 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CudjoeScott
You can order a service manual from http://www.GMPartsDirect.com. Gene will make sure you get what you need.
Thanks where I got my 09 manuals. Gene is great!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:13 AM
bluemagoo
Pro

Can you please post that picture, I would really appreciated .
I'm assuming that there's no warranty coverage on this 2008 because it's been totaled or otherwise black-flagged in GM's system/the grid.

I don't have a scanner but took a quick photo of the part I mentioned. Hope it helps. Still best bet, as others have mentioned, is to get the set of shop manuals.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Thanks for the referrals. Just for the record my site is www.gmpartshouse.com. Happy Father's Day to all of my customers and friends.

||--Helms Corvette Service Manuals--||

'97'- '09 Corvette – 149.99 shipped
Please Call For Any Other Make/Model Vehicle

To order the service manuals:

Go to http://www.gmpartshouse.com/search.html

Starting in box #1 enter part number helmsmanuals and select Chevrolet make.
In step #2 of #4 you’ll find a comments section right under the verify order button.
Enter the year make and model of the vehicle in the comments section.

If you’re interested in manuals for any other GM product email us.
They’re mostly all the same price so we’ll just need to check availability for you.

Contains Factory Authorized Service information written by General Motors. It contains Diagnostic Information and Procedures, Schematics and Routing Diagrams, Component Locator, Repair Instructions, Description and Operation, Specifications, and Special Tools and equipment. Service information on HVAC, Body & Accessories, Restraints, Steering, Suspension, Driveline/Axle, Brakes, Engine and Transmission/Transaxle.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Get notified of new replies

To 08 ZO6 repair manual?

Quick Reply: [Z06] 08 ZO6 repair manual?