Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Phadt chassis bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:06 PM
shifter77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phadt chassis bar

Anyone have 1 installed on their C6ZO6? Is there increase of chassis stiffness ? Installation difficulty.
THANKS
Old 08-16-2009, 09:46 PM
jlvink66
Pro

I did my installation of the Pfadt chasis bar. I liked the end product but it was a major pain to install. Plan on doing a lot of grinding on the car to get it to fit right. The chasis bar is fine, it's just that there are things in the way of where it has to mount on the frame rails and you have to grind it off. It is a very tight fit, which is great for maximizing visibility, but it is very hard to get it in the car. Although it was not called out in the instructions, hind sight says that I would have had more clearance during installation if I had removed the roof cradle first. Instructions that gave you an idea of where you had to grind in advance would have made the job easier also. BTW, don't paint the chasis bar until you have fitted it in the car. The paint tends to get scratched a lot if you do it first.

I think it's a great product and I am happy with the end result, but I suggest a professional installer do the job. An installer doesn't have to give you all the painful details about what he had to do to your baby to get it in the car.

John
Old 08-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would the installation of the bar facilitate the safe remoaval of the roof I wonder???
Old 08-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Maxx Schlick
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one and so does Bowtieguy, and we both installed our own.
Install instructions leave a whole lot to be desired. It is by no means an easy job. Knowing what I know now I would not do it again, I would just use the Vette Works SharBar Harness Bar
http://www.vetteworksonline.com/cata...roducts_id=116

Last edited by Maxx Schlick; 08-16-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 AM
smallblk400
Burning Brakes

I also have it installed in my Z. In fact I pm'ed Maxx Schlick & asked about the install myself & he was very helpful. I ended up having a shop install & paint mine for $500. I'm very happy with the outcome.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:59 AM
IPS Motorsports
Burning Brakes

We have a nice free shipping offer on the bars!!!

As for the bar it self, it does add a slight amount of rigidity, you can really notice when you jack the car up, and hear the bar creek just a slight amount, and as well when you corner very hard, we have noticed a nice tie in the rear end.

Overall the installation is rather time consuming, typically at least about 8 hours. You have to remove the factory seat, and then the harness's under the seats. That is the easiest part. You will then need a nice nutsert gun, to properly insert the nut serts into the frame to bolt the bar down. Just take your time and its not that difficult. Also lay out the carpet and take some good measurements to properly set the holes!

Overall a nice improvement in safety, and adds some rigidity. And for 790 shipped its the best quality and least expensive 4 point chassis bar I know about.

http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=3471

Regards
-Brandon
Old 08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
shifter77
Drifting

Thanks guys, the messege is ITS A REAL PAIN TO INSTALL. Dont think i can handle added stress at this time.
Thanks the pics & advise.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 AM
B505
Instructor

Hey guys, I hate to revive an old thread but I'm right there on the install and I feel like I"m so close yet so far from being able to get this done. Can anyone link me to proper proceedures for removing the roof panel? Also I feel like I"m very close with the rear support bars but cant seem to get them in...did you guys cut out your templates before putting it in? I think the 4cm of clearance will allow my bar enough room to slip in! hah It is crazy...but I"m almost there...next time I would NOT install it myself. I wish I found these opinions sooner, but I'm glad I got the bar!

Get notified of new replies

To Phadt chassis bar

Quick Reply: [Z06] Phadt chassis bar