Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Katech Carbon Fiber Splitter, Undertray, and Brake Duct PICS and PRE-ORDER

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Default Katech Carbon Fiber Splitter, Undertray, and Brake Duct PICS and PRE-ORDER

I'm pleased to announce that we have undertrays and brake cooler ducts will be arriving at the end of the month. We've started a pre-order system on our website and will ship in the order received.

These parts turned out great. This week we were in the wind tunnel with the final version to verify the final production. Let me tell you the brake cooling increases are PHENOMENAL! That is reason enough to buy this splitter package. Don't take my word for it, take a look at the pictures of our testing and see for yourself.

You can see when we add the smoke to the entry of the brake cooling duct it starts pouring out the wheel, and this is at only 45mph. This is true ram-air brake cooling. You track guys are going to love this. Combine this with a set of spindle ducts and you have brake cooling that rivals race cars.

Next is the installation. This is so easy! There is no drilling of your new splitter. All you do is remove the stock splitter, remove the air dam and stock brake duct inlet, trim a small part off the bottom of the fascia, install the brake duct, install the splitter, and install the undertray. I'll have detailed instructions soon, but we just put one on in about a half hour.

The brake ducts were solid modeled for a precise fit. Here are some photos of our development.

The fit is perfect. The ducts slide right into the production brake duct. They are made with a mold so the shiny carbon fiber is on the inside. So when you look from the front of the car you can see into the glossy brake duct.

After the splitter and the brake ducts are on, 2 stainless steel brackets hold the rear of the undertray and the front of the undertray attaches to the lip of the splitter. These brackets use factory mounting locations. All stainless steel hardware is included for a nice finish that will last a long time.

The splitter fits all C6 wide body cars - Z06, ZR1 and Grand Sport

Part numbers are as follows:

KAT-A4979 Katech carbon fiber splitter, brake ducts and undertray kit $1774.99
http://store.katechengines.com/Product212

KAT-A6097 Katech carbon fiber brake ducts and undertray kit $1199.99
http://store.katechengines.com/Product211

KAT-4979 Katech carbon fiber splitter (only) $575.00
http://store.katechengines.com/Product193

(e) zach@katechengines.com

Last edited by Katech_Zach; 01-15-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Jason,

Great looking package!

The ultimate result is making a car safer which should be every drivers goal.

The dollars spent up front now on this package will pay huge dividends going forward towards pad and rotor longevity.

Mike
Old 01-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Over-Rev
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Does this significantly increase the overall drag or add to downforce?

Love the look of it; I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to put some clearbra protector on the underside so it doesn't get all scratched up on curbs.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Over-Rev
Does this significantly increase the overall drag or add to downforce?

Love the look of it; I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to put some clearbra protector on the underside so it doesn't get all scratched up on curbs.
There are significant increases in downforce. Actually, going from lift to downforce. You can read all about it in our wind tunnel report http://www.katechengines.com/street_...a%20report.pdf

You could do the clearbra protector if you want, but I think if you scrape something it's going to scrape right through it. That's more for rock chips. The button head screws on the undertray do offer a bit of protection though.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:12 PM
NASTY ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jason, do you need any support/s for high speed (150+) runs? It looks great btw...
Old 01-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by NASTY ZO6
Jason, do you need any support/s for high speed (150+) runs? It looks great btw...
The splitter is very rigid, but the fascia it bolts to is not. I still say you should have the reinforcement piece for high speed runs.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:00 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
The splitter is very rigid, but the fascia it bolts to is not. I still say you should have the reinforcement piece for high speed runs.
So you don't think the tray alone adds enough rigidity? What does the reinforcement piece sell for?
This is a good, common sense approach to brake cooling.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

I notice you left the ACP hood on this time... Can you share the additional downforce %'s with your parts and the hood ?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:57 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

any need to run spindle ducts and hoses with this kit?

looks great btw
Old 01-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by dfinke23
So you don't think the tray alone adds enough rigidity? What does the reinforcement piece sell for?
This is a good, common sense approach to brake cooling.
The tray is rigid, but I can pull down on it and it pulls on the fascia. You could have a steel plate for an undertray and it's still going to pull down on the plastic fascia. That's just my opinion. The car in the wind tunnel test already had the reinforcement, so we couldn't test that. If somebody wants to do 150 without the reinforcement be my guest. The reinforcement is $234.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Dreamin
I notice you left the ACP hood on this time... Can you share the additional downforce %'s with your parts and the hood ?
Maybe later.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by dvandentop
any need to run spindle ducts and hoses with this kit?

looks great btw
Spindle ducts would offer the best cooling with this kit. It's always better to blow on the rotor than at it. The car in the wind tunnel has the spindle ducts.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:32 PM
RCC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tray is rigid, but I can pull down on it and it pulls on the fascia. You could have a steel plate for an undertray and it's still going to pull down on the plastic fascia. That's just my opinion. The car in the wind tunnel test already had the reinforcement, so we couldn't test that. If somebody wants to do 150 without the reinforcement be my guest. The reinforcement is $234.
Info on the reinforcement? Will work with the ZR1 splitter?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by RCC
Info on the reinforcement? Will work with the ZR1 splitter?
The reinforcement is the GM part used on the ZR1. 25954152
Old 01-15-2010, 09:12 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Jason as you know I will be doing HPDE's where do I get it and what is the part number for the reinforcement piece?

Ernie O

(I've been well over 160 on some front and rear straights so no need to have issues.)
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by VRedZ06
Jason as you know I will be doing HPDE's where do I get it and what is the part number for the reinforcement piece?

Ernie O

(I've been well over 160 on some front and rear straights so no need to have issues.)
GM part number 25954152

We stock them, or at least try to but GM can't keep up with my orders. Or you can get them from any forum vendor.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

GM part number 25954152

We stock them, or at least try to but GM can't keep up with my orders. Or you can get them from any forum vendor.

Any currently in stock? If so just add it to my order and ship it all together. Thanks Jason.

Get notified of new replies

To Katech Carbon Fiber Splitter, Undertray, and Brake Duct PICS and PRE-ORDER

Old 01-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by VRedZ06
Any currently in stock? If so just add it to my order and ship it all together. Thanks Jason.
Currently backordered from GM but hopefully by the time your brake ducts are in we'll have more.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 PM
OliverM5
Melting Slicks

Does that undertray prevent air cooling of the radiator from underneath? What if you have an intercooler down there?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:06 PM
4wheels
Pro

Originally Posted by OliverM5
Does that undertray prevent air cooling of the radiator from underneath? What if you have an intercooler down there?
Stock, the Z's don't use any air from below for cooling the radiator, only the regular Vettes do this. If you're turbo'd with intercoolers down there then it looks like you'll need to do some custom fitting.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Katech Carbon Fiber Splitter, Undertray, and Brake Duct PICS and PRE-ORDER