Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Look! Cam special dyno results and also WIDOW cam sound clip

Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Look! Cam special dyno results and also WIDOW cam sound clip

Hello horsepower aficionados,

Here are a few dyno results from our current cam specials. The owners of these dyno have been nagging to post their results so here it is.

In case you are just tuning in, the cam special is comprised of the following:
· In shop: any cam installed and tuned for only $1,695. Includes cam, dual springs, new locks, new keepers, new seals and new retainers.*

· Mail order: for those who want to tackle the job themselves or if we are simply too far to make the drive, $60 OFF any cam kit plus FREE shipping and you pay only $50 for a “complete” cam tune with purchase of cam kit.*

Check out the attached dynos. Here is also a Widow cam clip for those looking for that wicked sound, great drivability

Thanks,
Carlos

Widow cam clip prior to tuning:
http://site.theair-charger.com/files/WidowcamIdle.MOV

*excludes Lucifer and Hell-Maker cams.
Attached Images     
Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 AM
HP ADDICT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you gonna do this in chicago?
Old 01-26-2010, 05:29 AM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Carlos,

how long will this special be going on? I could make the drive if it fits in my timeframe.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:25 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EX1
Carlos,

how long will this special be going on? I could make the drive if it fits in my timeframe.

Hello and thank you for your inquiry.

This sale has generated plenty of buzz and has kept us really busy these last few weeks. Initially, this sale was allotted through the end of January timeframe only but due to great turn out, it has been extended through the end of February. Who knows, if turn out continues at its current pace, we may run it through the end of March…no guarantees.

You can always book with a deposit and lock on the sale price in case you can't make it until much later.

Please feel free to reach me at the number below or PM/email me if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Carlos
(214) 491-8314
Old 01-26-2010, 10:23 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HP ADDICT
When you gonna do this in chicago?
Mr. HP Addict,

I can answer your question with a semi-lengthy explanation so you and others can fully understand.

The Chicago market is unique in its own right and this is why…

I spent plenty of time home [Chicago] this past summer and a better part of the month of December with business partners to assess our clientele flow. Chicago has always been a tough market for corvettes in terms of a one stop shop for modifications mainly due to climate and lower vettes volume vs. Dallas. In fact, the handful of vettes you see are pretty much toys; a 4 to maybe 6 months out of a year toy and that’s it.

It came to our realization that perhaps we ought to focus our energy and cost into the one market segment we have not seen a dip, the Mustangs. The Chicago market is flooded with late model Mustangs (’90 to present) and for the sake of maintaining a “in the black” business revenue stream, we decided maintain that strong grip and lend our resources in that high volume profitable segment.

However, not all is lost; we simply pass along vette request to the good folks at Speed Inc in Schaumburg, IL. Please feel free to call me and I can set you up in terms of our parts; I don’t have any say in their pricing menu. Every shop has their cost of operation and must operate at a profitable level.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Default QM600 vs. Black Widow cam

For those who called and PM regarding the Widow cam...yes, the Widow does soud like a QM600 but it drives a lot more civil and it is much easier to tune.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Slwsvt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,

That idle clip sounds familiar!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 PM
06-Z0SICK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Carlos, how come the Mamba makes peak HP from 540rwp (listed in your post) and 590rwp on your website?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:52 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 06-Z0SICK
Carlos, how come the Mamba makes peak HP from 540rwp (listed in your post) and 590rwp on your website?
Mr. Z0Sick,

The Mamba customer above only had the following mods: K&N, Beehive, VA scoop, LG 1 3/4 0headers w/cats. The Mamba customer on the site had: ARH /no cats, Ported FAST Intake/ T-Body, 60lbs injectors, aftermarket clutch, Killer Bee and VA scoop.

The biggest differences are the choices of intake manifolds and clutches. Another thing not mentioned, the customer above was also riding on 13” HRE wheels; those wheels are heavier than stock.

Also remember, every car is different! Case in point, about one month ago or so, a Widow customer in Chicago posted his Widow results of 550rwhp (LG headers with cats, Killer Bee and tuning)! That is only 33 ponies less than the Widow Cam customer above with more mods.

This is why I ALWAYS asks people NOT to compare themselves with others; instead, they should compare their modded results vs. their baseline and go from there.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Slwsvt
Pro

Originally Posted by 06-Z0SICK
I just picked up my Z from QM last week. We added a Black Widow, cleaned up the exhaust ports/milled on the heads. From the baseline (which had LG headers, FAST & tune) she picked up 100rwhp and 50ftlbs of torque.

Last edited by Slwsvt; 01-28-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:35 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Slwsvt
I just piced up my Z from QM last week. We added a Black Widow, cleaned up the exhaust ports/milled on the heads. From the baseline (which had LG headers, FAST & tune) she picked up 100rwhp and 50ftlbs of torque.
Correct

One thing Mr. Slwsvt did not mentioned, he was riding on heavy CCW wheels plus his stock clutch was pretty much toasted

Who knows, perhaps another 10 or 12 is sitting there with a new/lighter clutch kit and possibly another 8 to 10 with out those massive CCW/tires combo.

100 rear wheel horspower gains with cleaned-milled heads and a cam with tuning is stout!!!

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Slwsvt
Pro

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Correct

One thing Mr. Slwsvt did not mentioned, he was riding on heavy CCW wheels plus his stock clutch was pretty much toasted

Who knows, perhaps another 10 or 12 is sitting there with a new/lighter clutch kit and possibly another 8 to 10 with out those massive CCW/tires combo.

100 rear wheel horspower gains with cleaned-milled heads and a cam with tuning is stout!!!

Thanks,
Carlos
Yes, Carlos but the baseline pulls were done with the heavier wheels and the stock slipping clutch also. So, in theory those numbers could of gone up with stock wheels and a better clutch.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:51 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Slwsvt
Yes, Carlos but the baseline pulls were done with the heavier wheels and the stock slipping clutch also. So, in theory those numbers could of gone up with stock wheels and a better clutch.
True that.

However, it has been my experience that whenever you add power, any weak link gets exposed. For example, your weak stock clutch may last longer and perhaps not slip it all with simple mods, but once you add another 100rwhp and 50rwtq or more, that weak clutch will show its ugly face. It often happens early in the RPM band and sometimes throughout the pull or just on top. If possible, dyno your car right before the new cltuch and then after and see what happens

I personally don't put too much value on wheels, the most I've seen wheels rob is between 10 and 12 ponies...who cares!!! It looks better; I rather look good and sacrifice 10 ponies or so

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-30-2010, 07:09 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

I was forgetting to mention, you get all this plus:

A 1 year/12,000 miles warranty!!!

Did I say that too loud

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those who called and PM regarding the Widow cam...yes, the Widow does soud like a QM600 but it drives a lot more civil and it is much easier to tune.

Thanks,
Carlos
How is the power curve compared to QM600? See, I'm thinking of doing this swap...I want the power of the QM600 with the civility of the stock feel. Everytime I think I want to swap (driving very calm and normal) I then change my mind when I hit the gas.

I want the best of both worlds...can I have it?

You got one of these at the shop I can come by and have someone take me for a spin?

Jay
Old 01-30-2010, 01:39 PM
EVILNESS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Carlos knows what he is talking about i just layed out 602rwhp and 552 torque with the old trusteee qm600...
Old 01-31-2010, 06:50 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by crease-guard
How is the power curve compared to QM600? See, I'm thinking of doing this swap...I want the power of the QM600 with the civility of the stock feel. Everytime I think I want to swap (driving very calm and normal) I then change my mind when I hit the gas.

I want the best of both worlds...can I have it?

You got one of these at the shop I can come by and have someone take me for a spin?

Jay
Just call us or swing by for a sample amigo.

The best of all world is possible, however, the more aggressive you get, the less the balance of the two will be available.

Thanks,
Carlos

Get notified of new replies

To Look! Cam special dyno results and also WIDOW cam sound clip

Old 01-31-2010, 06:58 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Evilness
Carlos knows what he is talking about i just layed out 602rwhp and 552 torque with the old trusteee qm600...
Whenever the oldie but goodie QM600 cam is called upon, it simply delivers. The cam has been revised since 2006; many of the attributes many come to love still there.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-31-2010, 07:32 PM
LT5 John
Burning Brakes

Mr. HP Addict,

I can answer your question with a semi-lengthy explanation so you and others can fully understand.

The Chicago market is unique in its own right and this is why…

I spent plenty of time home [Chicago] this past summer and a better part of the month of December with business partners to assess our clientele flow. Chicago has always been a tough market for corvettes in terms of a one stop shop for modifications mainly due to climate and lower vettes volume vs. Dallas. In fact, the handful of vettes you see are pretty much toys; a 4 to maybe 6 months out of a year toy and that’s it.

It came to our realization that perhaps we ought to focus our energy and cost into the one market segment we have not seen a dip, the Mustangs. The Chicago market is flooded with late model Mustangs (’90 to present) and for the sake of maintaining a “in the black” business revenue stream, we decided maintain that strong grip and lend our resources in that high volume profitable segment.

However, not all is lost; we simply pass along vette request to the good folks at Speed Inc in Schaumburg, IL. Please feel free to call me and I can set you up in terms of our parts; I don’t have any say in their pricing menu. Every shop has their cost of operation and must operate at a profitable level.

Thanks,
Carlos
Carlos:
You should have opened shop in Florida. I bet there are more Vettes in Florida than TX and Chicago...
Old 02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by LT5 John
Carlos:
You should have opened shop in Florida. I bet there are more Vettes in Florida than TX and Chicago...

I know....it crossed my mind but many of my family members who live in Florida are not car folks. Besides, they're more into the exotics

Thanks,
Carlos

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Look! Cam special dyno results and also WIDOW cam sound clip