Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Hatch pull down

Old 03-24-2010, 08:25 AM
mikefili
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hatch pull down

I just bought an 08 2LZ with 3500 mi, the owners manual says to close the rear hatch and the automatic pull down will close it the rest of the way, that is not what is happening with mine, I have to slam it to close,
is there something I am doing wrong?
Old 03-24-2010, 08:27 AM
fiveodude
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

08's don't have a pull down. Open the drivers/passenger door and the hatch will easily shut with a 1' drop.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:02 AM
rpanesar
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

You don't even need to drop the hatch with the windows and door shut. I am able to shut it with a gentle push once it is in contact with the locking mechanism.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Hawkeye2
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If I know I am opening the hatch I always crack the window just a bit before closing,
makes it much easier. The pull down would have been nice, but alas.....
Old 03-24-2010, 11:29 AM
mikefili
Pro

Originally Posted by mikefili
I just bought an 08 2LZ with 3500 mi, the owners manual says to close the rear hatch and the automatic pull down will close it the rest of the way, that is not what is happening with mine, I have to slam it to close,
is there something I am doing wrong?
Wow, on page 2-14 of my 2008 Owners Manual it says

"Closing the Rear Compartment (Coupe)"
"To assist in closeing the rear compartment lid of your coupe, use the pocket on the underside of the lid, lower it until the power pull down latch feature activates and it will close the rest of the way and latch automatically."

Not that I care and would rather not have the auto pull down feature but does anyone have that feature as an option or part of a higher package?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:45 PM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefili
Wow, on page 2-14 of my 2008 Owners Manual it says

"Closing the Rear Compartment (Coupe)"
"To assist in closeing the rear compartment lid of your coupe, use the pocket on the underside of the lid, lower it until the power pull down latch feature activates and it will close the rest of the way and latch automatically."

Not that I care and would rather not have the auto pull down feature but does anyone have that feature as an option or part of a higher package?
'06-'08 Z06s did not come with that to save weight. The '09 ups do have it however....
I always open a door before I shut the hatch and it shuts fine....

Also that "(Coupe)" does not mean Z06... thats the standard C6.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:04 PM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Frank
'06-'08 Z06s did not come with that to save weight. The '09 ups do have it however....

Excellent post and right on
Old 03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkeye2
If I know I am opening the hatch I always crack the window just a bit before closing,
makes it much easier. The pull down would have been nice, but alas.....
I do the same. I also have the window valet, so I can drop my windows with 3 pushes of the unlock button on my fob.
I find it amazing that GM discontinued the hatch motor for 3 years even though they knew there was an issue with closing the hatch with the windows up.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:04 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by xcutter
I do the same. I also have the window valet, so I can drop my windows with 3 pushes of the unlock button on my fob.
I find it amazing that GM discontinued the hatch motor for 3 years even though they knew there was an issue with closing the hatch with the windows up.
Gotta save weight.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:54 PM
mikefili
Pro

Right you are! I guess they are refering to the non-Zo6 car.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:20 AM
ac6
Advanced

i have a 2010. just picked it up. sometimes the auto pull down works and sometimes it doesnt. defective? or is there a method to the madness? windows are down all the time.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:00 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

I had a 2005 coupe with the auto pull down latch. When I got my 2006 Z06 I really missed that feature, as well as the adjustable lumbar support and bolsters.

I installed a pair of seats from a regular C6 to get full power on the passenger side, and the adjustable lumbar/bolsters both sides.

I also installed an auto pull down latch. You can read about it in this thread (you have to scroll down to around post# 44 where I got the parts and finally did the installation):

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ear-hatch.html

Bob
Old 08-18-2010, 01:06 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by ac6
i have a 2010. just picked it up. sometimes the auto pull down works and sometimes it doesnt. defective? or is there a method to the madness? windows are down all the time.
If your windows are down all the time, then probably most of the time the auto pull down feature doesn't even need to work - the striker probably just goes all the way into the latch and it locks, without the need for the pull down to do anything.

I have my windows and doors closed most of the time when I'm closing my hatch, so the striker doesn't go deep enough into the latch to lock - it goes in just deep enough to activate the auto pull down feature.

Bob
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 PM
trapshooter6
4th Gear

Default 08 hatch pull down

My owner manual also states that the hatch has a auto pull down. Mine evidently does not but I can close the hatch by pushing down with one finger until the locking mechanism engages. This with the windows up. No need to slam it at all.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:23 PM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by trapshooter6
My owner manual also states that the hatch has a auto pull down. Mine evidently does not but I can close the hatch by pushing down with one finger until the locking mechanism engages. This with the windows up. No need to slam it at all.
Why are you bringing up an old thread? It's against the rules - should start a new thread.

FYI - the owners manual covers all models of the Corvette (at least it did in 06) - it is not specific to the Z06. So it will discuss features that are standard in other models but not present in the Z06.

Last edited by dmuellenberg; 05-01-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

this.

The hatch, whether you have auto down or man down, regardless, will close easier with a window open (cracked) or a door open.

I have a '10 and thought it did not work. the key is making sure the door or window open so pressure will not hamper the hatch closing. These cars (cabins) are sealed GOOD for the type of car it is.

Add: also the owners manual will say something like "Z06" models or "LS7" models since the manual covers ALL models.

Last edited by tim414; 05-01-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by xcutter
It just shows how obsessed Dave Hill and his team were with getting every possible pound out of the Z06 for the best possible power-to-weight ratio
at its introduction. Other than the alloy frame no one thing saved more than a few pounds, even those expensive carbon fiber fenders. Getting down
to 3132 pounds required deleting things and limiting options. Then after the C6 Z06's fantastic reputation for performance was established (and Dave
Hill retired) more equipment and options were allowed each year.

Get notified of new replies

To Hatch pull down

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Hatch pull down