Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone still have the Lingenfelter CAI template?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Anyone still have the Lingenfelter CAI template?

I purchased a Lingenfelter Cold air induction for my 2008 Z06. They did not have the template to perform the installation on the Radiator shroud to cut out and drill it. Plus if anyone knows the size of the little push pins i'm sure I can get cheaper at the local hardware store would be greatly appreciated aswell.

FYI for those that know me... i'm not giving up on the 10.99999s with no modifications but figured I'll stick the cold air kit on and catback to tide me over for the summer and run around on the CCW drag pack. Then i can easily return the car back to 100% stock and try again next year. At this point i'm going to say its to warm to achieve my goal already this spring. Stuck with 11.0 so close right now

Any tips on the install would be nice aswell on the cold air. If theres a way to get away with not removing the oil cooler would be nice also.

Thank you
Bruce
Old 04-06-2010, 12:38 PM
C5kid
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Here I dug this up for ya. I would set your printer scale to 1:1.43849 if your printing on 8½x11 and 1:.84832 if your printing on 11x17, also set it to monochrome neutral and ONLY use a reverse loading printer to get it centered properly.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by C5kid
Here I dug this up for ya. I would set your printer scale to 1:1.43849 if your printing on 8½x11 and 1:.84832 if your printing on 11x17, also set it to monochrome neutral and ONLY use a reverse loading printer to get it centered properly.

OK Thats great... PRINT THAT OUT DUSTIN and bringer down!!!!!!!!! Cause you know what will happen when I do that! I'll have the intake in upside down and full of water and milk.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:37 AM
secrt0007agt
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I know it has been a long time, but do either of you still have the template or measurements for cutting the shroud? Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by C5kid

Old 11-25-2014, 10:00 AM
0rgledhill@LPE
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by secrt0007agt
I know it has been a long time, but do either of you still have the template or measurements for cutting the shroud? Thanks in advance
Was the kit purchased new? if so, then the template should be in the box. If not, we have them available for purchase or attached is the CAD file.

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 11-25-2014, 10:28 AM
secrt0007agt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '15

Thanks much Ryan, I have found a couple units still on the shelf at a vendor and I thought I might try to do some pre-cutting before purchasing, but I think I might as well just buy the shoud already cutout from you guys. Thanks again

PS. The CAI's are hard to find for the LS2 Magnuson setup

Originally Posted by rgledhill@LPE
Was the kit purchased new? if so, then the template should be in the box. If not, we have them available for purchase or attached is the CAD file.

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 11-25-2014, 08:18 PM
secrt0007agt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '15

I am a little confused on the CAI for a LS2 Corvette with a Magnuson 112. As I mentioned, I found a vendor with a Lingenfelter CAI, Model # L650129105 which indicates (according to the vendor) it is the right one for my application. I contacted Lingenfelter today and I think I ordered the correct Pre-cut Shroud for the above CAI. I was told by Lingenfelter that the correct model Pre-cut shroud was the same model number as the CAI with a "SC" on the end of the model number. I noticed Lingenfelter lists about 3 different Pre-cut shrouds, none of which were L650129105-SC. The shroud Model 10305278SC is listed as the one to work with CAI L650129105. The model numbers don't match was I was told?

I wish you could double check my order (Roger Grubb) I made today to ensure I have ordered the correct shroud. Thanks in advance. RG

Originally Posted by rgledhill@LPE

Thank you,
Ryan

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone still have the Lingenfelter CAI template?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone still have the Lingenfelter CAI template?