Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Lets here your Vette "Haters"stories!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 PM
06-Z0SICK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Lets here your Vette "Haters"stories!

I hate people that get jealous and become haters against us that drive nice cars (Z06's). Ive had the finger tossed at me, ive had someone yell "A$$hole", and today i had someone chirp me because i scraped the bottom of my car and laughing. This **** aggrevates the hell out of me but i guess i should ignore it, im sure being 21 doesnt help much either. What are some of your "hater" stories?

Last edited by 06-Z0SICK; 04-23-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:38 PM
JDRacing
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 06-Z0SICK
I hate people that get jealous and become haters against us that drive nice cars (Z06's). Ive had the finger tossed at me, ive had someone yell "A$$hole", and today i had someone chirp me because i scraped the bottom of my car and laughing. This **** aggrevates the hell out of me and makes me want to kill someone, im sure being 21 doesnt help much either. What are some of your "hater" stories?
Point of clarification: Are you saying that being 21 is the reason why people are jealous; or that being 21 is the reason why it makes you want to kill someone?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:40 PM
06-Z0SICK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JDRacing
Point of clarification: Are you saying that being 21 is the reason why people are jealous; or that being 21 is the reason why it makes you want to kill someone?
i think the jealous part, seeing some young punk driving around in a Z06
Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

what does chirp you mean?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:43 PM
JDRacing
Drifting

Originally Posted by 06-Z0SICK
i think the jealous part, seeing some young punk driving around in a Z06
Thanks. I was actually guessing both.

At 55 years old, I get nothing but thumbs up and admiring nods from people driving next to me in my ZR1. And even if they flipped me off, I don't think it would occur to me to want to kill someone over it.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:04 PM
06-Z0SICK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dvandentop
what does chirp you mean?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chirp
Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 PM
1stZ
Drifting

Oh to be young! Enjoy your time in the car. With all of the things going on around, you choose to focus your attention on those people "chirping" on you. I'm confident that those people are the minority. I'm sure there's more people admiring your car. Focus on those & enjoy the car.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:46 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Driving in town a few months ago in the Z06 with my wife, a guy was coming toward me in the other lane and was waving and giving me a thumbs up......THEN we he got next to us....Two Middle Fingers come out.

Oh well, he was driving a Corolla and I wasn't ...so I win
Old 04-24-2010, 12:04 AM
EXCELR8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what the OP was referring too was the stigma that sometimes comes with driving a vette. I think we would all agree it portrays an image of wealth, success, and can be mistaken for even arrogance.

I pulled up to a red light and had the local sign holding panhandler glaring at me. I knew what he was thinking: "Because you own such a prestigous car certainly you have more than enough and you owe me". I sometimes contribute in the right situation but choose not too. When the light turned green and I began on my way, he flipped me off and called me an a**hole, which pissed me off for a moment, then I realized how blessed I was and was grateful for not being in the same situation, ever! The benefits of driving such a nice car can be challenging sometimes, just remember to give thanks and be grateful.

Last edited by EXCELR8; 04-24-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Stars_Fan
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I got a thumbs up today from some little boy. I was leaving LG and he was in the shop with his dad. I gave him a nice 2nd gear burnout pulling onto the highway.

People have been really cool and I'm in my 20's. Well except my next door neighbor.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Adam D
Instructor

I just turned 28 and I somewhat agree with the statements. Being young and driving these vettes gives off a stigma that some people dont like. I never drive my car to see clients in fact only a few know I have it and they are clients that love cars or have more expensive ones then the vette. Lets face it, this car draws attention to it no matter what. When some people see a younger person they believe we should not have the right to drive it. I constantly fight with this myself. I work hard seven days a week to drive the cars I do. I choose to spend my money on my cars and not other things. At the same time I try to remember that some do not like this so I am as respectful as I can be when I am driving it.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
NJ Vette Guy
Burning Brakes

In life, no matter where you go or who you are, you'll be bound to run into a$$holes.....

It doesn't matter how young or old you are, it's just the law of averages working against you. You've got got three choices:

1) Sink to their level and join them.... Show them how much of an a$$hole you can be too.

2) Point it out to them that they are being an a$$hole and hope it sinks in... Good luck with that one.

3) Maintain a dignified attitude and stand above them..... Nothing pisses off an a$$hole more than being ignored.

Trust me, I'm an ultra "A" type personality and it's not an easy thing to opt out for number three, but age and wisdom is showing me more of the world.

Enjoy driving your ride.....
Old 04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
utownal
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NJ Vette Guy
In life, no matter where you go or who you are, you'll be bound to run into a$$holes.....

It doesn't matter how young or old you are, it's just the law of averages working against you. You've got got three choices:

1) Sink to their level and join them.... Show them how much of an a$$hole you can be too.

2) Point it out to them that they are being an a$$hole and hope it sinks in... Good luck with that one.

3) Maintain a dignified attitude and stand above them..... Nothing pisses off an a$$hole more than being ignored.

Trust me, I'm an ultra "A" type personality and it's not an easy thing to opt out for number three, but age and wisdom is showing me more of the world.

Enjoy driving your ride.....
Old 04-24-2010, 10:03 AM
gtofast
Instructor

Guys, I turn 21 this week. Just bought a 08' Z06. But when I'm in my car, it does not matter what everyone else thinks. I have always had nice cars, nsx, 3 vettes, 2 gtos, 08 f250. People my whole life have been jealous and hating. Rather they say it or just look at me with that, "how can he afford that look" You have to overlook the haters throughout life. There are a lot when we drive nice cars. And the only time that you should get all pissed off is if someone touches your car, then its time to fight!
Steve
Old 04-24-2010, 10:18 AM
LMBTom
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, never really had this issue (31 years old, but look a good 5 years younger). Even the bums/beggars at the red lights, who I refuse to give money to, seem to like me and my car. Though I do basically ignore everyone else... Not driving a vette to be cool, driving it because it is cool
Old 04-24-2010, 10:28 AM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Strange. I get nothing but compliments. Maybe you need to move down here.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:37 AM
IANIL8
Racer

Man thats life some people have such deep rooted problems they act out on others... sad really... At times it worries me to drive the car and park without having an eye on it... I can tell you this through my short 32 years on this earth surround yourself with good friends/family and enjoy the fruits of your labor with the ones you love...

Get notified of new replies

To Lets here your Vette "Haters"stories!

Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Larry T
Racer

...I was sitting at a red light one day and a Low Rider full of brothas pulled up next to me, they all glanced at me and the driver window slowly lowered...before it was completely open I looked him straight in the eye and said "nice ride"...he got the biggest grin on, his buds were laughing and we both rolled away giving the "thumbs up...
Old 04-24-2010, 10:44 AM
blaine123
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Most people love Vettes, but there are the ignorant and uneducated group that has to come up and say "that must get horrible gas mileage." While they are driving an SUV....

or

the old jealousy comment. "He just has a little peni$, and thats why he has to drive a car like that."

or

I don't need a car like that since I don't need to speed. Later they blow by you on the interstate going 90 mph in a minivan full of kids.

And you always have to be careful of the Hard Core haters that will damage you vehicle if it is unattended in a parking lot. I never drive my car anywhere without my firearm.

Viper owners get this negative attention even worse.

I drive my Z06 because I love sports cars, and the Z06 is one of the best bangs for the buck for all around performance.

Doesn't matter what you OWN or LIKE. There will ALWAYS be people out there that will hate.

Last edited by blaine123; 04-24-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:50 AM
30YR W8T
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

The ones that give me the most crap are the truck and BMW crowd. The truck guys always have to go by and pull in front of you and the BMW guys that are the A holes either ride on your rear or go by at Mach 1 speeds....Woman won't do this, or have not in my experience, it is always the guys.

Now on the other hand, many others driving some really nice cars will pull up next to you, check out the car while smiling and give you the thumbs up or the woman will just smile and wave. I have had a few Porsche fans ask me "why did you buy the POS instead of a Porsche?" I just say the insurance was cheaper.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Lets here your Vette "Haters"stories!