Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] OMG...Come On Maaaannn...More Dealership Woes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:05 AM
blaine123
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

My Z06 is scared of GM dealers and is relieved the warranty has run out.

Good luck on getting the dealer to admit they did it and the damage was not there when they received it.

Before dropping an expensive car off to be worked on... good idea to video the condition of the entire care to include the mileage before hand.

He said VS He said... will not hold up in court.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

WTF...this outfit GAVE you back your car looking like that???

Can understand how an imbecile could wreck the rockers, more informed owners ('round here, BTW) have accidentally done this.
But HTF does one mess up calipers, unless they were literally trying.

Going to be interesting hearing how this outfit handles your complaint.
Any dealer who'd return one of Chevrolet's premiere products to a customer in such deplorable condition, nevermind 30+ days for the needed work, is probaby the same kind who'll try weaseling out of responsibility by insisting you caused the damage. Good grief.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:18 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
this is inexcusable.

Sickening, the TECH that did the work and Service Manager should be fired for allowing this to happen and then not inspect the car and do the right thing and make it right before they returned the car to you.

Did I miss it? What's the name and location of the dealer?

I’d go so far as to send your CF threads on this nightmare to the General Manager/Owner directly with copies to GM.

There is NO EXCUSE for this and I hope the dealer rectifies their mistakes to your satisfaction.

Tom
Old 06-15-2010, 08:41 AM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry to hear it.... but I am not at all surprised!! I hate to trash Chevys service practices as I am sure there is at least one good dealership in the US... My car got scratched on the fender, seat, console, spoiler, roof and the door jam all on different visits to three different dealers for warranty work. They also under filled the oil with just 6 quarts on two occasions at two different dealers. The saddest part of the whole thing is when I bought the car the dealers GM told me being I was buying the most expensive Chevy ever (at that time) He would see to it I got top notch service...The two times I called him about the poor service, he never returned my call! SAD!!
I went to different dealers thinking the service would be better and it wasnt!!!

They are going to offer to repaint the calipers.... dont do it. They will mess them up for sure!!!! Demand new ones. I know two Z06 guys that this has happened to. One had them painted (bad) the other demanded new ones and got them. The other panel, just make sure they paint it off the car!!!! GOODLUCK!!!!

PS I tried to warn you about the calipers too... I understand you just wanted the car back and on quick inspection it looked good. I hate to say it, the more you look the car over you might find a few other little things wrong...
Check out post 30 in this thread.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...agnosis-2.html

Last edited by C5 Frank; 06-15-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 AM
gpuglisi
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Another wonderful Chevy service story. Chevy dealers were my biggest hesitation in buying another Corvette. And I know others that simply refuse to buy one for the same reason, it sucks.

I hope you get it worked out to your satisfaction. Of course there is no compensation for the time lost with your car.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:08 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by C5 Frank
Sorry to hear it.... but I am not at all surprised!! I hate to trash Chevys service practices as I am sure there is at least one good dealership in the US... My car got scratched on the fender, seat, console, spoiler, roof and the door jam all on different visits to three different dealers for warranty work. They also under filled the oil with just 6 quarts on two occasions at two different dealers. The saddest part of the whole thing is when I bought the car the dealers GM told me being I was buying the most expensive Chevy ever (at that time) He would see to it I got top notch service...The two times I called him about the poor service, he never returned my call! SAD!!
I went to different dealers thinking the service would be better and it wasnt!!!

They are going to offer to repaint the calipers.... dont do it. They will mess them up for sure!!!! Demand new ones. I know two Z06 guys that this has happened to. One had them painted (bad) the other demanded new ones and got them. The other panel, just make sure they paint it off the car!!!! GOODLUCK!!!!

PS I tried to warn you about the calipers too... I understand you just wanted the car back and on quick inspection it looked good. I hate to say it, the more you look the car over you might find a few other little things wrong...
Check out post 30 in this thread.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...agnosis-2.html

I took your advice the first time and warned them about it and they still did it..FYI.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:10 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

They are looking at it, but have already started saying that they did not do it. There are no words to describe how mad I am. I am going to take it to the next level with GM customer service after I hear back from them and they tell me what I know they will say.

As far as the oil leak goes, I do admit that it is probably left over from the work and got trapped int he millions of structures under the engine....it will probably drip for weeks, though they are going to clean it up again.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:50 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by beden1
Can you share the name and location of the dealer?
I will do so depending on the outcome. IF they make a good faith effort then I am fine...if not....well....
Old 06-15-2010, 02:00 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

avoid the dealers at all possible.....but if you can't, when you drop the car off, have the service rep with you, have a camera, take pics of the ody, the fuel level, the body panels, everything regardless if the area is there for service or not. Make him walk with you as you take the photos.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:26 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

The rocker panel thing doesn't surprise me. I was getting my oil changed (not at the stealership) and I saw it with my own eyes how to arms that go under the car from the hoist literally punctured a hole in the rocker panel.

It's was fixed but boy was I pissed!

GL!!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:09 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Does anyone have Geoff Allen's phone number at GM Customer service?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:12 PM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LowFlight
I took your advice the first time and warned them about it and they still did it..FYI.
WOW... that makes it even worse!!!! I do feel your pain!!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Kaldar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work as a corvette tech apprentice at a chevy dealer. the corvette master tech and myself are the only two allowed to work on corvettes, and mistakes like that rarely happen with us as we take EXTREME care of our customers cars whether it be a Z06, a base corvette or a dogged out piece of ****.

If i make a mistake, which sometimes does happen (who doesn't make mistakes in the automobile business) i tell the service advisor and we go from there.

We also have low profile lifts for the corvettes and use hockey pucks to sandwich between the frame and the lift arm.

It really irritates me that these kind of things happen. I wouldn't take my corvette to any dealer where there isn't a specific corvette tech, one who actually 'knows' a thing or two about them is important too.

I would definitely demand new a caliper as that is unacceptable.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:24 PM
LT5 John
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am totaly speechles reading this thread...I thought things like this were an isolated incident...it seems there are more and more of these nighmare stories poping up...I wonder what the dealer would do id you walked into his show room with a bat and caved in the fenders of a new vette on the show room floor, and said "NOW WHERE EVEN"...
Old 06-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Doc V.
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

No one should experience the troubles that you, LowFlight, and some others who have posted in this thread have experienced. When we take our cars--whether they're Corvettes or Aveos--to GM dealerships, we expect that our cars will be returned in exactly the same condition in which we left them.

You trusted the dealership with your property, and the dealership violated that trust.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:50 PM
roSSco
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I am so thankful I can turn a wrench and have another car to drive if the Z should go down.

Best of luck!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:55 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by roSSco
I am so thankful I can turn a wrench and have another car to drive if the Z should go down.

Best of luck!
I have my truck back now, so I have something to drive.

Be thankful since you don't live far from the dealership in question.

Get notified of new replies

To OMG...Come On Maaaannn...More Dealership Woes...

Old 06-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Superproducer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is just completely unacceptable It doesn't matter if it's a Corvette or a Cavalier. If the dealership screws up, they should fess up. I've had it happen before on service visits and of course they don't mention it, it's up to you to find it and call them on it. I think you can always assume they will deny. Hope you get some satisfaction
Old 06-16-2010, 09:13 AM
QwikC
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LowFlight
Dealer kept my car for a MONTH to replace my lifters and camshaft.

I finally get it back and look at this...

BOTH front calipers are beat up......

AND

They cracked the rocker panel that runs along the bottom of the passenger side right in front of the right rear tire...I am fed the Fck Up.

I have to go pick up my truck that I left there in the morning....I will chew some *** then.....

Please tell me they can get a new rockerpanel and paint it and then put it on the car rather than keeping the car for another week just to do it. Let alone the calipers.....
100% dereliction; absolutely a lack of care.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Sargevette
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be raising holy hell. I would demand they replace the whole damn car. How can you have faith in the repairs that were done now?

Quick Reply: [Z06] OMG...Come On Maaaannn...More Dealership Woes...