Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] OMG...Come On Maaaannn...More Dealership Woes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default OMG...Come On Maaaannn...More Dealership Woes...

SEE UPDATE

Dealer kept my car for a MONTH to replace my lifters and camshaft.

I finally get it back and look at this...

BOTH front calipers are beat up......

AND

They cracked the rocker panel that runs along the bottom of the passenger side right in front of the right rear tire...I am fed the Fck Up.

I have to go pick up my truck that I left there in the morning....I will chew some *** then.....

Please tell me they can get a new rockerpanel and paint it and then put it on the car rather than keeping the car for another week just to do it. Let alone the calipers.....

UPDATE 7/2/2010

In addition to the damage above, they bent my driver front wheel from the inside. It is obvious that it was done in the shop rather than hitting a pothole. There is a large gash on the inside lip of the wheel. I took the wheel to a friend who has the right Hunter machine and also knows how to use it. The damn wheel and tire roadforced out at 46lbs. It was perfect when I brought it to them, I ought to know, I put new tires on the car myself (my Dad is a Goodyear dealer) and it roadforced out at 15lbs. Josh and I managed to get it down to 29lbs and jsut to make sure, we moved it to the passenger side. The vibration moved with the tire/wheel.

So, I took the car back up to the dealer, they took it off and told me that the wheel was within spec. Hmmmmm...well, what about the big fcking bend in the wheel? Oh, well it is still in spec and we did not do that. Really? No surprise there considering they never admitted to the damage above. In addition, I find it interesting that the wheel that was screwed up, was also the same left front that had a damaged caliper. This guy even said the problem was that I static instead of dynamic balanced the wheel. Hey dumbass (you with the gimp leg) IT WAS DYNAMIC BALANCED, THE MACHINE ONLY CALLED FOR WEIGHT ON ONE SIDE!!!

So, the guy who makes these decisions was on vacation last week and came back this Monday, after leaving a few voicemails, he finally calls me back tonight saying they will do nothing because they did not cause any of the damage and fixed the calipers and rocker panel as a courtesy. Of course, those of you who know me, know I keep my car as close to perfection as possible. I could see I would get nowhere with this guy. Bottom line, they won't admit fault. Makes me sick, so here is the deal.......

NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO CHUCK HUTTON CHEVROLET IN MEMPHIS, TN FOR ANY REASON. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR CAR AND WILL DESTROY IT. DON'T BUY SO MUCH AS A VALVE STEM CAP (which they did not put back on mine).

Recap:

Brought car in for engine repair. What took 10 hours by the book, they kept the car for a month to the day. Horrible communication, my service agent was an idiot. Got the car back with two damaged front calipers, and a buster rocker panel and a bent wheel.

Total time in the shop 1 1/2 month

Last edited by LowFlight; 07-02-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

BTW...the car is leaking some oil on the garage floor....but that could be leftover form the engine pull.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:20 PM
slappy3347
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

That's terrible. I'm so sorry that happened to your car. I've seen so many stories where a GM dealership lifted the car and ruined the rocker panels. Why don't they know how to do this? You would think that would be part of the most basic training for a GM technician. I hope you can get this issue resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Bastards.

I do have to wonder how they managed to fsck your caliper up though... weird.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:29 PM
longdaddy
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i'd be looking into the lemon law or at least start talking with regional GM rep about proper compensation at this point. with fixing the body panels, that's way to long to have the dealership hold onto the car you paid for (I am assuming they did not give you another corvette as a loaner...)

i know in CA if they have your car for over 30 days for repairs, you get a new car, although this may be limited to the first few years of ownership.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:35 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Major bummer. I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They scratched calipers when they droped the cradel.That rocker isn't a easy job. Is there a meat cleaver hanging from their sign? Cause that is a Butcher shop.good luck wit your car.Nothing should be leaking either.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:17 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Luweegy
They scratched calipers when they droped the cradel.That rocker isn't a easy job. Is there a meat cleaver hanging from their sign? Cause that is a Butcher shop.good luck wit your car.Nothing should be leaking either.
this is inexcusable.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 PM
69dodgecharger
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow,

you know its one thing to have a tech make a mistake, be honest and tell the service writer about it so that you are informed of the issue...... everyone makes mistakes.

However to have this happen..... on a zo6 of all cars, and then nothing is said about the damages? I guess I could see them overlooking the caliper scratches but the rocker panel..... Did they really think that you wouldn't notice that?

Hope you get it all fixed on their dime. Sux that it was the rocker panel, would have been much much easier to deal with if it was a fender. Rockers have to be cut off then the new one glued in place. I'd be pissed
Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

yup time to call GM customer serive 800 number and open a claim.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:52 PM
160KTS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe that. I would think that a dealership would have the training and common sense to know how to lift these cars on a lift in a safe manner even though they are much lower than a standard car. I can understand how they may not have noticed the brake calipers (maybe they screwed up putting wheels on? I don't know why they would have the wheels off though. But the rocker panel is inexcusable by all accounts, I would take that up with GM immediately, start with the shop manager or whatever, then district then go to cooperate if your issue isn't resolved. You paid way too much money for that kind of **** to happen.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 PM
augydog
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Unfortunately, what happened to your car doesn't surprise me at all.

Your car was at the dealership for a month.

Before you go back to pick up your truck, go over the car with a fine tooth comb, inside and out.

I wish you the best, you sure as hell deserve it after what you've been though.

augydog
Old 06-14-2010, 10:21 PM
kenneyd
Instructor

I hope your delaer can paint...

Im still going at it with my dealer
Roof recall, I started the proccess back on a May 3rd, and I still dont have a working, driveable car. although the dealer hasn't kept it the whole time, its either had the roof off or improperly installed the whole time rendering it impractically undriveable. It on its 3rd roof and 4th paint job as well. about 20+ hours and 350 miles of driving invested.... suppose to be done tomorrow fingers crossed.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

They are going to fix the car, there is no reason why they shouldn't...none of that was like that when I brought it in.

What pisses me off is that they will keep the car longer than nessesary as usual. They will keep the car and order the parts which will take a few days...then they will fck around for a few days and then maybe get around to fixing it. I would rather they order the parts, paint them, get everything cleared off the schedule of those working on it and THEN...give me a cal to bring it up there to the butcher shop. No way in hell are they getting a positive review in the survey. I wish I could take it to another dealer, but I know I am stuck with this one due to it being their screwup.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:19 PM
kenneyd
Instructor

Originally Posted by LowFlight
They are going to fix the car, there is no reason why they shouldn't...none of that was like that when I brought it in.

What pisses me off is that they will keep the car longer than nessesary as usual. They will keep the car and order the parts which will take a few days...then they will fck around for a few days and then maybe get around to fixing it. I would rather they order the parts, paint them, get everything cleared off the schedule of those working on it and THEN...give me a cal to bring it up there to the butcher shop. No way in hell are they getting a positive review in the survey. I wish I could take it to another dealer, but I know I am stuck with this one due to it being their screwup.

My dealer tried twice to paint a body panel (roof, see story above) , and instead messed up the orignal panel, and the adjacent panel. After the 2nd time and it looked worse then the 1st, i simply told him " You proved to me your incompetent... its going to XXXX body shop, your paying for it and for a rental"
And they agreed... $1700 tab for them.

take it elsewhere and make sure its agreed they are paying. file with the BBB and GM CS.... that will motovate them to do whatever you need/want to make it right. be advised they will put you in a cheapy car, i have a cobalt at first, i offed a good compromise of the 2nd time for a full size.

Last edited by kenneyd; 06-14-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:46 PM
vettluver
Instructor

WOW! That kind of workmanship isn't expected from a GM dealer. Best of luck sorting this out.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:12 AM
beden1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you share the name and location of the dealer?

Get notified of new replies

To OMG...Come On Maaaannn...More Dealership Woes...

Old 06-15-2010, 02:07 AM
LEE427
V10LEE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn I would be pissed if that happened to my car..
Old 06-15-2010, 02:25 AM
longdaddy
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you need to start talking to GM about compensating you for the loss of use. at the least, it will get GM talking to their dealer about his practices.

Originally Posted by LowFlight
Old 06-15-2010, 07:54 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by beden1
Can you share the name and location of the dealer?

Originally Posted by LEE427
Damn I would be pissed if that happened to my car..

Originally Posted by longdaddy
you need to start talking to GM about compensating you for the loss of use. at the least, it will get GM talking to their dealer about his practices.
It's amazing how GM practices. They end up losing more money by fixing mistakes rather than preventing them. Very common among most GM dealers.

Quick Reply: [Z06] OMG...Come On Maaaannn...More Dealership Woes...