Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS7 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
PFYC

Old 06-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Victory07
CF Senior Member

Default Rear view mirror courtesy lights won't turn off

The two small courtesy lights on my rear view mirror won't shut off on my 07 Z06.

I've tried playing with the on/off buttons on the lights, but that doesn't fix it.

I've also tried turning off the master switch for the courtesy lights and that doesn't fix it either.

Just called the dealership and the car is out of warranty by a few months.

Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? GM wants $100 just to look at it.
Victory07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
cyi1
CF Senior Member

Check the courtesy fuse on the passenger side. Lift the end of the floor mats where the feet rest. I blew the courtesy fuse 3 times somehow so i picked up a 5pack of fuses
cyi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
diverdan
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I had mine stay on a couple of times, until I realized that I needed to push the **** on the dash to the left of the steering wheel.

It sounds like you've done that already.

2009 Blade Silver Metallic Z06 - 2LZ, Halltech Killer Bee/Bee Hive CAI, Corsa X-Pipe, Muffler Mod, M2W, CAGS Defeat, Elite Engineering Tunnel Plate, CCA Catch Can, PAL, Dynamat/Madvette/Blockit Insulation kits, APSIS Front Splash Guards, HID Fogs, LED Upgrades, BA Speaker Upgrades
2012 Graphite Shadow Infiniti G37XS, HID Fogs

2007 Arctic Silver Porsche Carrera S - Gone
2002 Quicksilver Z06 - Gone
2002 Black C-5 Coupe - Gone
2005 Black CTS-V - Gone
2004 Red GTO - Gone

diverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Victory07
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
I had mine stay on a couple of times, until I realized that I needed to push the **** on the dash to the left of the steering wheel.

It sounds like you've done that already.
Yep, tried it.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
SDF
CF Senior Member

Default Lights

I had the exact same problem with my 07Z. I fortunately have a good friend that works at the local chevrolet dealer. He brought home his scan tool and reset one of the settings in the computer. All is well now.....
SDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
Victory07
CF Senior Member

ok so I just went out to the garage again and by some miracle they turned off.

to be continued.........
Old 06-26-2010, 02:19 AM   #7
Vette5.5
CF Senior Member

Hopefully they went off on their own properly, but maybe just on the battery run down protection circuit after about 10 minute's. You'll find out when you open the door again. Many of here had a similar problem, but it was only the little push button.
Vette5.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:52 AM   #8
cyi1
CF Senior Member

oops sorry i saw this post on my phone and completely read the title wrong. thought you couldn't turn them on lol.

hope you figured out the problem though...
cyi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
BGAndrea
CF Member

Send a message via AIM to BGAndrea

My car is doing this right now. I'm going outside to push the button again and will update.
BGAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #10
tim414
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory07 View Post
ok so I just went out to the garage again and by some miracle they turned off.

to be continued.........
They shut off after couple mins. I had the same thing happen. Make sure the botton on left side steering wheel was pushed to correct position/setting, then close doors and they will go off in few minutes. Make sure they are off at mirror to.
tim414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:39 AM   #11
ErnieD
CF Senior Member

The push-on/push-off buttons at the mirror and the Instrument Panel Brightness **** that is just above your knee on the left side of the dash are interconnected. If either one is set to turn the lights on, the lights will be on -- both need to be set to off to get those lights to go out. Try this:
1) Make sure both push-on/push-off buttons at the mirror are set to "off". This is the switch position where the button protrudes from the mirror the least.
2) Jump out of the car and close the door. Use your remote to lock the car doors -- the mirror lights should start dimming immediately and be out in a couple of seconds. If not, do step 3).
3) Press the Instrument Panel Brightness **** (left side of the dash), then repeat step 2). All should be good now.

Who would have thought turning a light off would be this complicated. Hope your problem is solved.

Ernie
ErnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #12
Andydp
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkn 07 View Post
Who would have thought turning a light off would be this complicated. Hope your problem is solved.

Ernie

I had the same problem.

I now have a sticky note pasted in my Owner's Manual at the "Mirror lights" section: Button in = off

I had the lights stay on last week. Fortunately, I learned from this board to push the dash lights dimmer control **** before panicking; this is the button/**** left of the steering wheel. This shut the lights off immediately. I must have hit it with my knee.
Andydp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #13
sengli
CF Senior Member

Same problem one time...found out I must have hit that button with my knee and didnt realize it.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
andy82
CF Senior Member

andy.hoepfner
Send a message via AIM to andy82

Quote:

2) Jump out of the car and close the door. Use your remote to lock the car doors -- the mirror lights should start dimming immediately and be out in a couple of seconds. If not, do step 3).
Works also if you don't jump, just saying

andy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:36 AM   #15
deimosreign

Quote:
The push-on/push-off buttons at the mirror and the Instrument Panel Brightness **** that is just above your knee on the left side of the dash are interconnected. If either one is set to turn the lights on, the lights will be on -- both need to be set to off to get those lights to go out. Try this:
1) Make sure both push-on/push-off buttons at the mirror are set to "off". This is the switch position where the button protrudes from the mirror the least.
3) Press the Instrument Panel Brightness **** (left side of the dash), then repeat step 2). All should be good now.

Ernie

Thank you so much!!! I just had the issue with my 08 Z and I solved it with this very post.

Gotta love the forums!!
deimosreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:45 AM   #16
VictoryRedZ06
CF Senior Member

LOLZ! You too! Drove me nuts thinking it would drain the battery, you have to make sure first that the lights are off which is with the buttons pushed out not in, if I remember correctly and then I pushed the button on the left side below the steering wheel a few times that also controls the lights for the pedals....smh
VictoryRedZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:45 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page Rear view mirror courtesy lights won't turn off