Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] mild to wild problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 11:16 PM
ryguy84
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mild to wild problem

I had my battery disconnected for a few weeks while I worked on installing my new stereo.
When I started the car the remotes wont close the exhaust nor will my homelink that I programmed before.
Any thoughts on what I could do?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:33 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by ryguy84
I had my battery disconnected for a few weeks while I worked on installing my new stereo.
When I started the car the remotes wont close the exhaust nor will my homelink that I programmed before.
It takes engine vacuum to close the valves. When the car is shut down, the valves are open because there's no vacuum being applied to the solenoids that close the valves. Normally, they close when the engines starts.

So.....I suspect it's not your M2W, but rather a vacuum problem.

I had the same issue a couple years ago and thought it was my M2W and did all kinds of trouble shooting. I finally figured out that the vacuum line in the engine bay had split, so no vacuum was getting back to the solenoids to close the valves.

My vacuum leak was in the back of the engine compartment - when you open the hood, there's a line kind of right down from the driver's windshield wiper. There's a 90 degree plug that has tubing connected to it, and the tubing had split. There's a piece of corrugated plastic sheath covering the rubber tubing, so it's hard to see if it's loose or split.

I've also heard of other owners having problems with the vacuum line coming off a solenoid in the back.

I'd say check the vacuum lines to see if one has come off or is leaking.

Good luck!!

Bob
Old 06-26-2010, 11:33 PM
ryguy84
Pro

Also when I reinstall the orginal fuse it closes so its not a vaccum problem. I think it might be a grounding problem since I removed the bose amp.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:58 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Oh......never mind!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 AM
ryguy84
Pro

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Oh......never mind!!!
think it could be a grounding issue?
Old 06-27-2010, 11:24 PM
ISeeRed
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryguy84
You know that thing bugged me that it would always open up every time you shut the car back off and I had to shut it every time I wanted it quiet. I ripped it back out and just wired my own tiny switch under the dash. Now, it works like normal all of the time unless I flip the switch. When I flip the switch it's open and throaty, when I don't it works just like stock......

Last edited by ISeeRed; 06-28-2010 at 08:48 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To mild to wild problem

Quick Reply: [Z06] mild to wild problem