Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What year did the NPP exhaust come on

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:30 PM
ISeeRed
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmuellenberg
As long as we are being technical here , the car starts up with the baffles open all the time, as it requires the vacuum to close them, although it only takes a split second for them to close.
Yeah, but quite a few of these M2W kits default to open EVERY time you shut off the key and you have to close them EVERY time if you want it quiet....I like to choose and for it to be where I left it!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:37 AM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 178 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by ISeeRed
Yeah, but quite a few of these M2W kits default to open EVERY time you shut off the key and you have to close them EVERY time if you want it quiet....I like to choose and for it to be where I left it!
That's odd because mine will leave it where it is set at, don't need to reset it when I shut off the car. I know you did say 'quite a few' of them do it, so there must be different versions.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:47 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ISeeRed
Mine stay the way I shut the car off, odd. For me that's closed so when I leave for work in the am I don't bother my neighbors.

Tom
Old 07-04-2010, 01:18 AM
ISeeRed
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmuellenberg
That's odd because mine will leave it where it is set at, don't need to reset it when I shut off the car. I know you did say 'quite a few' of them do it, so there must be different versions.
That's great! Mine always defaulted to open every time the car shut off. (Which was really annoying, I really want it quiet most of the time and only a bit louder on occasion) My switch stays wherever I leave it, and it only cost about $3!
Old 04-07-2016, 07:26 PM
gloss3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no go on my 2009 Mild To Wild

Have a 2009 coupe. Mild to Wild did not do anything for mine. No change in the sound. Now what?
Old 04-08-2016, 02:43 AM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 178 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by gloss3
Have a 2009 coupe. Mild to Wild did not do anything for mine. No change in the sound. Now what?
Could be the M2W switch is defective, a problem with the vacuum lines or the solenoid that controls the exhaust flaps. Are the flaps always open or shut? If they are shut, then you are getting vacuum so it would then be either the M2W switch or the solenoid. If the flaps are always open it is more than likely a vacuum issue.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:03 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by gloss3
You troubleshoot, that's what. Can we spoon feed you too?

Base Coupe or Z06?

If Base...
- May not have NPP, that was optional on the base cars. Do your mufflers have the actuators on them?

If base with optional NPP or Z06 with standard bi-modal mufflers
- M2W remote is dead
- M2W box has failed
- M2W installed incorrectly, has it ever worked?
- Failed or loose M2W connection
- Vacuum line disconnected or leaking. Could be anywhere from the front of the car aft to the mufflers.
- Solenoid failed

Btw....it's usually better to search for answers and then start a new thread with what you've tried vs digging up a Zombie thread that's nearly 6 years old.

Last edited by 96GS#007; 04-08-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] What year did the NPP exhaust come on