Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] oil change in Minneapolis area - help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 PM
dale fehrenbach
Pro

Received 263 Likes on 148 Posts

Default oil change in Minneapolis area - help

I have a new Z06 with 2800 miles on it and am soon ready for an oil change. I see a lot of issues regarding dealers screwing up oil changes and doing serious damage to motors in Z06s.

Where is the right place for an oil change in the Minneapolis area?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 PM
HornZ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would think that most of the dealers would have the Z06 figured out by now -- I know it's asking a lot!! The best local mechanic is at Village Chev in Wayzata - as for Bruce. BUT - he is likely NOT the one that will be doing your oil change. All you can really do is express your concerns to the service writer. OR, better yet, do it yourself - It's the only way to be sure.

Good luck.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
H2LS3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine done a week ago at Village Chev. They seemed to do a good job (had in parked out front by itself, put in 10.5 qts of oil , didnt put a sticker on it). I didnt buy mine there, but I have bought a corvette from there and the sales was mediocre. The service dept seems to be about the best around.

I have also had mine done at Creightons Garage in EP and brought my own filter. They let me watch too. They service lots of high end cars and even had a corvette race car on a lift when i was there.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:48 PM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 178 Likes on 120 Posts

I have the instructions printed out and take them with me when I have mine done. I tell the service writer to make sure the person who changes the oil reads the instructions if they haven't changed oil in a Z06 before.

Get notified of new replies

To oil change in Minneapolis area - help

Quick Reply: [Z06] oil change in Minneapolis area - help