Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Intake manifold leak...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 01:47 AM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Intake manifold leak...

I read online today that one of the symptoms of an intake manifold leak is wet (oil/fuel?) spark plug threads. How would a vacuum leak cause this?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by dfinke23
I read online today that one of the symptoms of an intake manifold leak is wet (oil/fuel?) spark plug threads. How would a vacuum leak cause this?
not sure but my car has been hunting around at idle and WOT these past few weeks. Put it on the lift and found...

1) drivers bank rear ( unconnected) plug clip broke and it was grounding out on the header after my clutch swap....oops

2) replaced drivers side narrow band just in case.

3) because of the lean issue (14.7:1 at WOT) I pulled the fuel rails and found my Fast 102 intake mounting bolts were about 1/8 turn backed off and the rear most ones were close to 1/2 a turn backed out. verified a couple other threads here on the forum with the same issue.

wet plugs...you got me there. I noticed with my old cam that the increased overlap led to dirtier plugs..then again the blow by caused by the rng packaged spec'd with my old pistons ( 454) didn't help much eitheir.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:02 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by dfinke23
My guess is that the lean condition caused by the air introduced after the MAF will cause the O2's to read lean and the car will add extra fuel to compensate.

Get notified of new replies

To Intake manifold leak...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Intake manifold leak...