Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] reduced power-service traction system

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
NAVY Z06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reduced power-service traction system

First post and unfortunately its with problems.

Driving on way home today and did a hard accelaration from a traffic light. Traction control was off. Did the shift from 1st to 2nd and got reduced power and service traction system alarms on DIC. I already had a check engine light that triggered earlier in the drive.

Had code p0420 which is why I didn't pay attention to the check engine light. I get that one fairly regularly even with the dealer reflash for the cats. I have a set of LG headers without cats in the garage waiting to go on, so I've been living with it.

Code that has me concerned is p0606, which has something to do with the PCM.

Car is out of warranty, so I wanted to check here before I go to the dealer and pay out of pocket.

Car is a 2008 with the only mods being Halltech CF Intake and the associated tune for it. I have 345 nitto's on the rear.

On Saturday, I got the service traction system alarm, but no check engine light. Did not show up today, so didn't think much of it. I'm on my second battery in 5 months, with the new one going in Friday. So I don't think the battery is the issue.

I did a search on this. Only thing I could find was throttle body sensors, but that did not throw the p0606 code. So that makes me think its not that.

I also saw some things on the ground to the starter to make sure the electrical system is in good shape. Where exactly is that located and can you tighten it from above the car or do you need to be under the car?

thanks

Brett
Old 10-11-2010, 05:18 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Not sure about the code but when I got my new 360 forged wheels, I got the traction control alarm under hard acceleration. It ended up being the result of my tires having too much air. Once I lowered my air pressure, the messages went away and all has been fine since.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:30 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Default P0606

That code in "Control module internal performance".

I have no clue what triggers that..

good luck, 2k
Old 10-11-2010, 10:10 PM
NAVY Z06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2K,

that's my concern. Since I'm out of warranty, I want to take it to the dealer with some options instead of letting them search around.

this could get costly.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:59 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

If it was my car, I would find someone with a scan tool that will reset the code(s), then try the car again.

You could also contact the person that provided the "Tune" for his input..

Get notified of new replies

To reduced power-service traction system

Quick Reply: [Z06] reduced power-service traction system