Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Switchback LEDs w/Load Resistors Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 AM
RH Design
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Switchback LEDs w/Load Resistors Installed

I like the lights, except for the hyperflash. So, I installed 50W/6Ohm load resistors but found it changed the way the amber lights flashes while the white driving lights are on.
Without the load resistors, when the amber flashes on the white flashes off (they toggle) in the hyperflash mode. But when I installed the load resistors, the white driving lights stay on continuously while the amber flash on and off (slower due to the load resistors). As such, the flashing amber is barely detectable and therefore dangerous.

My questions to those who have the same setup (2007 Z06).. Is this the normal ? I've tried two sets of load resistors and different wiring options with the same result.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:02 AM
RH Design
Advanced

ttt
Old 06-14-2011, 09:05 PM
thattexaskid19
Racer

i know its old, but has anyone found a fix for this yet. got the same issue and i'd rather use this thread than start a new one
Old 06-14-2011, 09:48 PM
morganjo5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RH Design
I like the lights, except for the hyperflash. So, I installed 50W/6Ohm load resistors but found it changed the way the amber lights flashes while the white driving lights are on.
Without the load resistors, when the amber flashes on the white flashes off (they toggle) in the hyperflash mode. But when I installed the load resistors, the white driving lights stay on continuously while the amber flash on and off (slower due to the load resistors). As such, the flashing amber is barely detectable and therefore dangerous.

My questions to those who have the same setup (2007 Z06).. Is this the normal ? I've tried two sets of load resistors and different wiring options with the same result.
I ran in to the same thing. Ended up having to send back the Switchback LEDs.

Bruce in Arizona

Get notified of new replies

To Switchback LEDs w/Load Resistors Installed

Quick Reply: [Z06] Switchback LEDs w/Load Resistors Installed