Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Halltech Killer Bee II w/Bee-Hive.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Dbl6gun
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Halltech Killer Bee II w/Bee-Hive.....

If I install ARH (1-7/8"), X-pipe and cats (rear O2 sensors disconnected) -AND- a Halltech Killer Bee II w/Bee-Hive CAI ....(without a chassis dyno tune).....
...... then drive my '07 Z06.... 250 miles to the shop to get a tune ....will my car be alright? Will I be able to make the 250 mile journey to the Shop for a tune without any driveability issues?
Old 02-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

yes. I did this on an ls6.

Drive slow and passively. You may have a few minor driveability issues (idle, surging, etc)

You will throw a code along the way. But so long as you do not drive hard/high rpms....you should be ok.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Dbl6gun
Drifting

Originally Posted by Geared
yes. I did this on an ls6.

Drive slow and passively. You may have a few minor driveability issues (idle, surging, etc)

You will throw a code along the way. But so long as you do not drive hard/high rpms....you should be ok.
Okay.... thank you!

So, if I drive it like I am driving the family in a 4 door sedan (Honda) through traffic and excellerate slowly to hiway speed (70mph) and be easy and mellow the entire trip ....I should be able to make the journey without much, if any mechanical drama? Good deal!
Old 02-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Dbl6gun
If I install ARH (1-7/8"), X-pipe and cats (rear O2 sensors disconnected) -AND- a Halltech Killer Bee II w/Bee-Hive CAI ....(without a chassis dyno tune).....
...... then drive my '07 Z06.... 250 miles to the shop to get a tune ....will my car be alright? Will I be able to make the 250 mile journey to the Shop for a tune without any driveability issues?
Absolutely no issues with the Killer Bee II/Beehive. We designed the Killer Bee II as a no tune, no surging, no warranty issue intake. Period.

You will get a check engine light from the disconnected rear O2 sensors, which will not hurt the car. Your tuner can deal with that.

The front O2 Lambda sensors are the closed loop sensors that tell the ECM how much O2 or fuel is left over after combustion. It adjusts the injector pulse width to keep the motor running stoichiometric when you are under 48% throttle position. When you go past 1/2 throttle you trip into open loop fuel enrichment where the MAF sensor alone adjusts pulse width and the Long Term Fuel trims have zero affect on the burn.

Why are you disconnecting the rear O2 sensors? You should have had extensions in the kit.

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Dbl6gun
Drifting

Originally Posted by Halltech
Absolutely no issues with the Killer Bee II/Beehive. We designed the Killer Bee II as a no tune, no surging, no warranty issue intake. Period.

You will get a check engine light from the disconnected rear O2 sensors, which will not hurt the car. Your tuner can deal with that.

The front O2 Lambda sensors are the closed loop sensors that tell the ECM how much O2 or fuel is left over after combustion. It adjusts the injector pulse width to keep the motor running stoichiometric when you are under 48% throttle position. When you go past 1/2 throttle you trip into open loop fuel enrichment where the MAF sensor alone adjusts pulse width and the Long Term Fuel trims have zero affect on the burn.

Why are you disconnecting the rear O2 sensors? You should have had extensions in the kit.

Thank you for the feedback!

After I install the headers, cats & X-Pipe ....my tuner told me to leave the REAR O2 sensors disconnected, drive to his shop for tuning, and he will deal with the rear O2s during the tune.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech Killer Bee II w/Bee-Hive.....

Quick Reply: [Z06] Halltech Killer Bee II w/Bee-Hive.....