Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Cobra Misano installed into Z06, retaining power tracks

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:19 PM
0BlackdogSpeedShop
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cobra Misano installed into Z06, retaining power tracks

We just put a set in our 06 Z06, 510 cu. in LS car, and they really work well. We looked at a lot of different seats, and this one seems to work best. It is narrow enough to fit in the well, and the bottom is deep enough to accept the tracks (with some modifications) and still let a tall guy sit in them without hitting his head (I'm 6'2").

Passenger airbag sensor is still functional, as well.

Seats run $1500 each, and getting them into the car runs another $550 each.

Toby
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
ElectricBluZ06 (01-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2011, 06:30 PM
IanM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks GREAT. How are the seats themselves? The material they are made of etc?
Old 03-16-2011, 06:37 PM
06-Z0SICK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks awesome. Could u post or send some more pics of the car, exterior?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:34 AM
TORQJNKY
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

These seats are pretty nice. I had them in my 03 Cobra. They are real carbon fiber backed with polished hardware on the sides. They are really narrow in the seat between the bolsters. I am 5'10 with a 32" waist and my little azz fit tight in them. Here are a couple more pics of them installed in my Cobra so you can see them a little better.
Attached Images   
Old 03-17-2011, 08:24 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

Seats look great, do you have any shots of the rest of the car?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:48 AM
BMcD-Z06
Racer

Looks good Toby. I may swing by and try them on for size. Hopefully my 38" body will be able to get back out!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Stage7
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing. Those seats look great. I hope to see an update thread on your 510ci Ls motors soon.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 PM
0BlackdogSpeedShop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 06-Z0SICK
Looks awesome. Could u post or send some more pics of the car, exterior?
I have some more on our facebook page, in the album titled 'Blackdog 510 into a 2006 Z06'

Toby
Old 03-17-2011, 12:18 PM
0BlackdogSpeedShop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stage7
Thanks for sharing. Those seats look great. I hope to see an update thread on your 510ci Ls motors soon.

I need to get over there and post some updates. The car is an absolute beast, but still quite driveable. We drove it both ways to the World of Wheels show a couple weeks back, through Chicago toll way traffic, with no issues what so ever.

But stab the throttle, and its like time travel...
Old 03-17-2011, 10:55 PM
4wheels
Pro

Is the driver's seat centered in relation to the steering wheel?
Old 03-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Viscerl
Burning Brakes

Hi Toby,

Did you have to remove the recline **** on the inside and/or trim the shaft that sticks out? Did you use Cobra's "slim" hardware for the sides?

We measured a Misano at 21" wide and the opening in the Z for seats at 19". Can you scoot the seat all the way back?

It seems like the seats are at the same height as the stock seats, but do you think you gained or lost headroom? At 6'4", Im already having problems driving at the track with a helmet on.

Glad to see you got a pair in there. We are looking at the same 30th anniversary set. Very nice leather and details.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:44 AM
JohnTheStigGalt
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those look AWESOME!! (Although, I'd pc the polished hardware in a satin black). Where did the seat controls go? Great option for those not wanting to spend $2K more on the Caravaggio Daytona seats. If I weren't dead-set on changing my interior to two-tone black/tan and in love with the Daytona's, I'd have gone this route for sure. 2nd best-looking GT seat out there, IMO.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:42 AM
0BlackdogSpeedShop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 4wheels
Is the driver's seat centered in relation to the steering wheel?
It appears to be, based on our measurements. If we used some sort of laser measurement, we might find it is off a bit, but I'd suspect it is within the margin of error for the factory setup.

Originally Posted by Viscerl
Hi Toby,

Did you have to remove the recline **** on the inside and/or trim the shaft that sticks out? Did you use Cobra's "slim" hardware for the sides?

We measured a Misano at 21" wide and the opening in the Z for seats at 19". Can you scoot the seat all the way back?

It seems like the seats are at the same height as the stock seats, but do you think you gained or lost headroom? At 6'4", Im already having problems driving at the track with a helmet on.

Glad to see you got a pair in there. We are looking at the same 30th anniversary set. Very nice leather and details.
Didn't use any of the Cobra mounting hardware. We used the factory tracks, and some fabrications. I can't say for sure that it goes all the way back (it appears to), but I have no problems driving it, other than the seat is a bit narrow for me, at 6'2", 290 lbs.

Originally Posted by JohnTheStigGalt
Those look AWESOME!! (Although, I'd pc the polished hardware in a satin black). Where did the seat controls go? Great option for those not wanting to spend $2K more on the Caravaggio Daytona seats. If I weren't dead-set on changing my interior to two-tone black/tan and in love with the Daytona's, I'd have gone this route for sure. 2nd best-looking GT seat out there, IMO.
We actually didn't pick these seats with this project in mind. They were intended for our 69 camaro project. We were originally going to try and stay with the factory seat, and swap in a proper race seat (side mount, no once piece back / bucket, no recline, etc.) for track testing. But then we started thinking about it, and decided that since we wanted the car to be a happy medium between street and track, this would be a good way to go. It just so happens that these worked out really well.

The seat controls are mounted to the seat, between the bolster and the door sill...much like the factory location, only pointed skyward, vs. toward the door. Very clean looking, and very easy to use...I think they are easier to get to than the factory. I'll add a picture of the controls to the FB album shortly.

Toby
Old 03-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Viscerl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JohnTheStigGalt
While I do slightly prefer these over the Caravaggios, without the carbon backs on the Caravaggios, they are only approximately $800 more for the pair than the Misano 30s.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:08 PM
4wheels
Pro

Nice job on getting the seats installed. I looked at these for my own Z06 a few months ago, but when I compared the outside measurements of the thigh bolsters it looked like they were going to be a very tight fit & rub the console, so I passed. They were fairly comfortable, but the upper thigh to hip are seemed a bit tight and I'm not a big guy. They do look sweet though.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Tomcatsbolt
Advanced

I know this is an old subject, but how were you able to avoid contact between the upper "ear" of the seat and the trim panel right behind the window?

For my install I need to have the seat pretty far back. It is hitting the trim panel pretty substantially.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Get notified of new replies

To Cobra Misano installed into Z06, retaining power tracks

Quick Reply: [Z06] Cobra Misano installed into Z06, retaining power tracks