Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] what was the option code for side bolster adjustment in seats?

Old 01-10-2015, 09:41 PM
markzeronine
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what was the option code for side bolster adjustment in seats?

And why do so many z06s not have it? I see them all the time in even 2005 base models? I have a 2lz and a buddy has a 3lz from 2008 and they don't have it either. I just saw a 2013 in the classifieds without it also, was there a separate option box to check for this or did z's just get the short end of the stick here?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:33 AM
Carnac
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by markzeronine
And why do so many z06s not have it? I see them all the time in even 2005 base models? I have a 2lz and a buddy has a 3lz from 2008 and they don't have it either. I just saw a 2013 in the classifieds without it also, was there a separate option box to check for this or did z's just get the short end of the stick here?
Weight saving on all 06-08 C6 Z06 (no option available). Also, manual passenger seat, no hatch pull-down assist, and no adjustable lumbar. Not sure about adjustable side bolster - don't know of any on C6s up through at least 2008.

There have been a couple of forum members that have added these features - moved parts or seats over from non-Z06 C6 Vettes.

Jim
Old 01-12-2015, 03:19 PM
markzeronine
Pro

Weight savings huh? I wonder how much a small pump and air bladders weigh? Nice of chevy to save weight and compromise driver stability... wish they would have taken out something that actually weighs something like the air bags in the seat like my 08 1lt. Oh well, no use crying over what's already done and gone, but a pretty stupid move to take away seat bolsters from the model that in theory(and likely is) sees the most track time.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:58 PM
4vettezo6
Instructor

I have them in my 13Z with the 3LZ they are air actuated like the lumbar. As I recall they were part of the 3LZ in 13's. But not sure if this was the first for the Z and the bolsters ?
Old 01-12-2015, 07:18 PM
markzeronine
Pro

Yep that's the same setup regular c6s had since 2005. All the other c6z's I've seen including mine don't even have lumbar. I'm thinking of adding some material under my foam to simulate an inflated bolster. (I'm a slim guy)
Old 01-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,910 Likes on 5,325 Posts

The 06 through 09 Z06/ZR1s had base seats with an option for heated seats. This was caused by a packaging issue due to the battery being located in the rear cubby. Locating the battery there forced relocation of the VCIM (OnStar Module) to the space under the passenger seat. That took up all of the room under the seat for power seat motors and the lumbar pump. In 2010 the GS came out, the VCIM was reduced in size and was moved to the space behind the glove compartment on all cars. That freed up the space under the seat so they could subsequently offer the sport seats on the wide body cars.

Here are some pictures of the VCIM under the passenger seat on my 08Z.

Bill
Old 01-12-2015, 10:49 PM
markzeronine
Pro

Interesting, thanks for sharing Bill
Old 01-13-2015, 07:36 PM
El Paso Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

I put the lumbar support and bolster adjustment into my 09 Z 3LZ for the comfort. Cost about $1,300 total. It is an excellent addition. I would do it again.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:12 AM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by El Paso Vette
I put the lumbar support and bolster adjustment into my 09 Z 3LZ for the comfort. Cost about $1,300 total. It is an excellent addition. I would do it again.
Did you do it yourself? What parts are needed for this and where did you get them?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2019, 08:25 AM
danziger
Team Owner

Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The 06 through 09 Z06/ZR1s had base seats with an option for heated seats. This was caused by a packaging issue due to the battery being located in the rear cubby. Locating the battery there forced relocation of the VCIM (OnStar Module) to the space under the passenger seat. That took up all of the room under the seat for power seat motors and the lumbar pump. In 2010 the GS came out, the VCIM was reduced in size and was moved to the space behind the glove compartment on all cars. That freed up the space under the seat so they could subsequently offer the sport seats on the wide body cars.

Here are some pictures of the VCIM under the passenger seat on my 08Z.

Bill

Great information! Thanks for sharing!

Get notified of new replies

To what was the option code for side bolster adjustment in seats?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] what was the option code for side bolster adjustment in seats?