Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Installed Coleman Slotted Brake Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Ben01C5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$385 PER rotor for the front? Wow, $800 front brakes plus some ceremic pads would be an easy $1000. I am going to guess most of you that are you them are Auto X'ing?
Old 03-26-2011, 11:31 AM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Streetrod
So where are they made? (what town in China makes Coleman rotors?)

Wheels, rotors and what is next for us to sell out on?

They do look nice.

SR
Coleman rotors are made in the USA! It's a family owned business that was started in 1965.

You can read about it here: http://www.colemanracing.com/About-Us-W3.aspx

PS: I bet I've killed more Commies than you have...
Old 03-26-2011, 12:45 PM
JsnMR2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetrod
So where are they made? (what town in China makes Coleman rotors?)

Wheels, rotors and what is next for us to sell out on?

They do look nice.

SR
I bet it would be funny to take a walk threw your house and point out each item that was NOT made in the USA that you own.

I support buying US made products 100%, but some people are just too extreme, and probably own a ton of non US made sh*t anyways lol.

Oh and, plenty of the parts on our z06's, other vettes, and other GM cars are made in China and elsewhere.

To the OP, thanks for the post! They look nice and will probably be my replacement set when my OEM rotors need replacing. 33lbs of unsprung weight savings is awesome

Last edited by JsnMR2; 03-26-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:51 PM
B y r o n
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm waiting for a response back from the vendor but are these floating or solid mount rotors?
Old 03-26-2011, 02:59 PM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JsnMR2
I bet it would be funny to take a walk threw your house and point out each item that was NOT made in the USA that you own.
Heck, you wouldn't have to go any further than my garage. My new Audi S4 hails from Germany. My Plasma TV is Japanese, but my high-end stereo is American made (McIntosh Receiver, Amp, CD player, Sub, and Magnepan high-resolution Speakers).

My dad was a Marine sniper who fought on Guadalcanal and Okinawa. He always owned German, British or Japanese cars. He refused to by an American car because of the way they were fleecing the homecoming servicemen back in the late forties; one had to go on a list, and bribe their way to a lower spot.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:13 PM
JsnMR2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterM
Heck, you wouldn't have to go any further than my garage. My new Audi S4 hails from Germany. My Plasma TV is Japanese, but my high-end stereo is American made (McIntosh Receiver, Amp, CD player, Sub, and Magnepan high-resolution Speakers).

My dad was a Marine sniper who fought on Guadalcanal and Okinawa. He always owned German, British or Japanese cars. He refused to by an American car because of the way they were fleecing the homecoming servicemen back in the late forties; one had to go on a list, and bribe their way to a lower spot.
New S4
Old 03-26-2011, 05:16 PM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by B y r o n
I'm waiting for a response back from the vendor but are these floating or solid mount rotors?
Mine are two-piece fixed (Coleman Rotor with a Billet aluminum hat). I don't road race with this car; I just like surprising people when I get ambushed on the way home from various car events.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:06 PM
B y r o n
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by B y r o n
I got my reply:

"Byron,

We have floating and solid mount rotors, and rears with the e-brake provision. Solid mount rotors sell for $385 and floating rotors are $450.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Daniel Finke
Finspeed, LLC
715 Sturgeon Street
Moberly, MO 65270
Phone: 573-446-1444
Fax: 573-514-4047

Email: daniel@finspeed.com
Web: www.finspeed.com"
Old 03-26-2011, 08:44 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JsnMR2

I support buying US made products 100%, but some people are just too extreme, and probably own a ton of non US made sh*t anyways lol.

Oh and, plenty of the parts on our z06's, other vettes, and other GM cars are made in China and elsewhere.

To the OP, thanks for the post! They look nice and will probably be my replacement set when my OEM rotors need replacing. 33lbs of unsprung weight savings is awesome
I buy what ever I can made in the USA and look at everything I buy including food. Coleman Nice rotors!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:19 AM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I buy what ever I can made in the USA and look at everything I buy including food. Coleman Nice rotors!
I agree, but there is another side of the coin:

I want a new Boss Mustang. I go to my local dealer and offer him sticker for the car. He squints at me and says, "Er, I don't know. 'Cause if the economy is good, I'll be looking to get ten to twenty grand over sticker. But, if the economy ain't doin' so hot, sticker might work. Leave ya number and I'll give you a call."

Of course I told him exactly what he can do with the car and left. Evidently, this moron isn't keeping abreast with the current economic situation and that it seems were heading for a double dip. He can rot along with his cars as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:43 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

I would look into a "Ford" forum sponsor and contact them!

I got the same story talking to my local Corvette dealers.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:49 PM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2k Cobra
I would look into a "Ford" forum sponsor and contact them!

I got the same story talking to my local Corvette dealers.
Yeah, I guess most dealers are about the same when it comes to limited production cars. I just think it's kind of stupid, because I believe Ford would sell a lot of the Boss Editions if they kept the pricing fair.

Back on topic:

I had the Z out for a couple of hours today, and I must say that the overall ride has improved dramatically with the lighter rotors. The car seems "lighter on its feet" as it negotiated with the winter-damaged roads; gone are those heavy clunks when driving over uneven sections of pavement. The steering also has a lighter feel to it.

Unfortunately, at thirty-six degrees, I had to go easy on the throttle, so I couldn't really get to play around performance wise.

So far, I'm really happy with this mod.

Last edited by PeterM; 03-27-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

do you have any pics of the rotors through the wheels?
Old 03-27-2011, 08:26 PM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Stingray23
I'll take some tomorrow during daylight. The rotors really enhance the look of the car, as you will soon see.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:27 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I've been using colemans rings and performance AFX hats on the track since fall 2008 after talking with Bob Finlayson. I would run nothing else on the track. These rotors ( combined with Cobalt pads and proper cooling and SRF fluid) are Incredible! they last and last..

Here are pics with both front CCW wheels and stock C6Z wheels. I'm on my second set of rings in the front. The hats have discolored a bit over time with LOTS of heat. But then again thats what I bought them for.

As others have stated, I have to admit that the car does feel better when these are installed. I just added take-off ZR1 wheel/tires and can notice that additional weigth too.

NOTE: rotors were installed incorrectly with the stock caliper pics....but you get the idea.
Attached Images     

Last edited by bowtiguy; 03-28-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

Old 03-27-2011, 11:37 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

yeah, they are sweet. stay away from the Racebrake dot com stuff. It doesn't hold up. just do a thread search. I put mine on my 1994 B4C Z28 when I sold it ( It had been converted to C6Z brakes all four corners...not easy). they look prettier but use cheap materials.

Best part of this system.. you can run these rotors with stock C6Z brake calipers ( like I did for one season) then you have the option to step up to AP CP555 calipers with 20MM THICK PADS w/o haviing to change the rotors.

NOTE: yeah I know.. the front rotors were flipped in these photos
Attached Images   

Last edited by bowtiguy; 03-28-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Installed Coleman Slotted Brake Rotors

Old 03-28-2011, 05:44 PM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Here you go:

Old 03-28-2011, 07:21 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterM
I agree, but there is another side of the coin:

I want a new Boss Mustang. I go to my local dealer and offer him sticker for the car. He squints at me and says, "Er, I don't know. 'Cause if the economy is good, I'll be looking to get ten to twenty grand over sticker. But, if the economy ain't doin' so hot, sticker might work. Leave ya number and I'll give you a call."

Of course I told him exactly what he can do with the car and left. Evidently, this moron isn't keeping abreast with the current economic situation and that it seems were heading for a double dip. He can rot along with his cars as far as I'm concerned.
If you were him you would do the same thing. Supply and demand.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by John Shiels
If you were him you would do the same thing. Supply and demand.
yeah I went through the same thing buying my Z06. Local dealer wanted an extra $10,000 OVER MSRP for " regional demand" here in Colorado.

So I bought my car from Kerbek at $8,500 UNDER MSRP and had it delivered for $1,100. I figured if he knew the market better than me....good luck getting an extra $17,XXX for the same car same warranty.

That thing was sitting there forever....at least he tried

Quick Reply: [Z06] Installed Coleman Slotted Brake Rotors