Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS7 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #41
CodeBlack
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: East Northport NY
Default

As per a michelin rep. Release date is Feb 2012 for 325 30 19
CodeBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #42
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
3 Z06ZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Default

Just buy the Nitto Invo and forget it! For the price difference.
The buy is the Nitto! The Ps-2 is over rated after two sets of 4!
They wear quicker and have little over the Invo!
3 Z06ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #43
Luke@tirerack
Platinum Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12
 
Member Since: May 2000
Location: 877-522-8473 ext. 4362
Default

When the Pilot Super Sport Originally came Michelin's official position was that there would not be any of the Pilot Super Sport tires produced in sizes where the had specifically engineered a Pilot Sport PS2 for an OE fitment, such as the ZR1 Corvette and the subsequent additions for previous model Corvettes like the C6 Z06.

Initially there were 48 sizes offered and Michelin stated that there would be no new sizes would be added until the first or second quarter of 2012.

With that saidm if Michelin introduces sizes additional to the PSS line up that includes Corvette sizes you can rest assured that I will post the information here as soon as it's official
Luke@tirerack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #44
CodeBlack
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: East Northport NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08 View Post
Just buy the Nitto Invo and forget it! For the price difference.
The buy is the Nitto! The Ps-2 is over rated after two sets of 4!
They wear quicker and have little over the Invo!
How are the invos in the rain.
CodeBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #45
89L98
CF Senior Member
 
89L98's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Hamilton Square NJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08 View Post
Just buy the Nitto Invo and forget it! For the price difference.
The buy is the Nitto! The Ps-2 is over rated after two sets of 4!
They wear quicker and have little over the Invo!


Well said. Michelins are good tires. Buy, way overpriced.
89L98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #46
AzDave47
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
AzDave47's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack View Post
When the Pilot Super Sport Originally came Michelin's official position was that there would not be any of the Pilot Super Sport tires produced in sizes where the had specifically engineered a Pilot Sport PS2 for an OE fitment, such as the ZR1 Corvette and the subsequent additions for previous model Corvettes like the C6 Z06.

Initially there were 48 sizes offered and Michelin stated that there would be no new sizes would be added until the first or second quarter of 2012.

With that saidm if Michelin introduces sizes additional to the PSS line up that includes Corvette sizes you can rest assured that I will post the information here as soon as it's official
I guess that applies "except for the BMW 1M" and perhaps others I didn't bother to check on. The 1M comes standard with 245/35-19 front, 265/35-19 rear PS2's, both sizes are available in the Pilot SuperSport. My preferred new street tires for my 09Z06 are Pilot SuperSport.

For those of you who argue Bridgestone, I look to run in classes in the Silver State Challenge which requires (Y) that's Bracket Y tires rated 186+ MPH. The Bridgestones are only rated Y - 186 MPH.

I have NT-05's for HPDE's, but that aren't accepted by the sponsoring organization for the SSCC above the Touring class.
AzDave47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #47
Luke@tirerack
Platinum Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12
 
Member Since: May 2000
Location: 877-522-8473 ext. 4362
Default Great News! Michelin has announced new sizes for the Pilot Super Sport

Michelin will be expanding their Pilot Super Sport size lineup in the middle of the first quarter of 2012.

I will provide more details on availability and pricing as they become available.

here's the new sizes for 2012

205/45ZR17 (88Y) XL
245/45ZR17 (99Y) XL

205/40ZR18 (86Y) XL
215/40ZR18 (89Y) XL
235/50ZR18 (101Y) XL
245/35ZR18 (92Y) XL

255/30ZR19 (91Y) XL
255/40ZR19 (100Y) XL
255/45ZR19 (104Y) XL
275/40ZR19 (105Y) XL
285/40ZR19 (107Y) XL
325/30ZR19 (105Y) XL
345/30ZR19 (109Y) XL

245/45ZR20 (103Y) XL
255/40ZR20 (101Y) XL
255/45ZR20 (105Y) XL
265/30ZR20 (94Y) XL
285/35ZR20 (104Y) XL
335/30ZR20 (108Y) XL
Luke@tirerack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #48
AzDave47
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
AzDave47's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Default

Thanks Luke, that timing will work for my street set of tires for my 09Z06. I will probably go with the stock size 18/19 combo.
AzDave47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #49
eight3two
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2011
Location: Houston Tx
Default

Awesome news on 345/30/19's.

Keep us updated on release dates and pricing.
eight3two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #50
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Moderator Moderator
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Allthrottleandsomebottle's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: Lackey, my own dragstrip VA.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack View Post
Michelin will be expanding their Pilot Super Sport size lineup in the middle of the first quarter of 2012.

I will provide more details on availability and pricing as they become available.

here's the new sizes for 2012

205/45ZR17 (88Y) XL
245/45ZR17 (99Y) XL

205/40ZR18 (86Y) XL
215/40ZR18 (89Y) XL
235/50ZR18 (101Y) XL
245/35ZR18 (92Y) XL

255/30ZR19 (91Y) XL
255/40ZR19 (100Y) XL
255/45ZR19 (104Y) XL
275/40ZR19 (105Y) XL
285/40ZR19 (107Y) XL
325/30ZR19 (105Y) XL
345/30ZR19 (109Y) XL

245/45ZR20 (103Y) XL
255/40ZR20 (101Y) XL
255/45ZR20 (105Y) XL
265/30ZR20 (94Y) XL
285/35ZR20 (104Y) XL
335/30ZR20 (108Y) XL


Keep asking for your sizing folks..........I know I am
Hummmmmmmmmmm new sizes may mean some more test driving for me I hope in 2012
Allthrottleandsomebottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #51
Luke@tirerack
Platinum Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12
 
Member Since: May 2000
Location: 877-522-8473 ext. 4362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
hope they are avail by the time one lap of america 2012 rolls around might use those

I should be able to get them for your 1 Lap effort and toady I also have the new 2012 One Lap tire program info confirmed ... give me a call when you are ready!
Luke@tirerack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #52
dvandentop
CF Senior Member
 
dvandentop's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: Sioux Falls SD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack View Post
I should be able to get them for your 1 Lap effort and toady I also have the new 2012 One Lap tire program info confirmed ... give me a call when you are ready!
please email me the one lap tire info still in the contemplation stages of taking my cts-v or my z06

dvandentop@msn.com
dvandentop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #53
Luke@tirerack
Platinum Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12
 
Member Since: May 2000
Location: 877-522-8473 ext. 4362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
please email me the one lap tire info still in the contemplation stages of taking my cts-v or my z06

dvandentop@msn.com
email sent
Luke@tirerack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #54
Frankie2blue
CF Senior Member
 
Frankie2blue's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: North shore,Ma./Naples Florida
Default

Can the 345/19 tires be used with the 275-35/18 on stock wheels or should I get the 325-30-19s ? I would like a little wider on the back because the Michelins tend to look smaller than the G/Y's but I don't want to mess anything up. I need new tires now but would be willing to wait some if these are that good.
Frankie2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #55
AzDave47
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
AzDave47's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie2blue View Post
Can the 345/19 tires be used with the 275-35/18 on stock wheels or should I get the 325-30-19s ? I would like a little wider on the back because the Michelins tend to look smaller than the G/Y's but I don't want to mess anything up. I need new tires now but would be willing to wait some if these are that good.
Michelin recommends an 11.5-12.5" rim for the PS2 in the 345/19 size, so your stock rims should be fine for the PSS's. If you go with the 275/345 combo, you will get better straight line traction from the 345's but have a little more understeer in the corners (just offset it with some power oversteer). The currently available 285/35-18 PSS would be a better match for the 345's.
AzDave47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #56
CodeBlack
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: East Northport NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack View Post
Michelin will be expanding their Pilot Super Sport size lineup in the middle of the first quarter of 2012.

I will provide more details on availability and pricing as they become available.

here's the new sizes for 2012

205/45ZR17 (88Y) XL
245/45ZR17 (99Y) XL

205/40ZR18 (86Y) XL
215/40ZR18 (89Y) XL
235/50ZR18 (101Y) XL
245/35ZR18 (92Y) XL

255/30ZR19 (91Y) XL
255/40ZR19 (100Y) XL
255/45ZR19 (104Y) XL
275/40ZR19 (105Y) XL
285/40ZR19 (107Y) XL
325/30ZR19 (105Y) XL
345/30ZR19 (109Y) XL

245/45ZR20 (103Y) XL
255/40ZR20 (101Y) XL
255/45ZR20 (105Y) XL
265/30ZR20 (94Y) XL
285/35ZR20 (104Y) XL
335/30ZR20 (108Y) XL
Hey Luke, I told you so.
as soon as its in I'm ordering unless the guys you have beer with change my mind.
CodeBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #57
Frankie2blue
CF Senior Member
 
Frankie2blue's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: North shore,Ma./Naples Florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDave47 View Post
Michelin recommends an 11.5-12.5" rim for the PS2 in the 345/19 size, so your stock rims should be fine for the PSS's. If you go with the 275/345 combo, you will get better straight line traction from the 345's but have a little more understeer in the corners (just offset it with some power oversteer). The currently available 285/35-18 PSS would be a better match for the 345's.
Any downside to going with the larger tires or is it best to stay with stock sizes? What are the advantages to the SS tires over the PS2's. Thanks.
Frankie2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #58
Poor-sha
CF Senior Member
 
Poor-sha's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2006
Default

Still no rears for the CTS-V. Bummer as I'm going to need new tires when I take the Winters off in the Spring.
Poor-sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #59
Vito.A
CF Senior Member
 
Vito.A's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2004
Location: Tucson AZ
Send a message via AIM to Vito.A
Default

I run the 275 front and 345 rear PS2 combination. It fits and works quite well. I went with a 275 front because the PS2 was not available in a 285.
Vito.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #60
AzDave47
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
AzDave47's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie2blue View Post
Any downside to going with the larger tires or is it best to stay with stock sizes? What are the advantages to the SS tires over the PS2's. Thanks.
On the M PS2 in the 295/35-18 and 345/30-19 most on the forum report no rubbing. That is true of most with Nitto NT-05's in the 295/335 size. I do HPDE's and get rubbing on both the front and rear NT-05's. That is a potential downside to larger tires. The upside is more traction and better "filling" of the wheel wells.

The PSS has been tested and provides better grip than the PS2 and has a 300 wear rating compared with the 220 of the PS2, so it should wear linger than the PS2. The PS2 is available as a run-flat while the PSS is not. My understanding from M advertisements is they will warranty tread life on "position sensitive" cars like the Z06 for 15K miles. On cars where the tires can be rotated they warranty them for 30K miles of tread life.
AzDave47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:51 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page Michelin Pilot Super Sport 345/30ZR19
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
33530r19, 345, 34530zr19, c6, corvette, cost, ecsta, event, kumho, michelin, michelins, michilin, pilot, sport, super, supersport, tires, w710, z06


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
345/30ZR20 Michelin Pilot Super sports wsaugenstein C6 Z06 Discussion 8 10-15-2014 09:45 PM
F/S Michelin Pilot Sport Cup fast jackson C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted 0 09-02-2014 01:24 PM
Michelin pilot sport rear tires MARC S. C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted 1 07-07-2014 11:43 AM
Pair of Michelin Pilot Super Sports 345/30ZR20 intheboost C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted 25 12-16-2013 06:11 PM
Michelin Pilot Sport Cups and PSS ferravette C6 Z06 Discussion 26 03-29-2012 06:30 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Emails & Password Backup