Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] midrise lift question .....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 06:26 PM
krswen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default midrise lift question .....

I read through a number of threads using the search function. A lot of the photos seemed to be of C5's with the pads out at the perimeter of the frame.

Everything I've seen about the C6 Z06 seems to indicate that you need to lift at four very specific locations on the subframes. Or am I missing something ... can you support the C6 at the frame perimeter?

Do you have access to the dry-sump tank using something like a Bendpak or Norco?

Ken
Old 04-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by krswen
I read through a number of threads using the search function. A lot of the photos seemed to be of C5's with the pads out at the perimeter of the frame.

Everything I've seen about the C6 Z06 seems to indicate that you need to lift at four very specific locations on the subframes. Or am I missing something ... can you support the C6 at the frame perimeter?

Do you have access to the dry-sump tank using something like a Bendpak or Norco?

Ken
You lift the C5 and C6 at the same locations. C6 is more like a C5.5. There really aren't any subframes. They have a front and rear cradle but no subframe. They are full framed cars with no unibody sections.

If you are talking about a mid rise lift I think you can get access to the dry sump tank on any of them. I can get access when my C6Z is on my Eagle Mid Rise.

Bill

Quick Reply: [Z06] midrise lift question .....