Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Cure for the Common Curb....

Old 10-11-2011, 05:24 AM
vvlf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackmagicZ
Excuse me! That's not why we back our Vette's into parking spots. It's so they cannot be towed away, and for show purposes. Not every situation allows us to be able to back into a parking spot.
So they can't be towed away ? I used to work for a tow-truck company, I could tow away a backed in vette with no problem if I really needed to. Besides, who's going to try to tow your vette away ? You not making the payments or something
Old 10-29-2011, 03:02 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgreenard
Not everyone will back up into a parking space as you stated. No need to slam a vendor trying to sell a product.....How about you learn how to spell.
then they deserve it...all owner should back into a spot, it should be in the owners manual LOL j/k

hey at least it's inovative!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:01 PM
03 Vette
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will it work with Mild to Wild already installed? It looks like it would be hard to fit the fuses for both.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:25 PM
ebf2k
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '12-'13-14

Will it mount behind the C6 Z06 grill or down by the C6 radiator supports?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:50 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by ebf2k
Will it mount behind the C6 Z06 grill or down by the C6 radiator supports?
Not behind the grill.....slats will get in the way, but will down by the radiator supports.

Jim
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 PM
rustybridges05
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6___Z06 LW,FL
[
That's why we back them into parking spots. Every CORVETTE owner knows that. We don' need this product. Try to sell us somthing we can use. Al
So your THAT douchebag?! lol
Old 03-14-2014, 06:47 PM
tgreenshields
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the curb alert system. I don't always have the option of backing into a parking spot. Thanks for reminding us of this useful device. I will get one ordered.

Tim
Old 03-15-2014, 07:49 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by tgreenshields
I like the curb alert system. I don't always have the option of backing into a parking spot. Thanks for reminding us of this useful device. I will get one ordered.

Tim
Thank you Tim!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:23 PM
tgreenshields
Instructor

Tried calling in a Curb Alert order today for my C6 Z06. No one answered the phone at your place. Could I still order one at the sale price? Your installation video is excellent. Very nice product and thanks for developing it. Should I call tomorrow?

Tim
Old 04-12-2014, 07:59 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Tried calling in a Curb Alert order today for my C6 Z06. No one answered the phone at your place. Could I still order one at the sale price? Your installation video is excellent. Very nice product and thanks for developing it. Should I call tomorrow?

Tim
We are here Monday thru Friday, sometimes we are on the phone and miss a call.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:19 AM
tgreenshields
Instructor

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
We are here Monday thru Friday, sometimes we are on the phone and miss a call.
Got the Curb Alert ordered and installed. Very nice addition to the Z06 and helps to stay away from curbs and even low dips in parking lots. Thanks.

Tim
Old 04-19-2014, 01:30 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Got the Curb Alert ordered and installed. Very nice addition to the Z06 and helps to stay away from curbs and even low dips in parking lots. Thanks.

Tim
Old 03-23-2016, 10:06 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 07-11-2017, 10:36 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however,
Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The
Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates
) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the
Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim
Old 07-11-2017, 10:41 AM
JDebler
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Is there a way to hide the sensor better than shown in the picture?
I have been stewing over this one as well. I wish the sensor was a bit smaller.

I know that I need one of these as I am always terrified of scraping the front. (I have poor depth perception, unfortunately).
Old 10-16-2019, 07:59 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Old 11-20-2019, 10:50 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Get notified of new replies

To Cure for the Common Curb....

Old 01-31-2020, 08:55 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Order yours right here at southerncarparts.com
Old 03-11-2020, 09:20 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

We have the Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim
Old 12-28-2020, 10:49 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Cure for the Common Curb....