Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS7 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
mac_05evo
CF Senior Member

Default Key FOB Programming Using Tech 2 Scan Tool

Can anyone post the instructions out of the service manual or comment if you've done this, please?

I get all the way to the Program Key Fob #1 screen and can't figure out what to do from there. It says please refer to service manual for special instructions. I hit enter to get pass that screen then hit program but nothing happens. There is a step I'm missing or skipping somewhere but I do not know what to do. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
mac_05evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
mac_05evo
CF Senior Member

I checked alldata and think I'm going to have to do several more additional steps. It mentions something about unplugging the tool and hooking it up to a Techline terminal in order to turn on "vehicle theft deterrent learn mode" and then ensuring that "Prepare RCDLR for key fob programming" is chosen. And then plugging the Tech tool back into the car.

So in short, WITH only the Tech2 tool and withOUT the techline terminal I'm screwed. Any comments? I'm trying to avoid having to flatbed my car to the dealer. I absolutely can not get the car into FOB learn mode using the manual key method described in the manual.
mac_05evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
C&M Racing
CF Senior Member

How many fobs are programmed? I think 4 is the limit and if you have lost the other fobs just clear all the fobs and start again. I assume you battery is good but just to be sure the tech 2 will show battery voltage
C&M Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
Chevy Cust Svc
CF Senior Member

Let us know how many you have gotten programmed. It may not hurt to check with the dealer as well.

Good luck with your search.

Brent
GM Customer Service
Chevy Cust Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:36 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page Key FOB Programming Using Tech 2 Scan Tool

Tags
05, corvette, fab, fob, ii, key, program, reprogramming, scan, tech, techline, terminal, tool, tools, upgrade