Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Amazing new product! Use your DIC or HUD as a progressive shift light!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:28 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Location: Display your V1 radar detector on your HUD or DIC! www.DashTronix.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing new product! Use your DIC or HUD as a progressive shift light!

DashTronix is proud to announce an exciting and revolutionary new product that allows you to use your HUD and DIC as a progressive shift light.

The DashTronix Progressive Shift is 100% Plug and play and is the worlds first OBD-II HUD and DIC shift light. No wires need to be spliced, and no tools are required for the install.

The kit even includes a single LED shift light that is super bright and can be mounted anywhere you like.

Introducing the DashTronix Progressive Shift

The DashTronix Progressive Shift (PS) provides the driver with a live graphical representation of the current engine RPM using a user-programmable RPM band, and a user-programmable upshift RPM. A single LED shift light is included too. Two different display formats are available: “Build a mountain” and “build a valley”. Output location is user-selectable in real-time between OFF, LED shift light only, HUD+LED shift light, DIC+LED shift light and simultaneous HUD+DIC+LED shift light.

Each vertical bar represents one “level”. The outside levels appears when the lower programmed RPM is reached. The middle level comes on when the upper programmed RPM is reached. The levels in between are progressively indicated as RPMs increased beyond the lower programmed RPM. When the programmed shift RPM is reached the message “SHIFT!” is indicated and the LED shift light is lit.

The PS plugs directly into your OBD-II port for instant plug-and-play. No additional connections to the vehicle are necessary. The included super-bright LED shift light snaps into a jack on the PS unit. The LED shift light automatically dims when the vehicle lights are on (some models and years excepted). The LED Shift light is not needed for operation in the HUD and DIC.

PS RPM programming is quickly done using the lock button when the vehicle is in Accessory mode using an incredibly simple and intuitive DIC-based interface. Complete programming takes less than 2 minutes.

The PS has two different display formats: “Build a mountain” and “build a valley”.

Mountain

Valley

Each vertical bar represents one “level”. The outside levels appears when the lower programmed RPM is reached. The middle level comes on when the upper programmed RPM is reached. The levels in between are progressively indicated as RPMs increased beyond the lower programmed RPM. When the programmed shift RPM is reached the message “SHIFT!” is indicated.

DIC programming mode screen

The PS has three programmable RPM bounds:
  1. Lower RPM – The lower boundary of the desired progressive shift band.
  2. Upper RPM – The upper boundary of the desired progressive shift band.
  3. Shift RPM – The lower boundary (trigger) of the desired shift point.
The entire progressive shift band is divided into seven equally spaced levels (e.g., ) plus one “SHIFT!” level for a total of 8 progressive shift levels.

Each of the first seven levels is progressively indicated by vertical bar(s) with different heights.
The shift light is set to be brightest when the dash is set to brightest. When the dash dims (e.g., due to the headlights coming), the shift light will be dimmer too.

There are two versions. One version that allows you to change the PS modes with the car running. And another that allows you to change the PS modes while the car is in accessory mode.

If you have a DashTronix Radar Projector already, you will need the accessory mode version.

Available now! Only $249.95

For more information or to order your Progressive Shift™,visit www.dashtronix.com.
Units are in stock and ready to ship!

Progressive Shift on HUD

Progressive Shift on DIC

LED shift light mounted in AC vent

LED shift light mounted near DIC

Last edited by DashTronix; 02-02-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:40 PM
427-Z06
Pro

This looks pretty good but I would have liked to seen it integrated with the V1 projector as well. Really don't need a bunch of different adapters when one would work. Any chance at seeing this?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Fast Eddie I
Advanced

Default Permanent Programming Record

Would the [PS RPM] programming of your product create a "historical entry" on the car's computer? For warranty reasons, I am super-sensitive about any after-market programming to an otherwise stock C6. As many CF posts will attest, GM seems to search for any reason to reject warranty coverage.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie I
Would the [PS RPM] programming of your product create a "historical entry" on the car's computer? For warranty reasons, I am super-sensitive about any after-market programming to an otherwise stock C6. As many CF posts will attest, GM seems to search for any reason to reject warranty coverage.
Thanks for the question.

The Progressive Shift does not write any historical entries to the car's computers. The Progressive Shift does not program any computers on the car. It is a stand alone system and communicates on the data bus the same as the C6 navigation and Onstar system does. When you program the rpm boundaries of the PS you are programming the PS device and not the computer on the car.

Team DashTronix
Old 06-27-2011, 10:25 AM
427-Z06
Pro

Default ?

Originally Posted by 427-Z06
This looks pretty good but I would have liked to seen it integrated with the V1 projector as well. Really don't need a bunch of different adapters when one would work. Any chance at seeing this?
Any answer to this question?
Old 06-27-2011, 02:40 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by 427-Z06
Any answer to this question?
Thanks for the question.

In order to provide the most accurate and well-timed RPM and V1 information at the lowest cost, we have determined that two separate units would be best implementation of both functions.

To monitor both RPM and V1 accurately with a single unit, further development and production costs would be necessary to provide such functionality.

Team DashTronix
Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Thank you for all the orders!

We will be looking forward to hearing how you like the new Progressive Shift.

Team DashTronix
Old 07-13-2011, 06:16 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Units are in stock and ready to ship.

Team DashTronix
Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Jim Shearer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

I received my Dashtronix Progressive Shift on Thursday last week. I installed and programmed it on Friday. I had already planned to go to a road course event Saturday so it worked out perfectly.

I have my unit set for my Z06 with Lower RPM: 3500, Upper RPM: 6500, and Shift RPM: 6700. The LS7 seems to rev so fast I wanted a little notice before I hit the limiter. I have set the display to “Build a Mountain”. I have the display set to DIC and HUD with shift light on. The guys at Dashtronix answered my questions regarding programming promptly and efficiently. They took time to discuss the various RPM ranges and gave me suggestions on where to set the unit

The Progressive Shift worked absolutely fantastic. I could easily see I was getting in the upper RPM range and if the “Build a Mountain” was not displayed I knew I was not in the power band. The shift light also worked flawlessly. I can see the shift light working best at the drag strip. When you are running the LS7 up near the rev limiter it sounds like it could go another 1000 RPMs to me. It has been so engrained in my brain to listen to the engine at the drag strip that I have been known to hit the rev limiter a time or two.

As I mentioned before, I have the display set to HUD and DIC. I ended up not using the DIC at all for the display. The HUD worked great. I am going to change it to HUD only so I can keep an eye on the oil temperature in the DIC.

I only have one negative to report and that was my own fault. The unit fell from the suggested mounting location a couple of times while I was on the track. I say it was my own fault because I did not use the enclosed zip ties until I was certain where I wanted to be mounted. Had I used the zip ties I don’t think I would be a problem. I bigger piece of Velcro would have helped too.

The Dashtronix is an excellent product and works fine with the Window Valet. I give it two thumbs up! I will be ordering a second unit for my ZR1.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:55 AM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Already have a RP (dic & hud version) with splitter cable for Window Valet. Can this be added? Is another splitter cable required?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:16 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

I've sent a contact request. Very interested in this product and development details for other vehicle models equipped with HUD from GM.

Damian
Old 07-20-2011, 02:33 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by RC000E
I've sent a contact request. Very interested in this product and development details for other vehicle models equipped with HUD from GM.

Damian
Hi Damian,

Thanks for the post.

Be sure to check out our Pontiac Grand Prix Radar Projector and our 2010-up Camaro Radar Projector also.

DashTronix R&D is constantly exploring all avenues for expanded functionality for our existing products and developing more revolutionary products for the automotive community. We're always excited to announce new products and are looking forward to soon sharing with the automotive community what we're working on.

Thanks,

Team DashTronix

Last edited by DashTronix; 07-20-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by CGZO6
Already have a RP (dic & hud version) with splitter cable for Window Valet. Can this be added? Is another splitter cable required?
Thanks for the question.

You can indeed have a DashTronix Radar Projector, a window valet, and a DashTronix Progressive Shift installed and working at the same time.

You will need the Progressive Shift accessory mode version unit, and the splitter cable.

You will be able to run both of your DashTronix products as well as your window valet.

Thanks,

Team DashTronix
Old 07-20-2011, 03:26 PM
99ta316
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I do have an idea what about being able to have two modes of settings. One for the track and one for daily driving/commuting? So that way I can remember to shift at 2250 instead of at 4k when I look down and see I am running in to high of gear.

I guess if I wanted to run the Window Valet I would also need to purchase the $15 cable and splitter?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:48 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by 99ta316
I do have an idea what about being able to have two modes of settings. One for the track and one for daily driving/commuting? So that way I can remember to shift at 2250 instead of at 4k when I look down and see I am running in to high of gear.

I guess if I wanted to run the Window Valet I would also need to purchase the $15 cable and splitter?
Thanks for the questions,

The current version of the Progressive Shift stores the one set of rpm values. It is a 1 minute procedure to change the values so it very easy to change settings between the street and the track. Thanks for the suggestion about the two rpm settings, it has been passed along to our engineering team.

If you want to run with a window valet and the Progressive Shift at the same time you do need the splitter cable.

Team DashTronix
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

This option would be cool:

Simultaneous display of RP on DIC, PS on HUD
or PS on DIC, RP on HUD.

Also, ditch the Radar Projector remote mute button option and use an exsisting button in the car (door unlock, reset button on DIC control, mirror up/dn/lt/rt with mirror control set to center, whatever). Trying to find a "good" place to put the remote mute is a PITA.

Great products,
Old 07-20-2011, 07:17 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by CGZO6
This option would be cool:

Simultaneous display of RP on DIC, PS on HUD
or PS on DIC, RP on HUD.

Also, ditch the Radar Projector remote mute button option and use an exsisting button in the car (door unlock, reset button on DIC control, mirror up/dn/lt/rt with mirror control set to center, whatever). Trying to find a "good" place to put the remote mute is a PITA.

Great products,
Thanks for the question, suggestions and praise.

Simultaneous display of a Radar Projector on DIC, and a Progressive Shift on HUD
or a Progressive Shift on DIC, and a Radar Projector on HUD is already possible.

You'll need a DashTronix Radar Projector and and DashTronix Progressive Shift and the splitter cable.

Set the RP to display where you want it, and then set your PS to display where you want it. You'll need the accessory mode version of the Progressive Shift.

Team DashTronix

Last edited by DashTronix; 07-20-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Amazing new product! Use your DIC or HUD as a progressive shift light!

Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 PM
ODE-Z
Instructor

I just bought an 09 Z06 that will certainly see some near 7k shifts at the track or perhaps ahem the street ( a closed course of course ) This is EXACTLY what i was looking for!!! Even more then I could have hoped!! I will be buying one of these units ASAP! They look AWESOME!!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Jim Shearer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

You will love it. They are fantastic. I have one for my Z06 and one for my ZR1.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Thank you for all the orders!

We will be looking forward to hearing how you like the new Progressive Shift.

Team DashTronix

Quick Reply: [Z06] Amazing new product! Use your DIC or HUD as a progressive shift light!